RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the Toyota dealer put in an 'order' for mine since February for a Voodoo Blue, Access Cab 4x4 TRD Sport with the manual, and it showed up early June. At the time it came in, the dealer had zero brand new Tacomas on the lot and told me they had four calls for it since it was auto-listed on their website for about 5 days.
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok so here it is....I was and am still in the Bronco camp. But I couldn't help myself but check out Jeep and Toyota. I was honestly pretty shocked when I walked in. I have never walked into 2 dealerships and walked out within the span of 10 minutes in each. The only reason I even went is cause I need a car by November.

I go to Jeep to potentially take a look at a Jeep 4xe. The sales guy pretty much brushed it off and was like nope not a penny less then MSRP and good luck waiting for one there's a "list" at the dealership when they come in. Fine I go to Toyota 4Runner is nice, but they dont have the one I want (Had like 2 and one was sold). So I ask to build it....at the MINIMUM 6 months right now to get your car.

So, long story short I know we have all been waiting a year and we all keep talking about how shity of a job Ford has done with this role out. Honestly, everyone is having a hard time. Doesn't excuse their ineptitude though. I mean come on 6 months to build a 4runner TRD Pro model that been around more then a decade?? This just solidified my decision to continue waiting for the car I really want.
As a Wrangler owner when the Bronco first came out I acknowledged the great retro styling but never thought about driving anything other than a Wrangler. Then FCA ignored the the plight of the 2012-2014 Wrangler owners (Google Pentastar tick and cracked oil filter housing). They knew about the design/manufacturing issues but publicly denied the problem. Then under pressure they offered extended warranties to some select 2013 MY owners but refused assistance to others. That is how I switched from an Bronco admirer to a Bronco order holder. So I will wait….

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a Wrangler owner when the Bronco first came out I acknowledged the great retro styling but never thought about driving anything other than a Wrangler. Then FCA ignored the the plight of the 2012-2014 Wrangler owners (Google Pentastar tick and cracked oil filter housing). They knew about the design/manufacturing issues but publicly denied the problem. Then under pressure they offered extended warranties to some select 2013 MY owners but refused assistance to others. That is how I switched from an Bronco admirer to a Bronco order holder. So I will wait….
Maybe I was lucky, but I used to own a 2014 2 Door Sport S Wrangler and never had any mechanical issues. My only gripe about Jeep was the leaky roof. My car always had a puddle of water in it every time it rained.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5% under invoice for wranglers plus 1% AR # right now = 6%
What kind of delivery times frames are you seeing for fully-loaded Rubicon orders? Are they also dealing with commodity constraints? If so, what options/parts specifically?

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What kind of delivery times frames are you seeing for fully-loaded Rubicon orders? Are they also dealing with commodity constraints? If so, what options/parts specifically?
they normally come within 2 weeks…lately 4-8 weeks…gorilla glass seems to be the only issue right now

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe I was lucky, but I used to own a 2014 2 Door Sport S Wrangler and never had any mechanical issues. My only gripe about Jeep was the leaky roof. My car always had a puddle of water in it every time it rained.
You were lucky, my nephew also had a 2014 2 door sport s Wrangler with absolutely no issues. The Pentastar issues were big for the 2013’s and affected random 2014 owners (like me). There is a pending class action filed against FCA for denying warranty claims on the Pentastar engines.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m considering a short term lease on a Jeep to hold me over for what is likely a year based on Ford not building my day 1. Has anyone ever tried any of the lease trader sites?? Looking for something short term to hit the trails now.
In a recent thread someone mentioned @DealerInsider had a lease buy back deal 15 months or less.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond