Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given the upcoming announcement that we're al waiting for, that we all assume is a stop on all new hardtop vehicles being produced in MY21 (except for First Editions, per Mike Levine tweet), we built but stuck crew should breathe a little sigh of relief...maybe?

Four door MICs are likely to get a soft top and sent on their way. Two-doors...well, I saw a Mike Levine tweet saying there was no plan for a two-door soft top solution, but that tweet is now gone. SO either our 2drs will sit on a lot in Michigan until the finally make a top that will work for us, or...???

Who even knows. But we have 90% of a truck built.
Sponsored

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Given the upcoming announcement that we're al waiting for, that we all assume is a stop on all new hardtop vehicles being produced in MY21 (except for First Editions, per Mike Levine tweet), we built but stuck crew should breathe a little sigh of relief...maybe?

Four door MICs are likely to get a soft top and sent on their way. Two-doors...well, I saw a Mike Levine tweet saying there was no plan for a two-door soft top solution, but that tweet is now gone. SO either our 2drs will sit on a lot in Michigan until the finally make a top that will work for us, or...???

Yeah, im wondering where this leaves us? Mine was started on Monday (blends was 8/6) modules popped Monday well. I have a soft top so im hoping I slipped in just under the window.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's still there:

I think mostly likely outcome is that we get scraps from FE. If the number of 12k more tops is true, then that could theoretically be enough to cover all FEs and current builds. Otherwise I guess we hope that we got the good roofs? Seems like some are sneaking through.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer said Monday my build was done on 8/5 as stated but it was waiting for 1 additional step. Guessing it was a MIC hold. I wish they would just send them out and figure out a solution for a replacement top later. Also, I’m so surprised a 4 door soft top was easier to figure out and build than a 2 door.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, im wondering where this leaves us? Mine was started on Monday (blends was 8/6) modules popped Monday well. I have a soft top so im hoping I slipped in just under the window.
Hey, I also had a build date of 8/6 and my dealer said it’s been built, yay! I’m in Nor Cal and I see you’re down south, have you received any rail news yet? We best coasters need to stick together. 😂

Sponsored

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, I also had a build date of 8/6 and my dealer said it’s been built, yay! I’m in Nor Cal and I see you’re down south, have you received any rail news yet? We best coasters need to stick together. 😂
Nah no rails news that I can tell. I'm actually in NJ with family at the moment. But I plan on picking it up here and driving back to LA. Just came over to be closer to them for a bit since I had not seen them since before Covid.

That being said, maybe I should email my dealer and see if they can see any movement on their end.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nah no rails news that I can tell. I'm actually in NJ with family at the moment. But I plan on picking it up here and driving back to LA. Just came over to be closer to them for a bit since I had not seen them since before Covid.

That being said, maybe I should email my dealer and see if they can see any movement on their end.
awww, so you are picking it up locally, nice. No rail for you, and I'm sure you will post on here once she's yours! We haven't seen one of our daughters in nearly two years, she lives in England. One of the others was living in our pool house and we didn't go near one another for nearly a year as we both work in healthcare, its been brutal. Stay safe out there, enjoy your family, and happy travels!

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
awww, so you are picking it up locally, nice. No rail for you, and I'm sure you will post on here once she's yours! We haven't seen one of our daughters in nearly two years, she lives in England. One of the others was living in our pool house and we didn't go near one another for nearly a year as we both work in healthcare, its been brutal. Stay safe out there, enjoy your family, and happy travels!
I wish! but it says rails on my window sticker, hopefully the turn around time is quick.

DAMN! I hope you guys are reunited soon and I wish nothing but the best for y'all! Be safe and remain healthy!

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

CONFIRMED: Soft-tops that are already built (even if they show “in production”) are still on track to be delivered. They will not be affected by the upcoming announcement.

I had this confirmed by someone at Ford, who is very knowledgeable about the Bronco situation. I can’t provide receipts, due to my source wanting to stay anonymous. So you’re just gonna have to trust me based on my previous track record.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So this storm literally woke me up at 5AM just now, in addition to the line that came through about 12 hours ago.

Sorry Bad Batchers, I think our Broncos were built at the worst possible time 😭

Ford Bronco 🛠 8/2/21 build Week Thread Screenshot_20210812-051445

Sponsored

Miamibronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Idk why they can’t replace us 2 door MIC’s with the fastback softtop from bestop lol

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CONFIRMED: Soft-tops that are already built (even if they show “in production”) are still on track to be delivered. They will not be affected by the upcoming announcement.

I had this confirmed by someone at Ford, who is very knowledgeable about the Bronco situation. I can’t provide receipts, due to my source wanting to stay anonymous. So you’re just gonna have to trust me based on my previous track record.
What does your source say about already built 2drs?

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i got my built email early this morning but so far none of the websites have updated to reflect this yet.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i got my built email early this morning but so far none of the websites have updated to reflect this yet.
Sweet! What was your blend date and official build date?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So this storm literally woke me up at 5AM just now, in addition to the line that came through about 12 hours ago.

Sorry Bad Batchers, I think our Broncos were built at the worst possible time 😭

Ford Bronco 🛠 8/2/21 build Week Thread Screenshot_20210812-051445
What could possibly go wrong???
Sponsored