Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How many Broncos can Ford produce for one model year?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am probably cancelling 2 orders because of the Manual only offered with the 4 cylinder. SUCKS I really like the looks of this
It is true some statements coming from Ford leadership regarding our ability to fully customize our Bronco are disappointing, but remember we are in the early stage of this journey. It is hard for me to identify what is drama versus what is reality. Ford may decide to allow a manual transmission with the 2.7 later this fall.

I believe the concept of specific models and a reservation process were designed to arrive at some metrics to judge what volume of component parts will be needed to facilitate a reasonable build cycle. If they are crushed with demand, the ability to “swap out” component parts may be limited by both cost and delayed delivery. It is way too early in this journey to know.

In an effort to reduce the risk of disappointment with both cost and/or delivery date, it may be wise to focus on a model which delivers your most important functions.

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Article from Detroit News about early surge in reservations Pretty cool and happy to see numbers crush expectations!

Ford executives, dealers report big early demand for 2021 Bronco

July 17, 2020

Dearborn — Ford Motor Co. was confident the 2021 Bronco would be a hit.

But within just a few days of the debut of the all-new off-road SUV, which is mounting a comeback 24 years after Ford discontinued it, Ford executives and franchise dealers say demand has been "overwhelming."

Although the automaker won't say how many $100 deposits it's received since the Monday night debut of the new family of vehicles that includes Sport, two-door and four-door models.

The reservation page crashed soon after the 8 p.m. debut because so many people were attempting to log on at once, Ford says. A First Edition model with a limited run of 3,500 was spoken for by the end of the night.

One Phoenix-area dealer said he had more than 500 deposits by Friday morning.

"I was super-optimistic about the product," Mark LaNeve, vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service for the Blue Oval, told The Detroit News on Friday. "But the number (of reservations) that I had in my mind that we would get in the first two weeks, we have completely blown away in four days."

Industry analysts, however, say that while advance reservations are a good gauge of demand for a new product, only time will tell how successful the Bronco will be — and, with a lot riding on the launch, it's imperative it goes off without a hitch.

Bronco vs. Jeep

Ford officials, dealership owners and fans say it's the right time for the Bronco's return, as the market for off-road SUVs grows and many Americans turn to outdoor adventures during the coronavirus pandemic.

The resurrected Bronco also taps into nostalgia many feel for the SUV that originally had run from 1966 through 1996. And, dealers agreed, the Ford design team hit the nail on the head: Yes, the Bronco comes equipped with the latest technology, but, most importantly, it looks like the original 1966 version.

Experts say there is plenty of room in the off-road segment — for years dominated by the Jeep Wrangler — for a new vehicle, especially as Americans continue to favor SUVs over sedans.

It's no secret that Ford is attempting to go head-to-head with Jeep by reintroducing the Bronco, but LaNeve said he sees the two customer bases as somewhat distinct. Winning over Jeep customers is "not necessarily our ambition," he said. "We think there's enough market out there."

Ford executives and dealers described Bronco as hitting a certain sweet spot the original Bronco was known for: It has off-road capability, but many will simply drive it to the supermarket.

Ivan Drury, senior manager of insights for auto information website Edmunds.com, however, says most anyone who is shopping for an off-road vehicle is going to look at both Jeep and Bronco: "There is more overlap than there is the opposite."

Early enthusiasm
San Tan Ford is the Arizona dealership that says it had 500-plus reservations by Friday. Owner Tim Hovik had hoped to hit 100.

"This is beyond my wildest expectation," said Hovik, who is vice chairman of Ford's national dealer council and has been in the auto industry for 29 years.

The hype leading up to the return of the Bronco lasted so long that Hovik wasn't sure the actual rollout Monday would keep people's attention.

"It was probably the longest lead-up to a reveal in automotive history," he said. "So when we hit the 'reveal' button and we pushed 'go,' to have this level of enthusiasm, that to me has been a big part of this story."

Nearly 2,000 miles across the country, Rhett Ricart, president of Ricart Automotive Group outside Columbus, Ohio, says his dealership so far has taken about 100 reservations.

"It blew right past the Mach-E, and the Mach-E was unbelievable," Ricart said of Ford's upcoming electric SUV. "(Ford) hit every button on this one. I wish I had it right now, as a dealer."

Ricart, an enthusiast who owns a 1977 Bronco, was impressed by the range of tools on the new Bronco that he likens to a Swiss Army knife.

Doug North, president of North Brothers Ford in Westland, said his dealership has about 50 reservations — "huge," he says, compared to the 15 or 20 they got for the Mach-E. He reserved two of the "Wildtrak" trim levels (Ford offers six) for himself and his wife.

