First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Skip to the 39 minute mark of these guys putting the pre order numbers together and they came up with 200k orders conservative and this was on the 16th.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Then thereā€™s an unknown number of people like myself that are ā€˜Veryā€™ interested in this vehicle but didnā€™t put in a reservation. I can wait to see how it all shakes out. For the amount of money Iā€™m spending, I wonā€™t do it without seeing one in real and comparing motors, options etc.

So even if the take rate is only 30% of the reservations, how big is the pool of non reservations?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are shooting for rubicon with the badlands how do they not offer a 6 cylinder manual like Jeep.. Blows my mind. I know I am in the minority of loving sticks but to me they are so much more fun to drive.
I don't think you are in the minority for liking sticks, at least on this forum, but I do think you are in the minority for thinking Jeeps current offering is more compelling than Bronco's.

I am not happy that I cant get every waking option with the manual, but Hell will freeze over before I choose Jeep over the Bronco because of the pentastar V6 :LOL:

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do I move a reservation?

**EDIT** User Spooled says below Ford is working on a way to change it, so what I say below looks like it may be wrong. Leaving it for reference, though.

I'm not 100% positive but my understanding is you can't move it, you would have to cancel and place another with another dealer (after calling to confirm if they're doing markups, etc). I know it's a huge pain...Ford's website under reservation FAQs was pretty clear about the reservation being you buying a vehicle from the dealer, not from Ford, so it makes sense you'd have to can the whole thing and start again somewhere else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not 100% positive but my understanding is you can't move it, you would have to cancel and place another with another dealer (after calling to confirm if they're doing markups, etc). I know it's a huge pain...Ford's website under reservation FAQs was pretty clear about the reservation being you buying a vehicle from the dealer, not from Ford, so it makes sense you'd have to can the whole thing and start again somewhere else.
A Ford rep has confirmed you will be able move it and they are currently working on a process to do that.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might go with a Rubicon now since I cannot get a manual bronco. I going to have to think about it I been waiting for bronco to come out to replace my wrangler, But no stick to me is a no deal ???
You can get a manual Bronco though.

I think you mean, "I can't get a manual Bronco with some of the options that I want." Which, fair enough then. Your life, your money!

I promise you though, Ford will have enough sales that it won't bother them to lose a few due to not offering a manual in all trims with all configurations/options.

Only 5% of the Jeep Wrangler's sold have manual transmissions anyhow. Reading this forum you'd think that *everybody* is getting a manual.

I bet this won't be the case. I bet most of the people who say they're getting a "manual" when the time comes to order one, you're checking the auto box.

Manuals are a PITA.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, if youā€™ve driven a ranger with a 2.3 it is pretty stout. I would guess a 2.3 MT with a squatch pkg would be perfect for most serious off roaders. A 2.7 hits hard in my F150 when it spools up and would seem more of a PITA. But I believe everyone needs to be able to get what they want, so Iā€™m all for that. I didnā€™t reserve one yet because I want to see more. I am leaning more towards the BL now with a 2.3 MT if I can get the squatch pkg. if not I guess Iā€™ll do the auto or give up and buy a Mach 1 with a MT.

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So with ~200K orders, let's say ~100K follow through. How is that going to sit with dealers who want the Bronco today, because they can sell it, but are being asked to wait for 100K to be built and delivered to people who reserved and hope to pay x-plan pricing?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So with ~200K orders, let's say ~100K follow through. How is that going to sit with dealers who want the Bronco today, because they can sell it, but are being asked to wait for 100K to be built and delivered to people who reserved and hope to pay x-plan pricing?
Holdback, accessories and high interest rates will keep them in the $$.

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford did an amazing job with everything.......except.....the packages.

The one package combination that every die-hard 4-wheeler wants is not available??? WTF Ford!?!?

Give me Badlands, 7MT, Sasquatch with locking front and rear diffs, and 35's.....and you have my business. If not, the Rubicon is just around the corner.

Kunkfunk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want to reserve one but I also want to drive the manual & auto in both 2/4 door to see what I like the best... itā€™s a predicament

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give me Badlands, 7MT, Sasquatch with locking front and rear diffs, and 35's.....and you have my business. If not, the Rubicon is just around the corner.
Can you get the Rubicon with an MT and 35s?
Sponsored