Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

actually an idea I'm also exploring. I will never be on a trail where I have to winch myself up for a long distance, it'll be most likely getting unstuck from something or getting over something, a couple feet of movement. For that rare occasion, a hand winch might just be all I need.

Just not sure about the safety rule to stay away from the winch line, if you have to be there hand winching it. Good safety blankets I guess might be enough.

More things to think about.

I'd just rather not have a winch permanently mounted for daily driving, if I lived close to trails that would be different.
Judicious use of a snatch block can keep operator out of the line of fire.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I would like something like the Bronco Bastards plate...although would like to have a place to mount the fairlead but I guess I could just sam-ich one between the winch and plate.

Bronco_Bastards
That's a LoD winch plate for their JL Wrangler bumpers

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was looking at the accessories catalog and noticed that the Ford Perfromance winch by Warn is only available on vehicles without a front facing camera and without adaptive cruise control ( meaning no lux package).

My questions are:
1. Doesnt the badlands come standard with a front facing camera? ( asking because i reserved a badlands)
2. What are your winch solutions if you want a lux package or have a front facing camera?
if you want to add a winch, it might block the camera..

option 1: winch blocks camera

option 2: remove winch and camera works as advertised

option 3: purchase aftermarket bumper with relocated winch (maybe losing front sensors)

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2. What are your winch solutions if you want a lux package or have a front facing camera?
Buy a kinetic energy recovery rope instead.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

….of little use when alone.
Rule #1 of offroading, don't go out alone.

Only time I've ever needed a winch was to recover someone else's vehicle off a ledge, embankment, or when it rolled. I can't recall ever using a winch to get my own vehicle out of something. Every other recovery I've used snatch straps (before I found out about the kinetic rope).

Last edited:

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had front bumper mount winch's and never liked the 1. weight on the front, 2. UV hitting the rope, 3. dirt and grim accumulating in the gearing, and most of all 4. 50% of the time I needed to winch, it was from the rear...
Here is what I stuck with on the 19 Rubicon that will transfer over to the Bronco (if I ever get it, out to 2023 now with the painted top): And yes, I just picked up my buddies 2019 Rubicon since I was pushing 150K on my BMW X5, also no sales tax on a private in sale in Nevada, so whenever we get Demo Bronco's to even sit in they will have to be beautiful, my Wildtrak order is still on hold for a non-sandstone interior and a painted top.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-65079.html?hhyear=2019&hhmake=Jeep&hhmodel=Wrangler+Unlimited
https://www.4wd.com/p/smittybilt-winch-cradle-2811/_/R-DSBP-2811
Then pick any winch you want and load it in the back in the cradle and if needed, attach it to the receivers in the front OR back.

Last edited:

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had front bumper mount winch's and never liked the 1. weight on the front, 2. UV hitting the rope, 3. dirt and grim accumulating in the gearing, and most of all 4. 50% of the time I needed to winch, it was from the rear...
Here is what I stuck with on the 19 Rubicon that will transfer over to the Bronco (if I ever get it, out to 2023 now with the painted top): And yes, I just picked up my buddies 2019 Rubicon since I was pushing 150K on my BMW X5, also no sales tax on a private in sale in Nevada, so whenever we get Demo Bronco's to even sit in they will have to be beautiful, my Wildtrak order is still on hold for a non-sandstone interior and a painted top.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-65079.html?hhyear=2019&hhmake=Jeep&hhmodel=Wrangler+Unlimited
https://www.4wd.com/p/smittybilt-winch-cradle-2811/_/R-DSBP-2811
Then pick any winch you want and load it in the back in the cradle and if needed, attach it to the receivers in the front OR back.
Thank you!!! Fantastic answer! Truly THE solution I will implement. Stow the winch in inside my Bronco, and only mount it on the front or rear bumper as required for a recovery situation...Kinetic rope, gear, and winch all stowed and available as required. Meanwhile my gear is 100% out of the weather and Oregon drug addicts view.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rule #1 of offroading, don't go out alone.
Riiiight…….always bring someone with you when overlanding, bound to be all kinds of people heading to the same destination at the same time. 🙄

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Riiiight…….always bring someone with you when overlanding, bound to be all kinds of people heading to the same destination at the same time. 🙄
So...have no friends? Join an off roading group, there are tons of off roading groups everywhere. Anyone that is actually a serious off roading enthusiast knows the rule and why it's important.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you!!! Fantastic answer! Truly THE solution I will implement. Stow the winch in inside my Bronco, and only mount it on the front or rear bumper as required for a recovery situation...Kinetic rope, gear, and winch all stowed and available as required. Meanwhile my gear is 100% out of the weather and Oregon drug addicts view.
The other item, we are in the sierra desert with limited trees. the pull pal land anchor:
https://www.pullpal.com/pull-pal.html
If, if, if, you are the only vehicle out there, than this is key if there are no trees on each side of the trail.
Sponsored