But only time will tell if the Bronco is a true success, says Edmunds' Drury. The buzz around the launch puts extra pressure on Ford to get it right, especially on the heels of a botched Explorer launch in 2019: "It cannot go poorly."

And the true measures of success won't be known for years. It's one thing for hardcore fans to rush to put down a deposit; the real test, he said, will be: "Does it have staying power?"

Eric Wilkinson, 33, of Howell falls into the hardcore fan category. He was on Ford's website at 8:01 p.m. Monday making a reservation for a four-door Bronco, and he managed to snag one of the First Edition models.

He and his wife are classic-car enthusiasts who own vintage Broncos and Mustangs. And, as a sales manager at Hines Park Ford in New Hudson, Wilkinson gets to be part of the excitement as both a salesman and customer. His dealership had gotten about 160 reservations by Friday, he said.

Now, with production not starting for months: "I've got to sit and wait with bated breath, not only to sell them, but to get my own."
The local dealer I picked here in California to take delivery said they have over 330 reservations as of last week.

Sponsored

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Might go with a Rubicon now since I cannot get a manual bronco. I going to have to think about it I been waiting for bronco to come out to replace my wrangler, But no stick to me is a no deal ???

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they are shooting for rubicon with the badlands how do they not offer a 6 cylinder manual like Jeep.. Blows my mind. I know I am in the minority of loving sticks but to me they are so much more fun to drive.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let's see how many reservations stick after the dealers start playing the dealer markup game. The dealer that has my reservation send me this crap.

"Anything that is limited edition we mark up $10,000 over MSRP. Across the board on every Ford we sell we ask $2,000 over MSRP.

Happy Hunting.

Jorge Sanchez
Sales Consultant
Bob Wondries Ford
400 S Atlantic Blvd Alhambra Ca 91801
(626)289-3591 Office"

Not exactly a warm welcoming feeling. To me that reads, "now that we have your reservation we know you are stuck with us and plan to exploit that as much as possible". It seems that the salespeople are drunk with the influx of demand. Ford needs to be careful that this doesn't blow up in the face.

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's see how many reservations stick after the dealers start playing the dealer markup game. The dealer that has my reservation send me this crap.

"Anything that is limited edition we mark up $10,000 over MSRP. Across the board on every Ford we sell we ask $2,000 over MSRP.

Happy Hunting.

Jorge Sanchez
Sales Consultant
Bob Wondries Ford
(626)289-3591 Office"

Not exactly a warm welcoming feeling. To me that reads, "now that we have your reservation we know you are stuck with us and plan to exploit that as much as possible". It seems that the salespeople are drunk with the influx of demand. Ford needs to be careful that this doesn't blow up in the face.
Definitely go somewhere else. The dealer I spoke with in NC told me they wouldn't be marking it up since it is a standard vehicle reservation when I called this morning. I pushed for more of a guarantee and she said she'll speak with her GM after lunch and call me back to confirm. Make these dealers compete for your business, no way I'm paying an extra $2000 when I can drive an hour to 6 other dealers.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are shooting for rubicon with the badlands how do they not offer a 6 cylinder manual like Jeep.. Blows my mind. I know I am in the minority of loving sticks but to me they are so much more fun to drive.
The 4 cylinder turbo is more powerful than the Jeep V6.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely go somewhere else. The dealer I spoke with in NC told me they wouldn't be marking it up since it is a standard vehicle reservation when I called this morning. I pushed for more of a guarantee and she said she'll speak with her GM after lunch and call me back to confirm. Make these dealers compete for your business, no way I'm paying an extra $2000 when I can drive an hour to 6 other dealers.
How do I move a reservation?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate gambling, but I am betting it is over 100k

If the dealers in that article are telling the truth (500 and 120+ reservations) at one dealer... x 3000 dealers..

It is huge.. I can't imagine that the average dealer is at 20-40 reservations
We have 35 ish reservations at a semi large dealer in Atlanta Ga. So a major market. just for your info.

TheRustyWrencher

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Excursion, 1929 A model roadster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Happy Hunting.

Jorge Sanchez
Sales Consultant
Bob Wondries Ford
(626)289-3591 Office"

Use the x plan. It has to be within 1% of mart I hear.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So 20-30 per a dealer is reasonable? That is 90k alone..
Yea which is insane. We shall see what the actual order % is. We have 3 Bronco Sport orders and when posed to actually place the order got some kickback from the customers.
Sponsored