Sponsored

Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose?

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True, but most people like more bass, and in an open top vehicle, some bass boost is essential. And if it’s too heavy… just turn down the bass or adjust the EQ on the head unit (not sure what Sync 4 offers here, but it should at least have a bass adjustment).
Here's a question that I can not find an adequate explanation to on the web:

what's the acoustic/sound quality difference between a 2 way 4 inch speaker, and a Bullet 4 inch tweeter (assuming both have the same specs)? one vs the other, pros n cons, etc
Sponsored

Geomanis

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI and Ford Ranger Edge 5spd
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you install 4ohm speakers that are replacing 2ohm speakers and using the factory amp/radio, wouldn't that decrease your output?

My recommendation is 6.5 inch components up front. And 4 inch coaxial in the rear. Use an amp, they make small enough 2 channel and 4 channel amps to fit behind dash now.

My ideal system would be dsp, 6 channel amp for running speakers active, mono amp and one 10 inch subwoofer

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current plan is to just replace the stock factory speakers (non B&O build) and see if I'm satisfied before going for it with adding an amp and a sub.

Because of that, I'm going for speakers with sensitivity above 90. I'm probably going to get Hertz DCX speakers to replace all the factory speakers and then go from there.

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? hertz

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My current plan is to just replace the stock factory speakers (non B&O build) and see if I'm satisfied before going for it with adding an amp and a sub.

Because of that, I'm going for speakers with sensitivity above 90. I'm probably going to get Hertz DCX speakers to replace all the factory speakers and then go from there.

hertz.jpg

i saw those .... take a look at the Hertz CX100 speakers ... that's my choice so far for the front dash 4 inch speakers

have no ideas for the back yet

Ford Bronco Audiophiles - which of these 2 speakers would you choose? 1627600151333

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a question that I can not find an adequate explanation to on the web:

what's the acoustic/sound quality difference between a 2 way 4 inch speaker, and a Bullet 4 inch tweeter (assuming both have the same specs)? one vs the other, pros n cons, etc
Sorry but I don’t know what a bullet 4” tweeter is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry but I don’t know what a bullet 4” tweeter is.
Just when i thought i had made my mind up selecting 4 inch speakers i came across these bullet tweeters .... apparently they are a class by themselves and mostly they come in an enclosure, with high sensitivity and decent Peak RMS .... the name comes from the aluminum center cone having a bullet shape. They are 4 inch but i dont know if they are strictly tweeters as the name suggests or if they can handle highs AND mid levels?

take a look at these

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-B...t=&hvlocphy=9030096&hvtargid=pla-343408296612

https://pricedrightsales.com/produc...att-rms-car-audio-pair-street-reference-srxpt

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bullet tweeters are made just for highs... if you’re into the type of BASS music that has the hi hat symbol tick to it. Not so good for mid sounds and most come with a capacitor to block most of the midrange anyway. Another issue with a lot of low dollar speakers is that they use a single or very small range of frequency for rating sensitivity... so kinda deceptive a lot of times. These are just from my experience, and it’s been a few years since I built any serious systems, so things may have changed.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just when i thought i had made my mind up selecting 4 inch speakers i came across these bullet tweeters .... apparently they are a class by themselves and mostly they come in an enclosure, with high sensitivity and decent Peak RMS .... the name comes from the aluminum center cone having a bullet shape. They are 4 inch but i dont know if they are strictly tweeters as the name suggests or if they can handle highs AND mid levels?

take a look at these

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-B...t=&hvlocphy=9030096&hvtargid=pla-343408296612

https://pricedrightsales.com/produc...att-rms-car-audio-pair-street-reference-srxpt
I see. I would just put some quality 2-way speakers in the dash.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd choose option B as well. Generally speaking, 90db (or more) sensitivity is where you want to be if you're just swapping out the factory speakers, without adding an amp.

I'm picking up my Bronco on Friday and am already planning on switching out the factory speakers pretty quickly. I'm going to swap the speakers and then I'll add an amp at a later time.

I'm likely going to go with Morel Maximo Coax speakers in all 6 factory locations. They really hit above the price point and make for excellent factory speaker replacements without an amp.
How do you like the Morel’s? I’m looking at these now. Wanting something that can get loud, clear, and warm.
Sponsored