Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yes i see that now. better than nothing.. everything i said still holds true however.

my biggest concern is the spring in the perch. at 8:29 you can clearly see as he uses the pry bar to rotate the strut body to line everything up, the spring doesn't move with it.

i believe the issue here is that the spacer used offsets the strut top bolts by maybe 30* or so. the only way to add the spacer and have everything line up would be to loosen the strut nut and install everything so it's lined back up. or a spacer that uses the same orientation as the original bolts.
I recorded a quick update video will try to get it posted here shortly, but you just have to twist the strut in the other direction and everything lines up with no issue, thanks for pointing out that when twisted away from perch it can come out of line, but as long as you turn it towards the perch everything twists and stays lined up.

I had two, that were out of alignment, the drivers front , and the passenger rear, which Initially turned away, the other two I initially turned in correct direction and were fine from the start.
Sponsored

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I recorded a quick update video will try to get it posted here shortly, but you just have to twist the strut in the other direction and everything lines up with no issue, thanks for pointing out that when twisted away from perch it can come out of line, but as long as you turn it towards the perch everything twists and stays lined up.

I had two, that were out of alignment, the drivers front , and the passenger rear, which Initially turned away, the other two I initially turned in correct direction and were fine from the start.
yep. Counter clockwise vs clockwise to line up the bolts.

I’m surprised you didn’t get any strange clunks when driving like that.

OP
OP
evilletruck

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wheels and tires finally came in.
17x9 Ion Alloy Style 171 0-offset
35x12.5 Venom Power Terra Hunter X/T ( Never run them before so not sure how I feel about them yet, so we shall see )

Ford Bronco DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco 2B06513E-0065-46BC-824C-0518DDA4FCCC_1_105_c
Ford Bronco DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco DC356C73-2C09-4DE7-8851-A276BEE9BDDB_1_105_c
Ford Bronco DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco 4E9ADE78-7B8E-40BE-A420-3BFB7CA75544_1_105_c

AEFCF303-49B0-4B03-8D2A-F23748398B43_1_105_c.jpeg

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door JL, a BMW Wagon and a bunch a motos
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The factory lower mount hardware is 14mm. They are also grade 10.9.

The front lower on this install is going to get loose pretty quickly AND the lower control arm holes will get ovalized...

OP - do yourself a favor and get M14 hardware.
Sponsored