Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who would have thought 13 months ago, that if you wanted a two door bronco, that it would absolutely kill your chances at getting a 21' model. All of the design and consulting with known classic bronco gurus for input on how to match classic bronco lines with modern tech and this is where we're at. Such a dang failure Ford. The only reason I'm not walking away is because I'm just too stubborn.
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last year I thought, oh man this is going to be a rare vehicle etc. So I reserved too late (1 week). Those bad batch 2drs actually have it pretty good, they at least will get a 21.

RIP 2dr 2021 Broncos

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who would have thought 13 months ago, that if you wanted a two door bronco, that it would absolutely kill your chances at getting a 21' model. All of the design and consulting with known classic bronco gurus for input on how to match classic bronco lines with modern tech and this is where we're at. Such a dang failure Ford. The only reason I'm not walking away is because I'm just too stubborn.
I’m with ya.

13 mos in with likely another 12 to go

#broncofail really should be blowing up the internet, this has been managed by

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a shame. Does anyone know the reason Ford did not offer a soft top on the 2-door Bronco? I read speculation, but it seems a missed opportunity, to have a convertible vehicle without a factory soft top. I can't imaging Jeep not offering a soft top on the 2-door Wrangler.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It's a shame. Does anyone know the reason Ford did not offer a soft top on the 2-door Bronco? I read speculation, but it seems a missed opportunity, to have a convertible vehicle without a factory soft top. I can't imaging Jeep not offering a soft top on the 2-door Wrangler.
I don't "know" the reason, but I speculate money was involved. Probably the odds that you would want it the other way and pay for the more expensive option worked better that way.

OP
OP
okbob

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last year I thought, oh man this is going to be a rare vehicle etc. So I reserved too late (1 week). Those bad batch 2drs actually have it pretty good, they at least will get a 21.

RIP 2dr 2021 Broncos
I reserved just a little over two hours in as well and still didn't get the nod.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too many soccer-mom Karens needing hella room for all their little snowflakes’ accessories have killed the two door market. Make those kids climb in the back. I sure did it and look how I turned out!

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Loses Big 1628791530572

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me the two door is the only thing that exists. I wanted it the minute it was announced, confirmed when they had one in Buena Vista last September and love the idea of a modular top.

Reserved 2 hours after the website went live and because of my top I won't see it until 2023. And with today's news I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed into 2024.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s forcing me to switch to a 4 door softie. IMO the 2 door is a much better looking vehicle, and would be a better wheeler, but I can’t keep getting my shit pushed back. This will also be my daily. I have a 7/25 res, BD/2.7/Sq build. I thought before today I might see it next June. Now I’m thinking I don’t get it until next fall. Just can’t wait that long.

Might put in a second res today to order a 2 door zero option badlands to receive in 2024 if I really hate the 4 door.

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the info released 2dr hardtop production should start rolling decently after Nov/Dec cleanup of the FEs and bad batches. So Q1/Q2 should be expected for early reservations if the start producing good tops at volume to support the 500+/day mix. There is just not that many 2dr orders, so I bet they catch up quickly.

In my scenario I've been scheduled but surely will push to late '21 or early'22.

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny because when I was at Off Roadeo a couple of weeks ago we drove a 2 dr Softop all weekend! I believe it was made by Bestop? I have a 2 dr sitting at MAP. I would love a softop. I have a softop on my 79.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s already lost two doors. I hate to see the 0 door version.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were a number of 2drs scheduled in July for August builds that were recently pushed back to September and October. Unless I read (and re-read and re-read) the FAQ incorrectly, those scheduled builds are still slated for MY21.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We can only speculate, but my money is on Ford didn't want to design/produce a second top option for what was likely (this is reflected in the order numbers we know) a much lower selling bodystyle.

So like other said, it was a cost saving decision.
Sponsored