Sponsored

First Edition Triangular Badge Part Number?

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know if you can order a new badge for the First Edition? I'm having a full wrap done on the Bronco, but the shop wants to remove the badge to get underneath and protect the full panel. If they remove it, I want to have a replacement ready to go.

If you work at a dealer or happen to know the part number, please let me know. Thank you!

Update: Just got word from my dealer that the FE Badge "part" IS available for order by dealers. It's $58.85 per badge, and ships from Detroit (4-5 days to California, for reference).
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty sure those are hand made out of the finest materials found on this planet. Everyone individually serialized.

@flip probably has less of a smart-ass response though and may be able to assist.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Reapply original badge with 3M automotive tape?

OP
OP
fronc

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The problem as I understand it is that to remove it may warp it or damage it. It's pretty thin, so I think their fear is that if they damage it accidentally there may not be an available badge to replace it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They seem to come off pretty cleanly; some folks have even re-applied them to mugs, iPads, etc. after they took them off. That being said, 3M tape will not work; too bulky. Some form of glue would work, but I’m not sure what would be recommended - And that’s if the badge comes off smooth.

Why not get the wrap done with the badge digitally added?

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got it just being prepared...maybe @flip can get you the part number?

I imagine your wrap guys are really good at debadging...hopefully some fishing line will pull it right off. I thought I saw a couple threads where guys removed them already and had no issues. But I do appreciate you hoping for the best and preparing for the worst!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh boy. Looks like they just flagged the "Preferred Series" badge as NR (Not Replaced). I would be very careful about taking them off since it doesn't like they are going to service these.

Ford Bronco First Edition Triangular Badge Part Number? 1628703113987

OP
OP
fronc

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They seem to come off pretty cleanly; some folks have even re-applied them to mugs, iPads, etc. after they took them off. That being said, 3M tape will not work; too bulky. Some form of glue would work, but I’m not sure what would be recommended - And that’s if the badge comes off smooth.

That would be a possible workaround, but I'm having a matte PPF film installed, not just a vinyl. I could overlay a thin graphic straight to the PPF but the idea was to reapply the raised badge, and have a black matte/gloss decal applied over it to "black out" the raised badge. I'd like to order the badges to do this the ideal way, rather than compromise right now.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be a possible workaround, but I'm having a matte PPF film installed, not just a vinyl. I could overlay a thin graphic straight to the PPF but the idea was to reapply the raised badge, and have a black matte/gloss decal applied over it to "black out" the raised badge. I'd like to order the badges to do this the ideal way, rather than compromise right now.
My apologies; I clearly have selective reading lol.

A good wrap company can re-create that badging; they do this stuff for a living and are pros. Likely they could make you another one with the pictures and such on the internet. I would inquire with them on that as an option/Plan B.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See if they can reapply it, if not then get some Velcro tape and make it a badge to stick on the roof of the hardtop lol

Sponsored

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do share pics of your wrapped rig when completed!

OP
OP
fronc

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A good wrap company can re-create that badging; they do this stuff for a living and are pros. Likely they could make you another one with the pictures and such on the internet. I would inquire with them on that as an option/Plan B.
It's not so much that they couldn't recreate an equivalent. It's just that this is a FE, a limited edition item, and I (and the shop) have a weird feeling removing something denoting the limited edition without the OEM replacement available. I know... I'm still modifying it and what not... but I'm keeping all the original parts to make sure if I ever do resell it (probably won't), I'll be able to provide the full "limited edition" package with all OEM parts. I'm probably being unnecessarily neurotic, but I'd like to at least have an answer if the part is, or ever will be, orderable, before making a choice on how to proceed.

Do share pics of your wrapped rig when completed!
I absolutely will. But I'll be posting them first to http://instagram.com/froncobronco :)

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting...they make some pretty thin tape. I have not seen any stand alone glue / liquid adhesive...hmm.

3M tape

This stuff might work considering how light the badges are...10 mil converts to .01" that is pretty thin.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if you can order a new badge for the First Edition? I'm having a full wrap done on the Bronco, but the shop wants to remove the badge to get underneath and protect the full panel. If they remove it, I want to have a replacement ready to go.

If you work at a dealer or happen to know the part number, please let me know. Thank you!
You shouldn’t need a replacement there held on with 3m double sided tape I beleave I could be wrong though could just retape the back

OP
OP
fronc

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting...they make some pretty thin tape. I have not seen any stand alone glue / liquid adhesive...hmm.

3M tape

This stuff might work considering how light the badges are...10 mil converts to .01" that is pretty thin.
Yeah, it's not a matter of sticking it on that we're concerned with. It's a matter of removing it undamaged. It's highly likely they can, they just don't want to try without knowing if a replacement can be ordered.
Sponsored