First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to my dealer today and talked with him about roofs. I have a hardtop and I'm one of his top allocations. He wants my Bronco here as bad as I do. He gave me the pros and cons of switching (I have a vin but somehow can switch tops). It's better to wait for the hardtop now if you have a vin, if not switch to a soft top and get it sooner.
I seriously think I’ll end up switching to a soft-top by or before Wednesday…grab a hard-top a year or two later. The one worry I have is that say I choose a soft-top and get a VIN before the b&p for MY22 launches and there are new wheels, better colors or just more options I’ll be locked into my current build (which I love) but it’s getting so close to a “win/lose” window of MY21 time.
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco 8/9: Broncos ARE Scheduling This Week (For Now)! 1628547067985

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah that was the biggest pro for staying with the hardtop. Then it was wait time. He said there are plenty of aftermarket soft tops but not many hardtops. I decided to stick with my hardtop and wait...I did remove the paint protection just in case.
I have sent out inquiries to the jeep aftermarket top manufacturers as to plans for a hardtop for the bronco. so far two responded (hardtop depot and bulldawg ) they do not have plans yet, but said that could change rapidly. i liked the jeep 2 piece hardtop for the 4 dr wrangler, looked nice and had a lot of options, domelight, sliding glass windows, BLACK paint, etc. looks around $3k.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I seriously think I’ll end up switching to a soft-top by or before Wednesday…grab a hard-top a year or two later. The one worry I have is that say I choose a soft-top and get a VIN before the b&p for MY22 launches and there are new wheels, better colors or just more options I’ll be locked into my current build (which I love) but it’s getting so close to a “win/lose” window of MY21 time.
I know what you mean. If I get bumped one more time, I'm switching to soft top. I realize that I'm lucky to be so far up the list and people are wanting this hardtop BAD but I want my damn bronco. My dealer said when I get it, I could sell it for thousands to some of his other customers who are switching to soft tops.
I know people are saying once you get your VIN you are stuck but I've been able to change quite a bit. After I got my VIN I changed from a soft top to a hardtop (because of the free liner), body color from CG to Area 51, and vinyl seats to leather (because of the arm rest). I couldn't add the tow package though. That was about a month ago. Today I removed the paint protection.
So check with your dealer, even if you get a VIN. You still maybe able to change things or maybe I just have some glitch in mine.
Also, if you get any changes, get a printout of the new price and sign it. My dealer does that everytime a change is made to mine.

Sponsored

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have sent out inquiries to the jeep aftermarket top manufacturers as to plans for a hardtop for the bronco. so far two responded (hardtop depot and bulldawg ) they do not have plans yet, but said that could change rapidly. i liked the jeep 2 piece hardtop for the 4 dr wrangler, looked nice and had a lot of options, domelight, sliding glass windows, BLACK paint, etc. looks around $3k.
That's good to know. Thank you for sharing!

Stale Dorito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed! Mine was supposedly built on 8/05, but I haven’t gotten the official “built” email from Ford. Hoping the additional scheduling doesn’t negatively impact current “in production” Broncos.
I've got this same problem bc mine was supposed to be built 8/6, but i also dont have a confirmation email that its built. Anxiety levels rising!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I should be worried that I am already scheduled for 8/30 if they are only scheduling the one week.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I should be worried that I am already scheduled for 8/30 if they are only scheduling the one week.
I'm also 8/30 Badlands..... not getting my hopes up.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also 8/30 Badlands..... not getting my hopes up.
I was too... Badlands 2.7, mic... Was told today I had my 14th move to Sept 20. Which I also have zero faith in. Started out June 14th build date. It is what it is. If something else falls in my lap I may just buy that.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was too... Badlands 2.7, mic... Was told today I had my 14th move to Sept 20. Which I also have zero faith in. Started out June 14th build date. It is what it is. If something else falls in my lap I may just buy that.
14th move? Didn’t even know that was possible. I would be absolutely livid if they sent me 14 FU emails, has there even been 14 weeks since June 14?. I am already lived about having 3 different build dates over 2-3 months.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

14th move? Didn’t even know that was possible. I would be absolutely livid if they sent me 14 FU emails, has there even been 14 weeks since June 14?. I am already lived about having 3 different build dates over 2-3 months.
I'd type them all out like I did in another thread. But I don't wanna... Lol last week alone from Monday to Friday I went from week of Aug. 16th to day of Aug. 16th... So I thought I was safe.. ish. Then Thursday I went to day of Aug. 28th. Friday to week of Aug 30. Then Monday week of Sept 20th. That's four bumps in one week. I actually stopped counting after my week of July 5th went to day of July 8th... Then bumped up to day of July 6th.... Then bam. July 26th week. Even at that point @PREMiERdrum said I was "in great shape". I knew wasn't going to hold because of shut down that week.... So now we're here. Yaaaay. Now I have no faith I won't have a cancelled vin, lose my reservation slot and have to start over from scratch and wait till 2046.
Ford Bronco 8/9: Broncos ARE Scheduling This Week (For Now)! sha-definitely

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been bumped five times since I got my VIN, from June to end of September. Saw three Broncos today, all MIC tops, including 2 Door being delivered. Don’t know when those folks got their VINs, but sure hope that I don’t see more scheduling before my latest bump resulting in me getting bumped yet again. 🙄

BroncoWar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got this same problem bc mine was supposed to be built 8/6, but i also dont have a confirmation email that its built. Anxiety levels rising!
curious..what was your reservation date?