Sponsored

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.
Damn! Killing me smalls!
My contact had FE’s continuing to be built with current stock! The way you’re laying it down is that won’t be happening and they’ll be getting another unproven/prototype top??
You can’t make this stuff up 😩
Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Such a waste. I'd even pay a discounted price! Have it painted!!!
Paint isn’t going to help. Regardless of Ford’s attempt to classify this as a cosmetic/appearance issue, it is a design/manufacturing issue that affects the structural integrity of the roof. Look at pictures of the delamination.

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like I am switching to a soft top.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Stay Pumped".....

Sponsored

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy cow. So built Broncos are at the back of the line? Update by October? Might not see those delivered until next year. I would be pissed.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.
So any word on whether or not they are going to give us any incentives to take possession of our 21's in 2022?! Cause those of us with vins, lots since June that have been pushed back... Over and over won't be getting any news until October.... And even if all goes well I don't see there being any chance we get our Broncos in 2021. There's not enough time left in the year to make good on that.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Very true. Luckily, I made the switch to soft top over a month ago. Got the Dora and everything.
Its obvious this was going to happen. When they extended the time to switch to soft by a week. They would of had a lot more takers if they would of been upfront on how bad they fucked up.

Sponsored

ProudestMonkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took the soft top bait too, back in July when the window was opened to be eligible for September scheduling. It's good to hear that soft top production is unaffected, but also wondering how the inevitable influx of soft top orders will be managed. Too bad Ford didn't address that in the FAQ: I'm sure lots fo folks would like to know when they would become eligible for scheduling if they switch now.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn, hard to believe how many whiny ass responses there are. Yeah, go ahead and bitch me out. They have close to 200k orders and have only been building them since June. We've been in a pandemic with parts and transport issues in every industry. Ford has discovered a major production/quality problem on a brand new platform and they are figuring it out the best they can. Yet some of you are acting like entitled children. Guess the proverbial glass is always half empty for you, not half full. I'm from a different generation and really surprised by all of the negative whining. Please, go buy a Jeep or something so you can be at peace with yourself and the rest of us will get our Broncos sooner. 😁 😁
Interesting take.

Let's see how the stock holders feel by tomorrow

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced R (4)

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

memo already get scrubbed down the memory hole?

ETA: nvm, updated by Admin

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.
Ross.... 1st off... I'm really not trying to be a dick here... and I know you don't work for Ford... but with that out of the way...

That line above is what I've been saying for awhile now... Design was flawed? Well Ford should've known this 2 years ago.... at the very least 1 year ago! That's pathetic that here we are, 13+ months after reservations opened up, 2+ weeks after we got an email from Ford, telling us to stay pumped because Bronco is being built and delivered. Also throw in some of your posts about how "full production" begins August 1.

So why does it feel like this

every time we're about to get new information?