First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ignore the legality issue PLEASE..

Neither my wife and I will commute in the Bronco- She walks, I have a work provided vehicle. I struggle with fake beadlocks.... I don't mind maintenance/regular torquing of beadlocks.. I have never owned them. I have 4 wheeled extensively without beadlocks... I plan on on board air (can't decide between a CO2 tank or compressor) I have ran a power tank before.

What is it like dealing with beadlocks on a non-trailered rig??
Sponsored

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No biggie. I drive my ā€˜68 around on headlocks everywhere. Just check air pressure and the bolts occasionally.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone these days has "beadlooks" so you don't have to worry. It not a like a cop would ever know or care.

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can only offer one reference point, buddy's Rubi.
JKU Rubicon.
Method 105 wheels
BFG 37'' KM3 Tires
I torqued to spec, the beads of the tire compressed but not to the point of the rings clamping against the wheel. My buddy drove it about 100 miles and rechecked and they were loose. He torqued them once or twice more and I think they have been tight since. I believe if you can seat the ring against the face of the rim it'll be rock solid. If the ring is "floating" i think things can shift.

All I got first hand.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can only offer one reference point, buddy's Rubi.
JKU Rubicon.
Method 105 wheels
BFG 37'' KM3 Tires
I torqued to spec, the beads of the tire compressed but not to the point of the rings clamping against the wheel. My buddy drove it about 100 miles and rechecked and they were loose. He torqued them once or twice more and I think they have been tight since. I believe if you can seat the ring against the face of the rim it'll be rock solid. If the ring is "floating" i think things can shift.

All I got first hand.
Those wheels require a spacer with thick bead tires! Buy them ASAP, this is when beadlocks are unsafe! They have to be solid, or they will come loose and/or break bolts! I had to get them for Cooper STT pros.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...s-beadlock-ring-spacer-kit-one-per-wheel-17in

Now. That being said, i ram beadlocks on my daily for 20k miles without issues. They never came loose, although i did check them every few months. I will be doing beadlocks on the bronco too.

Ford Bronco Daily (well not really) with beadlocks 56404891-189D-45C9-8193-84D5A136C507

Last edited:

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I run the Rock Monsters on my Jeep, they are a dual beadlock and one of the few street legal ones. They have the DOT markings on them if they were ever to be checked. Iā€™ve had them for 5 years and have never had to retorque them. I store the jeep in the winter and I donā€™t think they even lose a pound of pressure in the 4-5 months itā€™s in storage. Only downside is price and weight. They are designing a set for the Bronco and itā€™s the only aftermarket set of wheels I would consider.

FA4577BE-DFB2-4661-853B-5B8CDDD931A8.jpeg
Sponsored