First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not good news. Never had visible damage like that on any of the soft tops I've owned. And wearing through that cable would be bad news. Most I've ever had besides cloudy and scratched windows was a random stray tread here and there.
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw this at a dealer yesterday ā€¦. The soft top looks horrible. Wrinkled and not tight at all.

94683C4E-0017-474B-A45D-A68EC8F7738D.jpeg
Yeah, this looks like crap. I was considering changing my order to a soft top to get it sooner. But after watching some soft top videos I decided to stick with the MIC. It justs looks so floppy. I see 4d wranglers driving around with soft tops and the tops look tight and snug. Windows are not wavy.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see 4d wranglers driving around with soft tops and the tops look tight and snug. Windows are not wavy.
Wrangler windows typically start out wavy then tighten up in the sun. Ford is using thinner plastic, though, in order to have the lift-up rear.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve been thinking about this for a while as a soft too guy. It seems like EVERY single video, both produced by Ford and by owners, people just set the top into the down position and lock it in with zero regard for how the soft top material folds into itself. On the Jeep Bestop that does this, the material folds a little bit neater into its accordion style.

Iā€™ve maintained from day 1 of seeing the soft top that I donā€™t think you should just throw it down and bounce. As you can see from these pictures, itā€™s easy for the material on the sides to not fold neatly, and get pinched up in itself. I think 30 extra seconds while youā€™re putting the top down, you can make sure the folds are neat and not trapped in between the frame and the rest of the bunched up material. I really think this is why the soft tops have this gross wrinkled looks on them on the sides, and why OP is experiencing rubbing.

A4671681-DA22-4F13-98F3-CD849CFBD900.png

A8F3D52F-4293-4DD5-8C9D-70BEB8343F75.jpeg

05DAE508-3F9F-4E33-B31E-AD37F9C80D0F.png

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe we should realize that not every single thing about ANY vehicle is going to be perfect. Have any others reported this same issue?
Exactly in all the replies not one other person has come back and said ā€œmine is doing that tooā€ I would think we have enough of theses units out there that we would see a pattern. Like everyone else said this individual could be doing something that is causing this. The roof could be installed or manufactured wrong, even the much vaunted Toyota builds garbage to occasionally. Iā€™ve owned stuff from every major manufacturer and surprising the most trouble free was a 2019 GC I put 40k miles on with only one warranty claim. A loose sunroof bolt. Meanwhile my MDX I put the same mileage on 2017 had 25 claims in the same year. I could go on and on but the point is this. One person (which sucks for them) having this issue is hardly anything to get upset over. Show me 20 more people on the forum suffering the same thing then we can start the cry parade about how terrible Ford is.

Sponsored

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess I'll be the butthole on this one... You said "car", please zoom out on your pic so we can actually see this issue on a Bronco. :D

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep should make a tv commercial with all of these top issues Ford is having.
Like the Jeep is the saint on this movie... Everybody knows the best friend of a Jeep guy is a wrench šŸ”§.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw this at a dealer yesterday ā€¦. The soft top looks horrible. Wrinkled and not tight at all.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks DA77AFD4-A1DD-46F5-A7D1-759AC61BF7B7
I believe is not supposed to be completed tight. If you make it tight you will have more road noise as it's going to amplify the sound.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well shit, that ain't right. I don't like what ain't right. Good luck sir, I hope this is settled to your satisfaction.

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So basically both tops, which are arguably the easiest parts to make are the biggest pieces of shit?
Turns out those wasn't the easiest one. I would say it's one the most critical part as it has to be easily removed, constantly by the owner (owners are not always the smartest ones), so your design has to be bullet proof, durable and on top of that, it's a 4 pieces part that has to hold leaking problems.
So, no, definitely not the easy one when it comes to design something like that. Easy will be just having a metal roof like a 4runner but that's not the Bronco we want.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we can all agree, the bronco soft top design is better than this.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks DA77AFD4-A1DD-46F5-A7D1-759AC61BF7B7
Just the soft top? Gladiator is a hell ugly truck on my eyes.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd like to see the best top one in action.
Sponsored