Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huge announcement today with Ford's deal with Intel.

Mike confirmed it on Twitter.

UPDATE/NOTE: Sorry if I might have jumped the gun with assumptions. I was/am super hopeful because this is a feature I'd truly like to have (along with the ability to turn it off too).

Sorry, all if I've misled you.

@BoostedBronco reached out to Mike via email asking if the 2021 Bronco will gets Hands free Active Drive Assist. His response just came in: "It will not."

Ford Bronco Bronco to get EyeQ4 to support Co-Pilot360 - No "Active Drive Assist" Screenshot_20200720-102202_Twitter

Ford press release:

FORD AND MOBILEYE EXPAND RELATIONSHIP TO OFFER BETTER CAMERA-BASED COLLISION AVOIDANCE IN GLOBAL VEHICLES
Jul 20, 2020 | DEARBORN, Mich.

Ford Bronco Bronco to get EyeQ4 to support Co-Pilot360 - No "Active Drive Assist" cq5dam.web.881.495

• Ford and Mobileye, an Intel company, are expanding their relationship to offer even better camera-based detection capabilities for driver-assist systems, including improved forward collision warning, vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist detection, plus lane-keeping features
  • Mobileye will provide its suite of EyeQ® sensing technology to support available Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology driver-assist features such as Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam headlamps, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering
  • Ford will display Mobileye’s name in vehicles through the inclusion of its logo in the automaker’s SYNC® driver-assist communication displays, making customers aware that some Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology features use sensing capabilities provided by Mobileye
DEARBORN, Mich., July 20, 2020 – Ford Motor Company and Mobileye, an Intel company, are collaborating on cutting-edge driver-assistance systems across Ford’s global product lineup.

“Providing people with extra confidence while driving is invaluable, and it’s exactly what our available Ford Co-Pilot360™ features are designed to do,” said Lisa Drake, chief operating officer, North America; vice president, Global Purchasing, Ford Motor Company. “By customizing Mobileye’s excellent software and sensing technology, Ford’s great driver-assist features will continue to evolve and provide customers with confidence on the road throughout the life of their vehicles.”

As chosen supplier of vision-sensing technology for Ford advanced driver-assistance systems, Mobileye will provide its EyeQ® family of devices, together with vision-processing software to support Level 1 and Level 2 driver-assistance systems in Ford vehicles globally.

Level 1 systems are defined by the Society of Automotive Engineers as automating a single part of the driving experience, such as steering or acceleration/deceleration, while Level 2 systems provide both steering and acceleration/braking support. Both require drivers to supervise performance of the vehicle.

Ford will bring Mobileye’s name front and center through the inclusion of its logo in the company’s SYNC® driver-assist displays. For the first time, customers will be made aware that Ford is building the power of some Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology features on top of the sensing capabilities provided by Mobileye.

“It is a privilege to extend and expand our long-standing collaboration with a company that is so committed to safety on behalf of its global customer base,” said Professor Amnon Shashua, president and CEO, Mobileye. “We look forward to working closely together to bring these functionalities to market in the full Ford product lineup.”

As part of the high-volume agreement, new production vehicles will use Mobileye’s EyeQ computer chips and software to support features under the Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology. Used to help precisely identify what the windshield camera in a vehicle can see – including lane markings, traffic signs, pedestrians and other vehicles – Mobileye’s technology will support features such as Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam headlamps, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking and Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control, as well as Active Drive Assist hands-free driving coming to the all-new Mustang Mach-E and all-new F-150.

Ford will take advantage of Mobileye’s technology throughout the life of its next-generation production vehicles, including F-150 and Mustang Mach-E, as well as future products that offer advanced driver-assistance systems features.

While Ford and Mobileye have worked together for years, this marks the first time Ford is committing to the company’s technology for the entire lifecycle of its next-generation vehicles. Both parties will work with designated Ford Tier 1 providers to supply the technology for vehicle integration.

Additionally, Ford is evaluating the use of Roadbook in its vehicles. Roadbook uses anonymized, crowd-sourced data from vehicle cameras to build a high-definition map that can be accessed by vehicles and leveraged by driver-assist technology, including hands-free driving features like available Active Drive Assist.

New production Ford vehicles will use Mobileye’s EyeQ3 and EyeQ4 for Level 1 and Level 2 advanced driver-assistance systems platforms. The EyeQ family is set apart from the competition by its ability to support complex and computationally intense vision processing while maintaining low power consumption even when located on the windshield of a vehicle. Building on the capabilities of its predecessors, EyeQ4 can process multiple sensors and other inputs required for driver-assist features.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wtf the last thing we need are people falling asleep in their 2+ ton high clearance SUVs on stilts.
I mean if you're gonna fall asleep at the wheel I'd rather it happen in a vehicle with some sort of auto-pilot than in one without.

Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt anyone interested in a manual transmission has even the slightest interest in a driver assist package. Speaking for myself at least.
Can confirm--not interested in the slightest. Similarly, I hate the adaptive cruise control in my Taco.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WHY do they keep putting FREAKING COMPUTERS in the GOSH DANG CARS?????????
We’ve been using them on airplanes just fine for decades .... there are big advantages on a fleet scale that humans left alone just can’t achieve.

If anything with an OBDII reader figuring out and fixing (modularity vs repair) is easier now than when everything was analog. Cheaper? Maybe/probably not ...

JK

:dropsmatchinthisnicebiggaspuddle ??

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet 80% (if not higher) would prefer NOT to have this.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WHY do they keep putting FREAKING COMPUTERS in the GOSH DANG CARS?????????
It's because drivers licences are being handed out to every person who knows what a car is. There's not education mandatory when it comes to driving and people in general are idiots.
The only thing I see that should be a standard thing is the auto emergency braking. Been rear ended twice from people not paying attention.

Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am happy to have the feature available. I think it will be good for long freeway drives. All other times I will just have it switched off (it is not always on, it's up to the driver).

I use lane keep assist on the freeway but I hate it in the city. The worse part when it is on is it forces me to use my turn signals to lane change. ;)

OP
OP
dpav02

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP here....

I personally WANT this feature. I'm in my 30s and a lot of my peers want these features too.

The younger people, even more.

"Computers" have been running various things in your vehicles for years though...

Traction control, stability control, ABS, etc. Its all done with sensors and programming. Aka "computers".

So I for one am super stoked to have this feature! I can't wait!

Raziel66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm intrigued! The smart cruise control stuff that's in the config tool for the Sport model is definitely of interest to me if it's on the big Bronco. My plan right now is to pick this up and then go on a big roadtrip around the US (working remote) and these features would be great for long stretches of highway.
Sponsored