Sponsored

Question for those with Soft Top -- is yours 'loose' and rear windows wavy / wrinkled?

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Or those who have seen it in person. I saw my first Bronco this morning in person, Black Diamond with soft top. Maybe it came off the truck this way and the dealership hadn't had a chance to rectify it, but the soft top seemed 'loose' and the rear windows were wavy. Compared to the Jeep soft tops, it looked very poor. So tell me, can you 'tighten' it up or do you just deal with wavy windows?

Thanks!
Occasionally, the rear side windows would look wavy on my JKU, I would adjust the Velcro and make sure the windows were completely zipped up to make it tighter and get rid of the waves. I hated the look of the wavy windows. It is something I have noticed in several photos of the Bronco. I am hoping that it does not look that wavy in person. Does not look like there is a way to « tighten » the windows on the Bronco.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be trick as hades if someone could come up with a flip up solid glass like the hard top.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you happen to know if the Bestop TrekTops (4Door and 2Door) are currently available? If so, can you only order them through a Ford dealer?
They are available from Ford Accessories
Ford Accessories | The Official Site for Ford Accessories | Customize Your Ford

Twill TrekTop is $2229 and the Vinyl is $1579 - Same price 4Dd or 2D, go figure. Both are Fastback.

I had Bestop for my wrangler and they are top shelf.

Video:
🎥: Bestop Fastback Soft Top Operation Demo | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pretty sure the waviness is intentional to allow for the windows to fold and the rear section to be pushed up. If the windows were stiff, that functionality wouldn’t work.

might not be the best looking, but has a purpose.
Big time wrong here. These are terribly ugly. The folks that bought them are caught up in the hype and afraid to admit their bad decision. I am not blaming them. They ordered them sight unseen. I am blaming Ford for an under engineered debacle. People this is not 1940. The Jeep has been around for decades and their top design is light years ahead of this. They look goofy up, the windows are hideous and the folded down baby buggy look is criminal. I am being nice here.

I am so glad not to have one of these and it reminds me of the VW Thing. Only the Thing tops looked better. Although the 4dr Bronco with the soft top has close resemblance. Yuck.

I don't care if my 2dr MIC top ends up with the "snap, crackle, pop" going down the highway- at least I won't be laughed at...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am unclear if the fastback top goes all the way down. The Esteban video does not show it. That would be a deal breaker. I guess we will have to wat until someone gets one.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't care if my 2dr MIC top ends up with the "snap, crackle, pop" going down the highway- at least I won't be laughed at...
Don’t kid yourself, people are always laughing at you.
I am unclear if the fastback top goes all the way down. The Esteban video does not show it. That would be a deal breaker. I guess we will have to wat until someone gets one.
It does not go all the way back.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure on the 4-dr. On the 2-dr, it does not.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it does not fold down, just has removable windows and sunrider function.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to restate my position in stocking the soft top side panels....Just looked them up in the parts cat and sides are $730.00/ea and the back is over $1,000. If the vinyl tears on mine, I'm going to go to a local trim shop and figure out how to put glass in.

Don't have interest in stocking these and will just order as needed. Woof!

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would like to restate my position in stocking the soft top side panels....Just looked them up in the parts cat and sides are $730.00/ea and the back is over $1,000. If the vinyl tears on mine, I'm going to go to a local trim shop and figure out how to put glass in.

Don't have interest in stocking these and will just order as needed. Woof!
SHEWWWWW that price is crazy talk! Anndddd it's back to me somehow making my own top I go!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What a mass mess of confusion in this thread. People, the rear windows are wavy not so that you can pull the top back, to do that you must remove those windows. They're wavy so that there's enough Flex to lift up the rear top. The best top doesn't work that way, and it doesn't even fold all the way back. It's looking at an entirely different set up. If you put solid windows in those rear sides, the first time you lifted up that rear, forgetting, you would hear snapping and crackling and go oh crap.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They “sag” to allow give for when you raise the rear for access. I am pleased with mine and don’t mind the “wavy” look. They are plastic, not glass.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs