Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this topic has been discussed a few times. However, the ability for dealers to hold reservation holders hostage at purchase by forcing the buyer to accept ADM up charges or forgo the order is wrong. We made the reservation for the Bronco. We spec’d it out and placed the order. We anticipated Ford delivering to us our Bronco. Pricing was established at the order. Granted, there are dealer fees associated with delivery, tax, title, etc. But a pure mark up based on demand is wrong. The challenges with delivering Broncos has added to the demand. Dealers know it and are using it to their advantage. I purchased my Badlands yesterday. There was a $5K markup. When I balked at it, they said that is the going rate right now. I pushed back. I was basically left with either buying my bronco with a markup or watch it be sold to someone else and have to wait another year plus for a replacement. Ford has talked about holding pricing but that is meaningless when dealers are permitted to mark up the Bronco.

I love this Bronco. It is really an awesome Truck. Ford has done an excellent job. It sucks that the experience is tainted by BS practices of dealers. The worst part, I moved my early reservation from one dealer (that was non-response) to this dealer. So they would not have had my early reservation but for me. They Would have to wait on their other MIC top, constraint laden orders.

Hoping @FordMotorCompany can find a way to deal with this.
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm failing to see how this is Ford's problem. Dealerships are Ford's customers. We're dealership customers.

I mean, yeah, it really sucks, but unless you're planning to bring a class action lawsuit against Ford this really is beyond their control, right?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this topic has been discussed a few times. However, the ability for dealers to hold reservation holders hostage at purchase by forcing the buyer to accept ADM up charges or forgo the order is wrong. We made the reservation for the Bronco. We spec’d it out and placed the order. We anticipated Ford delivering to us our Bronco. Pricing was established at the order. Granted, there are dealer fees associated with delivery, tax, title, etc. But a pure mark up based on demand is wrong. The challenges with delivering Broncos has added to the demand. Dealers know it and are using it to their advantage. I purchased my Badlands yesterday. There was a $5K markup. When I balked at it, they said that is the going rate right now. I pushed back. I was basically left with either buying my bronco with a markup or watch it be sold to someone else and have to wait another year plus for a replacement. Ford has talked about holding pricing but that is meaningless when dealers are permitted to mark up the Bronco.

I love this Bronco. It is really an awesome Truck. Ford has done an excellent job. It sucks that the experience is tainted by BS practices of dealers. The worst part, I moved my early reservation from one dealer (that was non-response) to this dealer. So they would not have had my early reservation but for me. They Would have to wait on their other MIC top, constraint laden orders.

Hoping @FordMotorCompany can find a way to deal with this.
Go straight to Mike Levine on Twitter. Tagging FMC on this website won't get you very far. Mike has been really good about reaching out to customers with issues like this on twitter and following up with the dealers. Not sure you'll get anywhere, but he has taken on these situations over the last couple months. Good luck.

edit: This is another reason the long game with Granger, Chapman of Horsham and Stephens Auto Center was the right play for me and many others. I'm with Granger, but this situation is eliminated for buyers at these 3 locations. I should throw in the Texas Group Buy dealership as well, but I'm not sure what dealership that is. Again, good luck to you in getting some traction with Mike Levine or Ford on this.

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm failing to see how this is Ford's problem. Dealerships are Ford's customers. We're dealership customers.

I mean, yeah, it really sucks, but unless you're planning to bring a class action lawsuit against Ford this really is beyond their control, right?
I think dealerships are more a partnership/b2b relationship than a customer relationship. Like you wouldnt say an independent insurance agency is a customer of the insurance companies they are licensed to sell policies for.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, its not a Ford problem. Ford sells to the dealer. The dealer chooses what cost/prices they want to pass on to you.

For example, my window sticker shows a $1,400 destination fee. My dealer is not charging me that on my written agreement.

Take your issue to your dealer, because Ford isn't going to do anything more than what they have already outlined.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because Ford keeps touting Price Protection to order holders. Order holders do not have any price protection if the dealer can mark it up however they want.
Difference between price and msrp protection. The latter of which is what they’re offering.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the point where you get skewered for voicing an honest opinion. I personally agree with you and I’m sure there are tens of thousands of people that agree with you. But on this forum you will get the typical response in the first two comments. There are people that just don’t care and have money to burn and they will blame everyone but the dealer. The dealership doesn’t care it’s all about money not the customer. Ford will do nothing about this ,maybe someday in the future if they can do away with the dealership and just make them service centers there might be a possibility. Many people on the forum say the customer is the dealership. Personally again I totally disagree but this is the way things are for the time being.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You didn't have a sign contract with the dealer setting the price?
Exactly. My dealer told me the price, which is on the contract/sales order as well as all other fees and tax. Not sure how this deal went down, but normally you'd have an agreed upon price long before, correct?

Sponsored

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, its not a Ford problem. Ford sells to the dealer. The dealer chooses what cost/prices they want to pass on to you.

For example, my window sticker shows a $1,400 destination fee. My dealer is not charging me that on my written agreement.

Take your issue to your dealer, because Ford isn't going to do anything more than what they have already outlined.
I think his point and my is that Ford should not be touting Price Protection to us if the dealers are their customers. And we are the Dealers customers. That's a big disconnect and dishonest by Ford as well as the Dealers.

OP
OP
Tadel001

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not agree that dealers are customers of Ford in a way that Ford has no control over them. Ford undoubtedly has extensive control over its dealerships. As for a contract, there are many ways to establish a contract. At its core, you need consideration. When a dealer sends me an order form with pricing and I authorize them to use my unique reservation to place that order, that is arguable a contract.

The reason this is a Ford problem is that they have production issues. They also have customer issue (end buyer). They want brand loyalty and brand excitement. Their production challenges are already creating issues. Those issues are exasperated when dealers take advantage by unforeseen demand due to production issues.

This isn’t a “Class Action”. This isn’t even a threat of a lawsuit against Ford. I could pursue a claim against the dealer and may do it. (I am an attorney so not a big lift on my part). In the meantime, it shouldn’t have to come to that. Just do what is right.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You didn't have a sign contract with the dealer setting the price?
No - I didn't sign a contract for a $53k vehicle, sight unseen, never driven and no idea when it will arrive.

I did sign a build sheet with them that authorized my order to be placed in Ford's system based on the options that I have selected. I confirmed via e-mail that my price matched my dealer's build sheet and I got them to state in the e-mail that was the agreed upon price and there would be no add ons.
Sponsored