Bronchiosaurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious how much room is behind the second row on 4 door. Ideally I’d like to fit a fridge going N-S and still have room for my dog back there. In the 2 door running footage they have a fridge going E-W back there, but it just takes the entire space.
I'm literally in the same boat, I want to do a drop-down fridge and a slide-out stovetop, then do a dog kennel on the other side.
Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm literally in the same boat, I want to do a drop-down fridge and a slide-out stovetop, then do a dog kennel on the other side.
The tailgate is just asking for a drop down table. I see this as a possible factory accessory. Then having room for a fridge would just make it that much better.

The only picture I can find of that area shows a Yeti 35 (I think) running E-W. But it seems like there’s probably more room behind it (toward the seats).

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw this picture last night. Looks like plenty of room to me.
I think the sliding table thing is creating a weird optical illusion in the picture I posted. Yours certainly makes it looks just as big as the Jeep, which I know will fit a fridge.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now that's something I haven't seen, however it seems you would have to relocate the rear tire on the swing gate.
That and you cant use an annex with it. But being able to drop it off would be pretty nice and still keep you out of the sand.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That being said, I don't know why FORD and other dealers mark up their accessories as much as they do when they know the aftermarket community will be much less, that paired with the fact that FORD has the means to mass produce them and cut cost, while still being American made.
so you can get it from ford performance, have it installed by the dealer, and still have warranty

OP
OP
Bronchiosaurus

Bronchiosaurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so you can get it from ford performance, have it installed by the dealer, and still have warranty
I'm aware of that, however most aftermarket companies out there are cheaper, same quality (if not better) and their warranty is usually just as good.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm very much on the fence between how I want to order our Bronco because part of me loves the 2 door fun toy but the other sides likes the idea of being able to load up the 4 door and drive across the country.
I think 2dr and 4dr will both be a fun toy. I love the look of the 2dr (true heritage styling) but need the extra room of the 4dr.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm aware of that, however most aftermarket companies out there are cheaper, same quality (if not better) and their warranty is usually just as good.
but if something breaks (that has even the tiniest relationship with the aftermarket you installed), the dealership will blame it on that and make you pay for the fix instead of the warranty covering it

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm personally leaning towards 2D Badsquatch and building a 4x6 off-road trailer to mount my RTT to. The Bronco, like the Jeeps, really should have the top braced for a RTT (110 dynamic/450 static isn't going to cut it). Since I work in manufacturing, I can get the materials for the trailer at cost and have already asked our best welder if he'll handle that work for me. Advantage there is being able to park the trailer when I'm not out in the boonies. Driving around with a RTT and a bunch of gear on a daily basis may look cool but it's hell on mileage and wear/tear.

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are some often forgotten items that you guys ensure you always bring for camping?

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the 2.3 or 2.7 engine better for overlanding?

Is an auto transmission better for overlanding as well?

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I intend to camp with mine frequently, but will need to pare down gear in the bronk. Somehow, we seem to fill my f150 screw for just a long weekend in the wilderness.

Having owned an RTT, would you go that route again?
Yes! Same. That was an exact conversation my wife and I had before pulling the trigger on my deposit. (I’m selling my F150 to put towards payoff) we discussed a few things we could easily downsize, the tent being the easiest as we currently use a 8-10 person tent for 3 people and a dog, and carrying options. The tow hitch haulers and roof racks being the main one. I start with a few totes and a cooler and by the time we leave I’m searching for a spare inch in the truck bed to stuff something. Lol

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs