Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fingers crossed for 30 miles or so of EV only range! It would be perfect for commuting while still maintaining the capability off-road and for long trips.
Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fingers crossed for 30 miles or so of EV only range! It would be perfect for commuting while still maintaining the capability off-road and for long trips.
Why not just get a 2.3 EcoBoost Auto or Manual?

OP
OP
Staticclism

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not just get a 2.3 EcoBoost Auto or Manual?
That's the plan for now but I'm not sure I'll be able to swing the cost immediately. With rumors out there that the hybrid version will be coming I'm probably going to wait and see what the cost / performance / limitations of that are first. If it doesn't meet my expectations I'm almost positive I'll go for 2.3 / 7-speed (which is what I want anyway but the thought of being able to commute gas-free and charge at work is super compelling; I had a BMW i3 full electric for about a year and loved being able to commute for a grand total of about $14 per month but hated we couldn't take it long distances).

OP
OP
Staticclism

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
After having dug through other threads and caught wind of Getrag / Ford developing a manual for a hybrid I'm not pulling the trigger until I see what the Hybrid looks like & how much of a premium it'll be over the regular Bronco.
From a different thread; definitely would be SUPREMELY interested in a manual + hybrid 2-door.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From a different thread; definitely would be SUPREMELY interested in a manual + hybrid 2-door.
Manual with hybrid would be amazeballs! For those who don't recall the hybrid capability was noted in Getrag's tech sheet for the transmission. I don't have a link.

Buckin'Bronco89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided