gdp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Putting an electrical device in an enclosed space with gas fumes. What could possibly go wrong?:oops:
Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't think the keypads are intrinsically safe...may want to think through potential for spark while fueling vehicle. I am in the energy biz and we spend a lot of time with class 1 div 1 or intrinsically safe devices in flammable areas. Someone on here has an engineering background and should be able to chime in...

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know a few people have said that the fuel door doesn't lock when the car is locked is this confirmed?
I can't even scrub the side of my civic when washing it without the fuel door popping open if the car is unlocked, this would be a PITA on an off road vehicle especially with the cap less system.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fuel door, the filler surround, and the gas cap are all plastic. Not sure how this is any different.
Agreed. Plus it's a sealed fuel system. Hilarious.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

….but why? I use mine all the time on my F150. It’s about convenience…accessible. If I had to go to the fuel filler door then it would be much easier to just pull my key out of my pocket.
Because the picture of this on the bronco door is ugly af

Sponsored

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silly question... it just sticks on... but needs power... without being wired... how does it stay powered and if battery operated how often does the battery need to be replaced?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Months ago this was shot down when somebody took measurements that showed it wouldn't fit. Great news that it turned out to not be the case.
Imagine my disappointment when I learned that Sasquatch tires were only 32”? 😂

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have my phone on me 99% of the time so FordPass works well. The other 1% would be if I am in water, but again my phone is usually near by plus its waterproof anyways.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I ordered the keypad with my bronco order, will it come unattached?

Sponsored

65FB

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a F150 with this feature and I use it daily. IMO keypad needs to be at the drivers door if you plan on using regularly.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is pretty awesome. But it also reminds me of "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.11.26 AM

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.11.35 AM

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.11.43 AM

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.12.06 AM

cwkd9

Outer Banks
First Name
CWK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 mustang , 2020 Indian Scout, 2016 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.12.06 AM

Ever since I seen this image I have been wondering if this would work on the Bronco with the new keypad. in case anyone else was wondering I took matters in my own hands. Shout out to the service department for letting me borrow one for my experiment.

It seems like it will work, what do you guys think?
Any idea how hard it would be to remove from the dealer pre installed? I’ll assume it goes on with 3M. Is it a multi piece unit that snaps together so batteries can be replaced?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the keypads are intrinsically safe...may want to think through potential for spark while fueling vehicle. I am in the energy biz and we spend a lot of time with class 1 div 1 or intrinsically safe devices in flammable areas. Someone on here has an engineering background and should be able to chime in...
If a keypad inside this flap is able to ignite a perfect air/fuel mixture and explode/melt a bronco, I'll eat my hat.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn’t worry. Vehicles have entire systems designed to capture gas fumes and prevent them from escaping the filler pipe.

Additionally the key pad should be constructed out of plastic designed to hold up to road grime… oils, tars, gas, and other harsh chemicals.
Thanks Zach. I will definitely explore this location option for the keypad.
Sponsored