Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Koon’s Ford of Annapolis has two. The one I borrowed for a couple hours was a cyber yellow badlands with a stick. I was really pleased with the stick shift and was having a bit of buyers remorse on getting the larger engine with the 10 speed auto.
Sponsored

Nope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Stopped by Sheehy Gaithersburg to test drive their Wildtrak demo car.
Limited to 30 minute time slots.

Ford Bronco Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD? 210180977_498856297848088_6348447175207938416_n

Ford Bronco Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD? 213419466_1167139257105206_1400565426421012173_n

Rev

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ford Raptor, 17 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stopped by Koon's of Annapolis on Saturday to look at the badlands and the windshield was cracked pretty good.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stopped by Koon's of Annapolis on Saturday to look at the badlands and the windshield was cracked pretty good.
Yes. They told me that it came off the truck that way... On the other hand, I was told they were driving it pretty hard around the dirt storage area (that is now empty due to a lack of vehicles).

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Special thanks to John H. and the team at Stephens Auto Center. John picked me up yesterday to drive away with my wifes new Bronco. He has been awesome to work with throughout this entire process.

Their commitment to this forum and pricing was spot on when I signed the papers. No games played at all. Every discount was there without having to ask. You can feel secure with your purchase or new order. Honest friendly team there and goodness what a beautiful area to drive home from with the top off.

Thanks everyone at Stephens!
Ford Bronco Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD? bronco

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Koon’s Ford of Annapolis has two. The one I borrowed for a couple hours was a cyber yellow badlands with a stick. I was really pleased with the stick shift and was having a bit of buyers remorse on getting the larger engine with the 10 speed auto.
I just got in on this action yesterday, taking the yellow Badlands for a spin. Gotta agree that the manual was smooth and the vehicle easy to drive but it also convinced me that I’m really over having a stick shift and will be more than happy to order the auto. Thought the leather was nice and the interior plastics, while not as good as they could be for the price, not as off-putting as some have been suggesting. And no soft top for me, thing was noisy, but it’s a soft top so it’s what I expected. Also reaffirming that I’ll pass on the squatch. Not planning to do technical rock climbing and the bigger tires were a bit of a drag on the roads. Overall, I still really like it!

SpaceDad

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took the Annapolis Ford's yellow manual Badlands for a spin yesterday. I stopped by on my way home from work and the salesman just took my license and handed me the keys. Took it for a twenty minute test drive with the top flipped back.

Overall, the clutch and shifter were very smooth. I am currently driving a Mazda 3 manual and it really didn't feel any different than that. The engine was fine, but certainly not going to win any races. The whole truck felt very easy to drive. I was impressed.

I don't have a reservation yet (I have been on the fence) When I talked to the salesman, he said it would probably be MSRP + $5K to go through them. Yikes.

I love the truck and a manual Badlands is what I would get, but I ain't paying MSRP + $5K for anything.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got in on this action yesterday, taking the yellow Badlands for a spin. Gotta agree that the manual was smooth and the vehicle easy to drive but it also convinced me that I’m really over having a stick shift and will be more than happy to order the auto. Thought the leather was nice and the interior plastics, while not as good as they could be for the price, not as off-putting as some have been suggesting. And no soft top for me, thing was noisy, but it’s a soft top so it’s what I expected. Also reaffirming that I’ll pass on the squatch. Not planning to do technical rock climbing and the bigger tires were a bit of a drag on the roads. Overall, I still really like it!
did you test drive a squatch-d vehicle?

Td3

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Koons of Annapolis has a Wildtrak in addition to the Badlands, which I plan to take out soon to get an idea of how the bigger tires handle. Apple Ford in Columbia also has a Wildtrak mannequin that I sat in briefly but did not have time then to take it out.

Sponsored

Td3

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took the Annapolis Ford's yellow manual Badlands for a spin yesterday. I stopped by on my way home from work and the salesman just took my license and handed me the keys. Took it for a twenty minute test drive with the top flipped back.

Overall, the clutch and shifter were very smooth. I am currently driving a Mazda 3 manual and it really didn't feel any different than that. The engine was fine, but certainly not going to win any races. The whole truck felt very easy to drive. I was impressed.

I don't have a reservation yet (I have been on the fence) When I talked to the salesman, he said it would probably be MSRP + $5K to go through them. Yikes.

I love the truck and a manual Badlands is what I would get, but I ain't paying MSRP + $5K for anything.
SpaceDad, if you’re on the fence and it isn’t a financial issue, you might want to put down the $100 for a reservation as it is fully refundable if you change your mind, and that would at least get you in line so you can order one later if you decide to (no idea whatsoever when you might actually GET the Bronco, however…)

I agree with you on that price - no way and there are many better deals out there, so check around this site before you make that reservation (there might still be a spreadsheet of dealers)

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't like that mark up, check out Chapman Ford of Horsham (North of Philly, PA).
@DealerInsider can correct me if I'm wrong, but Tom's offer is:
1) At Invoice + free delivery.
2) 3-4% below invoice if you pick it up there.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

did you test drive a squatch-d vehicle?
Yep, it was squatch-d. Not a bad ride overall but I took it on some curvy roads, made a couple u-turns and pulled in and out of my driveway a couple times and could feel the big tires doing what they’re supposed to do, maximum gripping of the surface. I’ll be fine sitting a little lower to the ground and hopefully enjoy slightly better gas mileage.

[correction- that manual Badlands was not squatch-d. The young salesman said it was but I didn’t verify. Can see the badge in a previous post that shows it’s just a standard Badlads.]

Last edited:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it was squatch-d. Not a bad ride overall but I took it on some curvy roads, made a couple u-turns and pulled in and out of my driveway a couple times and could feel the big 35” tires doing what they’re supposed to do, maximum gripping of the surface. I’ll be fine sitting a little lower to the ground and hopefully enjoy slightly better gas mileage.
did you test drive the yellow badlands or the red wild track or both?

dropping by there tomorrow after lunch

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you test drive the yellow badlands or the red wild track or both?

dropping by there tomorrow after lunch
I test drove this bad boy at Sheehy in Gaithersburg last weekend. It was nice...
PXL_20210731_141743117.MP.jpg
Sponsored