Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does shipping work? Can I buy at out of state dealership but have it shipped to me?
Yes, you complete the purchase and the paperwork is either electronically sent to you to sign or FedEx. Specific to Granger, they have a dedicated shipping person that will work with the shipper of your choice.
Sponsored

Jamzoii

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you complete the purchase and the paperwork is either electronically sent to you to sign or FedEx. Specific to Granger, they have a dedicated shipping person that will work with the shipper of your choice.
Idea of cost to ship to florida?

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the best approach, is to use one of the online sources and punching in the ZIP codes. In most cases, you can get a quote on the spot.
Granger told me they could help with shipping as well once it gets closer. Assuming they'll be able to get better rates.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As I have purchased both new and used vehicles numerous times from out of state and brought them back into my home state of California, I can provide a quick run through of how easy the process is.

Upon purchase, Granger may elect to collect the CA Sales tax and remit to California or not. In my experience, most out of state dealerships DO NOT collect CA sales tax - that responsibility will fall on you. If you fly/drive in, with the intention of driving home, the dealership will usually provide you with a temporary registration so that the vehicle is legally registered to be driven.

Upon returning to California, you will be required to do a couple of things before going in to the DMV. First, despite that the vehicle is brand new and a 50-state vehicle, you will be REQUIRED to have a smog check (*). Second, you will need to have a vehicle verification form completed - either by a AAA representative of a DMV representative. You can find that form here.

Once you have these two steps completed, you can go into the DMV along with the sales contract you received from Granger. The CA DMV agent will get the vehicle purchase price from the sales contract and will compute the sales tax and the vehicle registration fees and you will need to pay those fees and then the DMV agent will hand you the license plates. It's an easy/straightforward process.

(*) The reason that a smog test is required is to insure that the vehicle's smog control devices have not been modified by the out-of-state dealer. California car dealerships are prohibited by State law to modify a vehicle that may make it non-CARB compliant. However, CA's sphere of control does not extend to out of state dealerships, hence the SMOG test requirement. (Note that if you elect to ship the Bronco back to CA, you will need to drive it a bit to get the smog monitors within the ECU to "set". The monitors must be set before the Bronco can pass the smog test. A guide to help you to get the monitors set on a Ford vehicle can be found here.)

Sponsored
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Ford Bronco, '19 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Helpful to have the step by step. Not to scare anyone off, but last time I did this with a Raptor from an out of state dealer it took 3 trips to the CA DMV and was a nightmare (even with similar research). Not surprisingly the DMV workers couldn't figure out which forms were actually required despite me telling them. I also understand there are third party DMV services (not AAA) that will do this for $100-150. May be worth avoiding the headache of a DMV appointment for some, especially if we're still dealing w/ COVID in the spring.

BootyBanditz

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently a 2018 Silverado but reserved a 2021 base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the post Albert!

Side note, for anyone on the fence or not about Granger:
- I spoke with Jay V on the phone and he took the time out of his day to explain everything to me, super professional.
- I then got an email from Albert that stated what his Bronco6g username was so I could stay updated on any information he posts here. Awesome idea!
- I live in Texas and work overseas. I was told that I would be able to do the entire ordering process over the phone or via email.
- Ill be flying into Iowa from either Kuwait or Dubai (depends on where Im working at the time of vehicle delivery) and they stated they will pick me up from the airport so I have a ride. AWESOME!

Even though there isnt alot of information about the Broncos yet it seems like Granger is giving out every bit that they can. I will gladly make that 12 hour drive from Iowa to Texas to bring my Bronco home even after flying for 22hours to get to Iowa. Granger has my business!

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is very interesting indeed. My dealer will do X-plan which I believe is 0.4% back of Invoice. That's still about only about $750 more then this dealer but they will also include a free lifetime Power Train warranty. That plus the price of airfare, hotel and other expenses kinda makes me think of just staying local. Decisions....decisions....

BootyBanditz

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is very interesting indeed. My dealer will do X-plan which I believe is 0.4% back of Invoice. That's still about only about $750 more then this dealer but they will also include a free lifetime Power Train warranty. That plus the price of airfare, hotel and other expenses kinda makes me think of just staying local. Decisions....decisions....
Ive checked plane tickets from kuwait to dallas and kuwait to des moins and they are the same. So no loss on airfare for me. My wife works for Hilton so I get discounted hotel rooms (about $35 a night), the only real thing ill have to pay for is fuel but with a base model (smaller tires) 2 door (light weight) manual (low revs) and 2.3L I should get pretty good gas mileage. Plus I get to make a sweet road trip across the country. Hopefully theres a few people picking up their Broncos at the same time and we can have a party at the hotel and get fucked up before we head out on our own road trips the following day lol

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive checked plane tickets from kuwait to dallas and kuwait to des moins and they are the same. So no loss on airfare for me. My wife works for Hilton so I get discounted hotel rooms (about $35 a night), the only real thing ill have to pay for is fuel but with a base model (smaller tires) 2 door (light weight) manual (low revs) and 2.3L I should get pretty good gas mileage. Plus I get to make a sweet road trip across the country. Hopefully theres a few people picking up their Broncos at the same time and we can have a party at the hotel and get fucked up before we head out on our own road trips the following day lol
No doubt the fun factor would be there!!

Sponsored

BootyBanditz

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No doubt the fun factor would be there!!
Looking at where youre from we would be taking the same route (interstate 35 if I remember correctly). Ill be registering the Vehicle in Texas (where Im building my house) but Im currently renting out of Shreveport.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at where youre from we would be taking the same route (interstate 35 if I remember correctly). Ill be registering the Vehicle in Texas (where Im building my house) but Im currently renting out of Shreveport.
Yeah it would be pretty much the same route home. I did Ouray CO nonstop last year. I sure hope the Bronco drives as good at my 4runner.

Are you at Barksdale AFB? I have a buddy that flies 52s outta there.

BootyBanditz

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah it would be pretty much the same route home. I did Ouray CO nonstop last year. I sure hope the Bronco drives as good at my 4runner.

Are you at Barksdale AFB? I have a buddy that flies 52s outta there.
No, my military days are long over. Now I work for the dark side as a contractor lol. Same job, way more pay lol.