TFLtruck

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Update: Per the advice of this forum I isolated the area and siliconed the top thoroughly. No dice, little to no change. Sigh.
*I tried the Blaster brand of Silicone lubricant spray
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you for bringing this up. Hopefully Ford resolves this for y'all and future builds.

However, I don't see why y'all would compare the interior to a nice car when clearly the intent of the Bronco was to be a rugged off-roader. The money was put into the powertrain's strength and abilities which y'all clearly understand, one would think.

I'm not a Bronco-only fan, never owned one nor a Jeep. But y'all chose to buy a First Edition above sticker. I'm buying a base 4D Sasquatch which has almost all the major off road bits that y'all have but for $41,000 USD + TTL.

Y'all clearly seem to have a bias which doesn't make sense if y'all enjoy off-roading and the community like y'all appear to. I generally enjoy y'all's videos and do have a good rest of your weekend.
Lol, it is literally their job to discuss the interior. From materials used to quality control issues. That’s why people watch their channel.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Per the advice of this forum I isolated the area and siliconed the top thoroughly. No dice, little to no change. Sigh.
Try tightening the latches... A screwdriver/ Allen key may be your friend. If so apply more loctite. đź‘€

DWood

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll raise you one. I just pulled the front two panels and checked for loose parts. One of the 1/4 turns were extremely loose and I could replicate the popping noise by jiggling it. I’ve tightened it and placed it back on. Unfortunately I’m at work until 8am so I won’t know for sure until I head home in the morning.

EDIT: Noise resolved after tightening 1/4 turn latches.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll raise you one. I just pulled the front two panels and checked for loose parts. One of the 1/4 turns were extremely loose and I could replicate the popping noise by jiggling it. I’ve tightened it and placed it back on. Unfortunately I’m at work until 8am so I won’t know for sure until I head home in the morning.

oh JFC…. That would kill me. WTF FORD!

This is not acceptable.

DWood

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
oh JFC…. That would kill me. WTF FORD!

This is not acceptable.
I had a random pop here and there after around 1k miles. That video was captured the other day at around 1200 miles after about 30 miles of washed out and overall rough National forest roads however it absolutely drove me insane appears that the 1/4 turn had loosened substantially over time. I went over all front 2 panel bolts nuts and 1/4 turns and all are equally tight. If it is fixed now and then re-appears they’ll get some loctite and/or a bushing/ o-ring behind the hardware if there isn’t one already

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best to edit the OP and include the updates there instead of just a reply in the thread as it will be lost after multiple responses/pages.

You can edit the OP so that the proposed fix is included and the results of proposals. This way, you also don't have subsequent replies of others suggesting the same thing.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll take "things you shouldn't have to do after only a few weeks" for $500 Alex

If MI sun does this I can't imagine how well those seals will hold up here in the south or southwest.
Fake news!
Everyone knows there is no sun in Michigan!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Re-tightening fasteners and applying blue Loctite thread locker is nothing new for motorcycles or off-road vehicles. The noise is definitely annoying, but it should be easy to fix. Vibrations loosen fasteners off-road. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotta love how it looks like it's snowing inside the vehicle when they close a clasp or move the top.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
proxy.jpg

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
However, I don't see why y'all would compare the interior to a nice car when clearly the intent of the Bronco was to be a rugged off-roader. The money was put into the powertrain's strength and abilities which y'all clearly understand, one would think.

Odd post; exactly zero people compared it to a nice car, just stated facts about their roof, so the entire basis of your "I'm smarter than you because I got the poor's version of the Bronco" post is rather transparent and sad. Perhaps Ford should not have released the product until the design and execution met the minimum quality standards of a 1985 Yugo GV? Although it sounds like you might consider that a nice car and be unmoved by my suggestion.

There is bound to be many little issues as they hit the public. If you want to avoid them, wait for the '23. The Wrangler has been made and updated constantly and it's still far from perfect. The wise thing to do is never buy the first year but still no one does that. Maybe they should have refined the Bronco a few more years before production, lol.
Blaming folks for taking it on faith that Ford would never release a roof product that was of such low quality design/construction is the ultimate Ford apologist move. You are seriously suggesting it is the consumer's fault they bought a first or second year Ford instead of asking why Ford didn't catch this and fix it in all their testing? BTW; it is not asking for 'perfection' to desire an extra cost hard-top not squeak and pop every 3.2 seconds from new. If the 4-door roofs can't be made without the rubbing and possible sealing issues, they should not offer it on the 4-door.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look up squeak and rattle kit from Rotunda.
Sponsored