Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I searched and didn't see this posted. It seems Cobb has their 2.3 bronco and are digging it to the tune.

Ford Bronco COBB Tuning working on tune and bolt-ons for 2.3L Bronco COBB Tuning 2021 Bronco 2.3L

Ford Bronco COBB Tuning working on tune and bolt-ons for 2.3L Bronco Titan Wheels - COBB Tuning working on 2021 Bronco 2.3L 10-speed -- tuning & bolt-ons
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe all the folks that think tuning this already over worked engine is a good idea. Kiss your warranty good bye. People, read the Ranger/Focus RS forums if you want to see your future.

Why not just get the 2.7?

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't believe all the folks that think tuning this already over worked engine is a good idea. Kiss your warranty good bye. People, read the Ranger/Focus RS forums if you want to see your future.

Wrong.

Neither Bronco engine is overworked. You have absolutely no evidence to support that claim. And frankly, you’re just talking out of your a**.

The only component that’s at risk of of being “overworked”, is the 10R60 transmission that comes in the Bronco. It’s only rated for 424lb-ft of torque. Which means since the stock 2.7 puts out 400lb-ft, you’ll have to limit the torque if you tune it.

The stock 2.3L on the other hand only puts out 330lb-ft of torque, so it has plenty of room to work with when tuning. The 2.3L also has a proven track record of responding incredibly well to tuning. I personally can’t wait to see what Cobb comes up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But adding 100lbs of unsprung weight on each corner with 37s and heavier wheels isn't over working them ?

I don't think you understand tuning

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I search and didn't see this posted. It seems Cobb has their 2.3 bronco and are digging it to the tune.

HELL YEAH!!! This makes my friday night even better

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I search and didn't see this posted. It seems Cobb has their 2.3 bronco and are digging it to the tune.

Two things that really gets me excited, I'm planning on slapping on those wheels too and I too, am getting the 2.3

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

if you tune any motor, you will probably have a Difficult time with an engine related warranty claim if something happens. There is definitely risk involved, however, many people believe the risk is worth it for the extra 50-100 Hp and torque gained from a tune.

I’ve had Cobb tuned Subarus since 2007 without ANY issues. My 11 STi made +100 WHP and +150 WTQ over stock on flex fuel set up... almost 90k miles before I sold it. There are plenty of of Subaru EJ motor failures as well, so yes there is risk, but well worth it for the additional enjoyment you get from driving a modded vehicle.

”Ecoboom” failures happen too but many more tuned Ecoboost Mustangs, RS out there without issues. Cobb has tuned Raptors and F150s as well as Porsches, GTRs, BMWs , VWs, etc, so I’m going to leave it up to them to find out if this 2.3 is overworked, and how much potential there is for safe gains. They will find the limits and develop the safest product for Bronco owners.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrong.

Neither Bronco engine is overworked. You have absolutely no evidence to support that claim. And frankly, you’re just talking out of your a**.

The only component that’s at risk of of being “overworked”, is the 10R60 transmission that comes in the Bronco. It’s only rated for 424lb-ft of torque. Which means since the stock 2.7 puts out 400lb-ft, you’ll have to limit the torque if you tune it.

The stock 2.3L on the other hand only puts out 330lb-ft of torque, so it has plenty of room to work with when tuning. The 2.3L also has a proven track record of responding incredibly well to tuning. I personally can’t wait to see what Cobb comes up with.
There's a reason Ford won't put the manual box in the Sasquatch. Because it can't handle it. Now you want to tune it? Great formula.
Look's like a lot of folks here have deep pockets so they don't care about their warranty. But I guess all the deep pockets can't afford the 2.7?

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a reason Ford won't put the manual box in the Sasquatch. Because it can't handle it. Now you want to tune it? Great formula.
Look's like a lot of folks here have deep pockets so they don't care about their warranty. But I guess all the deep pockets can't afford the 2.7?
Uhhh, mansquatch is coming in 22......

Mannysouza

Badlands
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, ford ranger, old fords, minivan, Suzuki sid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But adding 100lbs of unsprung weight on each corner with 37s and heavier wheels isn't over working them ?

I don't think you understand tuning
37” tires from 35” tires is certainly not an “added 100 pounds” maybe 10 each would be appropriate