Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As long as the keypad doesnt have a lithium battery.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Surprised they don’t make the battery replaceable, even if you needed to unscrew something to get to it. Maybe I’m just using too much common sense, who knows.
Pre-TSB the batteries were not replaceable. Post TSB they were, but they had a voltage draw issue, thus the three batteries in a month.

Then the SSM to correct the voltage draw.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
… Post TSB they were, but they had a voltage draw issue, thus the three batteries in a month.

Then the SSM to correct the voltage draw.
Current draw issue, to be technically correct.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for those concerned, I have had my key pad installed on the inside of the fuel door of my 2003 ranger for close to 10 years with no issues. The unit is still on the original battery also.
OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY?

DO YOU NEED ME TO CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT?!

Sponsored

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isn't this kind of pointless since most cars have the fobs now? And you can't start or open the car without the fob anyway.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the keypad actually mount? Is it wireless?
It mounts with 3M tape. Get it from the factory and use either fishing line or dental floss to remove it and mount to somewhere else. It's battery powered cr 2032. Not my picture and I have no clue as to why all the paper clips. 😂

Like @Rick Astley said they had/have a bad batch of these. Some have been lucky to get the newest ones and have been working great while others are dying within a week. The way things are going with the Bronco I wouldn't put much faith in getting a good batch.

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door Remote Keypad

Isn't this kind of pointless since most cars have the fobs now? And you can't start or open the car without the fob anyway.
You can lock the fob inside and use the keypad to get in. Also the app is dependent on having a good cell signal which isn't always the case when you're hiking or camping in remote areas.

If you have a hitch some are using these.

https://www.amazon.com/HitchSafe-HS...ler+hitch+receiver+safe&qid=1628704178&sr=8-3

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door Hitch Safe

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish that I could, but this is the dealership mannequin. I figured that it should be good because everything else in there is plastic and I believe that the tank is sealed. @AzScorpion did you have any problems with the plastic from the gas fumes?
Edit your original post to give credit where credit is due... but if you already saw his pic then why steal his thunder and create your own post with the same thing? Not unless you've done the work which sounds like you haven't cause you stuck in time out like the rest of us lol.... anyway,,, maybe remove this post since it's not original content🤔

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has be discussed heavily, but basically some people see the keypad as useless, others see it as necessary.

Basically there are two use cases that make a lot of sense:

1. Normally you can't lock the fob in the vehicle... so you know, you don't lock your fob in the vehicle. The down side is if you are going for a swim, or hike or something, you have to run the risk of dropping your fob to the bottom of the lake. Using the keypad you can lock the fob in the vehicle and when you come back, just unlock with the keypad and be on your way. (If you lock with the pad, but then don't unlock with the pad, the fobs remain deactivated so someone still can't smash a window start the vehicle.)

2. If you don't have your fob on you, because you forgot it inside, or you want your loved one to be able to grab something while you're at work, you can just punch to code in to gain access. Nothing worse than going all the way down to your car only to realize it's locked and your fob is back in the building.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I had to choose between the fob and the keypad, I’d take the keypad.

Also, read the agreement when you sign up for the Ford Pass - you are giving them permission to track everything that can be recorded in your vehicle, including your location and your driving habits. No thanks.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just keep it inside your car so it would be away from the elements and to keep from the degradation of plastic.

*joke

OP
OP
Machine Gun Fury

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Edit your original post to give credit where credit is due... but if you already saw his pic then why steal his thunder and create your own post with the same thing? Not unless you've done the work which sounds like you haven't cause you stuck in time out like the rest of us lol.... anyway,,, maybe remove this post since it's not original content🤔
I will edit my original post as no one reads any other posts after the first one, as I did give him credit after I found out who's picture it was. His picture is from a Ranger, my pictures are from a Bronco. There was a post months ago stating that this couldn't be done on a Bronco. Hence why I put photos so everyone can see that it fits. The original content is the picture of the keyless entry on the Bronco.

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door eyeroll

Your scenarios seems to require the Bronco to be driving in reverse. Otherwise, the fuel door would just close on impact or be unaffected by the pump hose. :LOL:
Or maybe your driving forward with this wing extended and you get sideswiped and rip it off... maybe a nearsighted seagull flying faster than you're driving crashes in to it and breaks it off... maybe just maybe 😂😂😂
Sponsored