First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2013 Explorer, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am so proud of Ford for getting this all right! My only sadness is that our little group of Bronco lovers is going to get a lot bigger quickly, and the newbies need to understand where this all comes from. I am not buying a 2021 model, because I have a 1972 and want to pair mine together with an exact 50-year gap, and thus will buy a 2022.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so proud of Ford for getting this all right! My only sadness is that our little group of Bronco lovers is going to get a lot bigger quickly, and the newbies need to understand where this all comes from. I am not buying a 2021 model, because I have a 1972 and want to pair mine together with an exact 50-year gap, and thus will buy a 2022.
that will be cool

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love those white seats. I was initially thinking that they were the marine seats, but im not sure about that now. I was hoping to get those seats in the BD, but i dont think they are the vinyl.

Sponsored

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm hoping for more of a finished look after the top removal. At least space the spot welds evenly. It looks like it needs something there to give it the $50k look

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm hoping for more of a finished look after the top removal. At least space the spot welds evenly. It looks like it needs something there to give it the $50k look
I wouldn't worry about it. Literally every single Bronco we've seen so far is a prototype.

Pilot321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why would the back roof panel need two people to remove it if it is light weight according to the article?

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would the back roof panel need two people to remove it if it is light weight according to the article?
Probably an awkward size to lift and clear the spare tire maybe? Or just to be safe and not get sued by people damaging it or their back by attempting it solo. Hard to tell without knowing the weight but has to be somewhat meaty, no?

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of what appears to be the “molded in color Carbonized Gray” hard top on that 2-door. Way too light compared to the the fender flares, door handles, and window surrounds. If that’s not corrected on production models, I’ll have to go with a body color top.
Hopefully there will be more top options because I agree.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a fan of what appears to be the “molded in color Carbonized Gray” hard top on that 2-door. Way too light compared to the the fender flares, door handles, and window surrounds. If that’s not corrected on production models, I’ll have to go with a body color top.
The Wildtrak comes with a black painted hard top which i believe is different then the molded color top. May be a better contrast then this one.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Bronco cactus gray real life 1.jpg

Our (Ok4wd) President, Jim Oostdyk was at the Bronco release in New York at NORA, Northeast Off Road Adventures and was able to get a good look at this exciting new 4WD vehicle.

We're incredible fans of the Ford Bronco. When OK4WD was founded in 1979, the Ford Bronco was in its second generation and moving into its third. However, we saw a lot of first generation and second generations.

Interior
The interior looked very similar to current vehicles, however they did their homework and have a dash mounting bracket that will accept various accessory mounts for accessory electronics, some well positioned grab handles, rubber floor with drains, and switching that appears to be able to take on some weather. The view through the windshield reminds me of a FJ Cruiser however the sloped hood will help with giving a better view of the trail.

IMG_4300-1-1024x768.jpg

Exterior
The side view mirrors are attached to the cowl and removing the doors required unlatching the door, disconnecting the electrical plug and lifting off the door from it's hinge pivot points. It was nice how there is no door frame as the window seals against the door surround which is part of the door pillar and roll cage.

IMG_4301-1024x768.jpg

IMG_4315-1024x768.jpg

The rear tailgate is very similar to Jeep's. It looks like Good Year has a new tire coming out as well, which is something else that excited us.

The tail lights are very Ford truck looking and I like how they kept the taillight from protruding out, which will help save little red plastic pieces from littering trails with trees or protruding rocks.

IMG_4303-768x1024.jpg

I really liked how there is so much open air and the roll cage circles the occupants. The door pillars are very stout allowing for no middle bar which will give the rear occupants an awesome unobstructed view.

IMG_4306-1024x768.jpg

They really kept the classic Bronco look with the grill, round headlights and hood. I liked how it has a very solid steel bumper and integrated front skid plate. You'll also notice the Independent Front Suspension (IFS) which is not a first for the Bronco, but really separates the new Bronco from a Wrangler. I know this will be a hot topic of arguments in 4WD enthusiast circles, but it is 2020 and I believe it's time for a change. I think the aftermarket will adapt and upgrade these suspensions and it will become more popular. Stay tuned...

Above the headlight is an interesting anchor point and Ford points out it helps the driver with front fender positioning. This can be used as a brush guard and I'm sure when a rack is added it can help tie down gear such as a canoe, etc.

IMG_4307-1024x768.jpg

IMG_4310-1024x768.jpg

Removable Top & Features
The 2 door hardtop consists of the back section and 2 front sections(3 pieces) and the 4 door is 5 pieces. The panels are very light weight however the rear section will require 2 people to remove or install.

IMG_4336-768x1024.jpg

I noticed this groove on the rear portion of the top on each side and it's for mounting options for a roof rack. This is a great addition and a much needed support area for mounting aftermarket rack systems. Above the windshield we also noticed painted covers which will also be areas for mounting the front supports for racks, light bars or other accessories.

IMG_4367-1-1024x768.jpg

The Fenders
It appears these clips allow the fenders to be removed without tools. We like that the flares are round and allow for large tires. Different models will have different width flares and should be easily changed

Untitled-6-768x1024.jpg

Rear Suspension
The rear suspension is a 4 link and the coil overs are very forward leaning allowing for ample travel. The outboard positioning gives the rocks some room to pass between the mounts and pumpkin and shows that the engineers did their homework.

IMG_4305-1024x768.jpg

Final Thoughts
Overall this vehicle really impressed me! I love the styling but more importantly it looks to be a solid off road vehicle. Ford has really put a lot of effort, thought and engineering into this and it shows. Many of the under carriage components and drivetrain look similar to the new Ranger which has proved to be a good truck. It's quite evident Ford is after the Jeep and competition breeds innovation so we all will benefit. -- by Ok4wd

• IMG_4365-1024x768.jpg
  • IMG_4366-1024x768.jpg
  • IMG_4362-768x1024.jpg
  • IMG_4348-768x1024.jpg

• IMG_4319-768x1024.jpg
  • IMG_4316-768x1024.jpg
  • IMG_4309-1024x768.jpg
  • IMG_4304-1024x768.jpg
  • IMG_4302-768x1024.jpg
2021 Bronco cactus gray real life 2.jpg
2021 Bronco cactus gray real life 3.jpg

IMG_4359-1-1024x768.jpg
which trim is that 4 door?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess the large hump in the middle of the steering wheel is the air bag. It sticks out pretty far. Not a complaint, but it just looks a little strange.
Reminds me of the steering wheel on bumper cars, which may be appropriate here.
Sponsored