Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well at least us old "In production" people have an answer. Now to start planning for the future.
Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Actually a little better than I expected, but no surprises here.

@PREMiERdrum Still working my way through the thread, but can you offer any more details about how exactly they are altering the design of the MIC top?

Any discussion if altering the design will require new safety testing?
The design will look very much the same (and be the same color, to those of you asking). Main points to address in the update:

- Rolled /finished edges where there were formerly raw cuts.
- Thicker, more uniform outer layer of material.
- Improved injection process to fix forming issues in the clamshell.

Also, I've seen several people asking why they can't just get their truck now with a bad roof and replace it later. Two huge problems will prevent that from happening:
- Ford doesn't want any more "bad" units running around beyond the few hundred already out there.
- They want no part of shipping any more of these things than they already have to. Freight is going be enormous on them and there is a substantial risk of damage while shipping. I doubt they have a packaging and logistics plan for them but I can imagine it's going to be incredibly costly.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting the date on the awareness communication letter says July 21. I wonder if that is because this letter applies only to Broncos that were shipped. Does that mean Ford stopped shipping any hard top Broncos made after 7/21? My build date was 7/22. Missed it by that much (if I'm right). I'm just speculating...

1628774645116.png
Mine was built on 7/20 and no shipping here. If you look on the 7/19 build thread and earlier build date threads you will see a bunch of us that have been built, but not shipped. My guess is that they made their final decision on how to go forward on July 21st, but already knew well before that date that the bad batch Broncos built, but not yet not yet shipped would not go out.

TroutBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Us Dirt Mountain MICs will be updated VIA EMAIL by October?! 😩

Note: "updated on your vehicle" does not nearly mean "take delivery" by October...

Screenshot_20210812-082334_Chrome.jpg

1CZX.gif
Seems current Dirt Mountain (first edition Dirt Mountain we can call it) by September and Future Dirt Mountain by October. Wonder if the email will say "Stay Pumped"?

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well thanks for the info.....

Can someone please tell me why @Ford Motor Company INSISTS on using the line "your reservation timestamp will remain with your order......"? Like who gives a shit? We've already seen that time stamps mean VERY LITTLE if nothing at all in the disaster of a launch! Stop blowing smoke up our ass, stop sending out crap (yes crap) that you think is keeping the hype going. Because it's just adding to the aggravation we already have! Man up and just give it to us straight for once!
I tell ya what if ford sends me a bronco hammock to chill out while I wait id be a happy camper!

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has to be giving Ford executives terrible heartburn. Ford has too much invested in Bronco as a brand now to pull the plug but I bet it's been whispered about. Bronco has to be incinerating some serious capital at this point.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I anticipated a 2022 MY anyway with my options and 7/14 res. I just want to know my color and interior choices.

To anyone with theirs stuck on the lot, we've gotten a LOT of rain in Michigan the last few days, inspect thoroughly when you receive it for mold and mildew.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brain was racing last night thinking about other options and vehicles.... I am happy Ford released this information sooner rather then later and now I can adjust my order!

I will contact my dealer and have them remove the MIC, towing and add soft top. Next summer in Vegas could really suck with the soft top but my Bronco wont be my daily driver so it will be okay.

Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure, it's mid August... summer is not even over and we might see Broncos in March... or worse, next June. It's all over but the swag now...
Oh, I can just see it now... Come October, Ford fires off email stating, because of quality and production issues, new-design MIC hardtops won't be available until first quarter 2022.
If there is one thing that Ford has be reliable with, it's delaying everything.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Good news the Ford Corporate summer interns forgot to include is there are 18,000 dealer stock soft top 4D base/bb’s incoming for you to purchase 😁

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damnit, they still need to offer an option to those of us who have been in VIN/build date limbo. Bad batch will get their Broncos ASAP. FEs are covered. Unscheduled can switch to soft top. Those of us with a VIN and a build date (that keeps moving) can't change anything, and will just have to hear more in October. That's crap.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of people are assuming this means a new supplier, but I don't have any confirmation of that. From what I can tell, this new tooling for the MIC hardtops is being designed and paid for by Ford and will be installed at the Plymouth plant for Webasto to produce.

The MOD tops coming in 23 are from a new supplier that has yet to be publicly identified.
Sponsored