Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That was sad…..
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What I got out of it was they THINK they will start replacing them in October. May take months. Who knows. 1 a day, 10 a day, 100 a day???
Exactly this. What has Ford got right so far on this launch? I wouldn't hold my breath for October...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still missed the questions about colors
Did they Say?
VB is still available?

They said they don't know. MY22 will have changes and color will also change. Did not commit to any MY21 colors staying or leaving.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once again, the question is never answered. And in this case, not asked.
The hard top is an integral part of the Wiltrak, as I suggested earlier in the thread a badlands with a soft top is your best bet most likely! (Or a basetrak like what I did)
I'm very disappointed in how the #BadBatchBroncos were glossed over. Sure, they said that those built Broncos will be prioritized for a replacement hard top but unless I'm misunderstanding things, the new hard tops will be not available until October. So in the meantime, our brand new Broncos will be stored outside in Michigan (in a large dirt lot) unprotected. How is that OK?
Vehicles sit outside for months on dealership lots. As I said in the stream, our goal is to get answers. If Ford says they need to wait, they're going to wait. Just part of the gig.
Did they Say?
VB is still available?
Esteban said they heard multiple times about the colors and they will work on getting us a finalized color palette ASAP.
I actually liked it allowed us to see real people rather than just a faceless corporation. I think the employees want to help as much as they can within the parameters set by Ford management.
I thought Tim's opening statement was one of the most genuine i've heard from Ford. He made it clear that this is a messed up situation, but that they're doing what they can. There's no easy answer.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did they Say?
VB is still available?
FORD said they heard the concern about MY22 colors being important to customers and they were going to get final information out to us to make decisions. They confirmed a green color, no info on special editions for MY22.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best part was this comment....

IMG_20210812_163509~2.jpg

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1) Can we keep Antimatter Blue for MY22?
2) Why can't we just get the Bestop for the 2-door that's offered in the B&P?

Speaking of soft tops, let me tell you all about the soft-top experience and how amazing soft tops are, and if you've never ridden in a car with a soft top or on a motorcycle with the wind in your hair or on a scooter or a tricycle or a baby carriage with a soft top then you just have no idea how superior the soft top is to what was the question? Oh yeah, soft tops, soft tops, soft tops (maybe if I keep talking about soft tops they'll stop asking questions).

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection through '23! New editions and Mansquatch! But not both, choose wisely.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Massive, MASSIVE disappointment. Why even have the two goons from FoMoCo if they aren't going to say anything of merit. They certainly made their corporate overlords happy and didn't stray from the script.

And the 6G guy was probably the biggest disappointment of all. While he was correct that raking them over the coals is not productive, there were a lot of issues and questions posted here that he didn't bother to bring up that would have helped us with our concerns.

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nick that live stream was a joke
To sum it up it was a sales pitch for the soft top
You didn't ask nothing and they didn't address the real questions.
To some extent I agree, they put the hard sell on for the soft top. But, I do not think they were being disingenuous. I think they were emphasizing the fact if you want a Bronco in the near future switch to the soft top.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any update on the Painted Modular top manufacturer change and when will those who have ordered that top be getting their rigs?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Best part was this comment....

Ford Bronco Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today! IMG_20210812_163509~2
That is hilarious LOL.

The "answer" is that sometimes you don't want people seeing how the sausage is made.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question on MIC aftermarket price was addressed. A great followup would have been, if they don’t have a price now, then when? A reasonable price would drive soft top orders more than any other single thing. There‘s a saying in product marketing circles, “it’s about price stupid.”

$1500ish and I’ll go soft top, get the MIC later if I want. $4000 and I will wait out my MIC order. No answer, well, no action. Stuck waiting and that will continue.

It isn’t difficult. Most OEMs use close to 3X multiplier on cost. If they want to soften the blow for reservations, then offer a rebate (so they can sell MICs for $4000 later). Marketing 101.

If I had to guess, this is the debate. Ford knows the cost from part to shipping. I guarantee that. They’re discussing whether to accept a 40% profit or their usual 60% on aftermarket parts.