Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Skip to 20:20 if you don't want to listen to him talk about how much better the Bronco is than the Jeep, but he still has no ragerts...

Since, you know, he'd look stupid if he admitted he did. :rolleyes:

Edit 3: Oh, it's not his Bronco, my bad.

Last edited:

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Skip to 20:20 if you don't want to listen to him talk about how much better the Bronco is than the Jeep, but he still has no ragerts...

Since, you know, he'd look stupid if he admitted he did. :rolleyes:
I think he has a very rational point, the Bronco isn't better enough than the Jeep for him to wait more than a year to get a similar configuration.

I think the dude did a good job laying out what he likes and dislikes about each.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think he has a very rational point, the Bronco isn't better enough than the Jeep for him to wait more than a year to get a similar configuration.

I think the dude did a good job laying out what he likes and dislikes about each.
I agree completely. You can buy a Jeep on dealer lots today for under MSRP, vs the Bronco, which is currently going for $25,000 over MSRP for any that are available. Who’s making the worse decision?

Or should he have placed his order and waited for two years to get one? I think many on here have forgotten that Jeep is a proven off roader, and it’s road mannerisms, while not even close to the Bronco, are not bad in terms compared to vehicles from 10 to 15 years ago.

Last edited:

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seemed like fair points he made. He was actually charitable not calling the Bronco production issues an absolute shitshow. He also seems like a no frills guy and the Wrangler fits that perfectly.
My point is that he's being disingenuous to save face.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does the SoLiD FrOnT AxeL comment always come up...hasn't the Bronco shown that it is just as capable?
I just heard a lot of excuses for why the Jeep is "more refined"... oh look, my plastic is better than your plastic...

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the bottom line is that he's not willing to do something everyone has to do, i.e.: wait. It takes the wind out of his argument. It's strawmaning at it's finest. Not to mention, him and his dad have both been sniping at the Bronco ever since Ford pulled their press passes for being assholes.
That doesn't even make sense but ok. He waited 8 weeks for his Jeep, would have had to wait at least a year for the Bronco. How is that not a valid consideration when buying a new vehicle? How is it a straw man to consider an extra summer (remember we only get a finite number of them) of offroad, top down fun a plus?

I'm not even a fan of TFL but this take you have is harsh and imo irrational.

Sponsored

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 Silverado, ‘97 Wrangler, ‘65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Willys Wrangler was my choice for a new truck before the Bronco was announced. I like the Bronco better because of the standard equipment. Power windows, locks and mirrors, modern radio, LED headlights and the fact that it’s a Ford bucking Bronco.

I like the Jeep for the available limited slip on the base and the mechanical transfer case shifter and hand brake. I also prefer two solid axels on a 4x4.

I have no regrets about waiting for a manual Base Squatch.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While I'm not a huge fan of theirs, the son is definitely more objective than the father and I can appreciate that.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That doesn't even make sense but ok. He waited 8 weeks for his Jeep, would have had to wait at least a year for the Bronco. How is that not a valid consideration when buying a new vehicle? How is it a straw man to consider an extra summer (remember we only get a finite number of them) of offroad, top down fun a plus?

I'm not even a fan of TFL but this take you have is harsh and imo irrational.
Look, we all knew the Bronco was going to be about a year out from release, barring delays. The jeep has been on the market by itself for the last 25 years.

His end argument was that he had to wait for a Bronco otherwise the Bronco is better.

It's a strawman because he's using the production schedule instead of the actual vehicle as the basis of his argument.

The straw man fallacy. occurs in the following pattern of argument:
  1. Person 1 asserts proposition X.
  2. Person 2 (or Person 1 against themselves) argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.
This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the position of the argument.

In this case, he's claiming he doesn't regret buying the Bronco, but clearly, he does, as the Bronco is the better vehicle. However, he's asserting, i.e. strawmaning, that his position is that he had to wait for Bronco production.

Whereas, if you remove the strawman, his argument falls apart completely, because he admits himself that he thinks the Bronco is superior to the Jeep.

Last edited:

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look, we all knew the Bronco was going to be about a year out from release, barring delays. The jeep has been on the market by itself for the last 25 years.

His end argument was that he had to wait for a Bronco otherwise the Bronco is better.

It's a strawman because he's using the production schedule instead of the actual vehicle as the basis of his argument.

The straw man fallacy. occurs in the following pattern of argument:
  1. Person 1 asserts proposition X.
  2. Person 2 argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.
This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the position of the argument.

In this case, he's claiming he doesn't regret buying the Bronco, but clearly, he does, as the Bronco is the better vehicle. However, he's asserting, i.e. strawmaning, that his position is that he had to wait for Bronco production.

Whereas, if you remove the strawman, his argument falls apart completely, because he admits himself that he thinks the Bronco is superior to the Jeep.
Timing is not a superficial factor for most people, rendering your whole strawman argument moot. Unless you are immortal? :unsure:

You are also saying that this video is something it's not. It's not a strictly 'which car is better' video. It's literally 'Do I personally regret buying my Jeep' video, and in that context a year+ additional wait time is absolutely a relevent and non-superficial factor.