Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry all, I now see what BoostedBronco was trying to tell me.

I've updated the first post of the thread along with the title to reflect this. Boosted is correct, and I was wrong / assuming too much.

EyeQ4 is more than just "Active Drive Assist", although that *can* be part of it, we don't know if that is or isn't going to be offered in the 2021 Bronco.

Sorry, everyone. I never meant to mislead anybody, I was just super excited and probably reading a little too much into it because I desperately want this feature.

If it is ever available in the Bronco, I'll trade up to get it too.

Also, if it is in fact confirmed (or proven not to be an option in 2021), then I'll update this thread again to reflect that official announcement.
Sponsored

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know what what freedom is more so than you ever will. This was in response to some Karen's trying to convince me that driving my own vehicle was a bad idea. FOWTBS. My first ignore on this otherwise awesome forum.
Consider me shocked that you are the type of person who ignores people that disagree with you. If you happen to read this in a quote enjoy your Bronco! Glad Ford makes them for people that are as apart in the vehicle spectrum as the two of us. Lol

I've updated the first post of the thread along with the title to reflect this. Boosted is correct, and I was wrong / assuming too much.
No worries man, I read it the same way. At least you started a thread with some fireworks. Definitely shows the diversity of people attracted to the Bronco!

Delrey30

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stick your generational bias in your pocket, I know many older people that love technology. Many want more, like self driving cars, as it assures their freedom and independence as they age.
I’m sure there are older people who want the technology, but you’re not going to see anyone 30 and under complaining about “damn computers in cars” lol. It’s not bias it’s a fact.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dpav02

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny how the arguments always take off, but nobody answers the basic question until about 15 pages in.
This was my fault. I assumed with the announcement and EyeQ4, that automatically meant that the Bronco was getting "Active Drive Assist".

I was overly excited and wishing. Had I thought about it more, i probably wouldn't have made a post.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’d trade it for convenience to talk online though? The thought of these safety features “tracking” you and “driving you to the police station” is ridiculous. You’re probably using a smartphone or computer to access this site, I’ll tell you right now both easily monitored and tracked and you have very little “control” of that. These are safety features so you don’t swerve out of lanes or accidentally rear end someone, not some new world order conspiracy lmao. You have all the liberty in the world to turn the steering wheel in any direction and use the pedals at your own will.
Not all ridiculous. Have you seen the OnStar commercial where the cop is following a GM vehicle and tells them OK to shut it down and the car comes to a stop.

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

EyeQ4 is more than just "Active Drive Assist", although that *can* be part of it, we don't know if that is or isn't going to be offered in the 2021 Bronco.

Sorry, everyone. I never meant to mislead anybody, I was just super excited and probably reading a little too much into it because I desperately want this feature.

If it is ever available in the Bronco, I'll trade up to get it too.

Also, if it is in fact confirmed (or proven not to be an option in 2021), then I'll update this thread again to reflect that official announcement.
Ha, I think we are having our own conversation here anyway. I don't think anyone else cares. I really, really hope Bronco gets Active Drive Assist. EyeQ4 obviously powers it which Bronco gets, but they are not choosing to go all the way like they did with the F-150 and Mach-E.

I reached out to Mike via email asking if the 2021 Bronco will gets Hands free Active Drive Assist. His response just came in: "It will not."

Let's hope we see it down the road.

OP
OP
dpav02

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha, I think we are having our own conversation here anyway. I don't think anyone else cares. I really, really hope Bronco gets Active Drive Assist. EyeQ4 obviously powers it which Bronco gets, but they are not choosing to go all the way like they did with the F-150 and Mach-E.

I reached out to Mike via email asking if the 2021 Bronco will gets Hands free Active Drive Assist. His response just came in: "It will not."

Yea thanks man! I was also busy on meetings while working too so that didn't help as I couldn't fully read and understand the press release along with what you were trying to tell me.

Sorry and thanks for following up with Mike via email.

Now we know for sure. :(

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not all ridiculous. Have you seen the OnStar commercial where the cop is following a GM vehicle and tells them OK to shut it down and the car comes to a stop.
Some of these tech geeks have the naive view that tech is only used for good...I retired from the military 11 years ago and was in awe of what we could do then. Given tech advancement seems to occur an exponential scale I can't even imagine what is possible today.

Sponsored

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What about Lane Centering with one hand on the wheel?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome, can you post the quote where Mike says "Active Drive Assist with hands free driving is coming to Bronco". I don't have a twitter account, so I can't see all the comments. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I really want this tech, just not sure why Ford went full throttle with "HANDS FREE DRIVING from Active Driver Assist" with the F-150 and Mach-E, and then when huge Bronco reveal came out, they just said Co-Pilot360.
Considering the length of time the Bronco has been in development, you would expect this feature to be baked in.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is a short quote from the 2015 Wired article, for those who won't bother to click on the link:

"As the two hackers remotely toyed with the air-conditioning, radio, and windshield wipers, I mentally congratulated myself on my courage under pressure. That's when they cut the transmission.

Immediately my accelerator stopped working. As I frantically pressed the pedal and watched the RPMs climb, the Jeep lost half its speed, then slowed to a crawl. This occurred just as I reached a long overpass, with no shoulder to offer an escape. The experiment had ceased to be fun."

Source: https://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

You might want to re-think your skepticism about the vulnerability of onboard computer systems...
That was a long time ago in the technology world. We've certainly made a lot of progress since that learning experience.

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a long time ago in the technology world. We've certainly made a lot of progress since that learning experience.
Read Post #75 - where I respond to someone else who said it was "old news". I'm not going to repeat the post here.
Sponsored