First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who would have thought 13 months ago, that if you wanted a two door bronco, that it would absolutely kill your chances at getting a 21' model. All of the design and consulting with known classic bronco gurus for input on how to match classic bronco lines with modern tech and this is where we're at. Such a dang failure Ford. The only reason I'm not walking away is because I'm just too stubborn.
Why won't FORD contract with a 3rd party to manufacture a soft top for the 2DR? It would allow many of us to take delivery with a soft top and order the hard top at a latter date.
Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Short Answer is Ford.

Longer answer is tying together information from Ford shared on this forum and connecting a few dots.

It's kind of like allocation, very complicated. But unlike Esteban, I will take you through it.

1. Total orders = +/- 125000 (various sources including Ford press releases)

Ford news release ""But production is underway to fill the 125,000 reservations that have been converted to orders, Farley says. The SUV is essentially sold out for two years."

2. Initial order mix before production (shared with dealers in April at beginning of production). USOD is the mix of those orders.

1628895227871.png

3. 125000*29%= +/- 36300 2D orders

4. Through end of July Ford built 13380 Broncos per their reports

5. All those had vins and their mix has been running 17% 2D

6. So lets say 13380*17% = 2275 2D built though end of July

7.August the was "BIG" month where Broncos would be at " Full production"

Here's the first week whiteboard at MAP fully scheduled before later announced shutdowns. The whole was scheduled with Vins

1628898383662.png

8. Lets assume 1st week of August schedule (523 2D) carried out to end of the month
523 *4 = 1096 scheduled 2D (w/ Vin)

9. 2275 (through July)+1096 (Aug) =4371 2D Vins

10. No more new 2D Vins (except FE's) will be issued for MY21
THANKS! Your analysis makes sense to me, and is way beyond my ability to figure this mess out. Hope that you are right.

MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
Short Answer is Ford.

Longer answer is tying together information from Ford shared on this forum and connecting a few dots.

It's kind of like allocation, very complicated. But unlike Esteban, I will take you through it.

1. Total orders = +/- 125000 (various sources including Ford press releases)

Ford news release ""But production is underway to fill the 125,000 reservations that have been converted to orders, Farley says. The SUV is essentially sold out for two years."

2. Initial order mix before production (shared with dealers in April at beginning of production). USOD is the mix of those orders.

1628895227871.png

3. 125000*29%= +/- 36300 2D orders

4. Through end of July Ford built 13380 Broncos per their reports

5. All those had vins and their mix has been running 17% 2D

6. So lets say 13380*17% = 2275 2D built though end of July

7.August the was "BIG" month where Broncos would be at " Full production"

Here's the first week whiteboard at MAP fully scheduled before later announced shutdowns. The whole was scheduled with Vins

1628898383662.png

8. Lets assume 1st week of August schedule (523 2D) carried out to end of the month
523 *4 = 1096 scheduled 2D (w/ Vin)

9. 2275 (through July)+1096 (Aug) =4371 2D Vins

10. No more new 2D Vins (except FE's) will be issued for MY21
Funny, this is going to pretty much make us VINd 2 Dr Basesquatch people the owners of the real limited edition.
Can we get a build number plate too?

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve owned three two door Bronco’s in my life, the last one was the 87 I owned for 23 years. I have no interest in the four door because I don’t have kids and don’t need the space. I live in an area with small roads and smaller parallel parking spaces, so a shorter vehicle is easier to maneuver. If I end up doing any serious off-roading I prefer the short wheelbase for tight trails. I’m a guy who bought a super cab Raptor over a crew cab for the same reasons.

Since we’re getting kicked to 2022 I’m looking forward to a base Mansquatch. Unfortunately they will probably only offer the Mansquatch in a Badlands and I won’t buy it. I put in a second reservation earlier this month so I’d be in line for a Mansquatch later if my 21 had been built.

If I were getting a four door SUV I’d go with the Lexus GX460. A small lift, bigger tires, bumpers, sliders, and gears make those damn good looking rigs.

ED3872BC-BC08-4FC6-9295-A81759ECE43E.jpeg
41968A7F-AD32-405B-965B-587B0705B782.jpeg
If your avatar is the last Bronco you had for 20+ years, that's a real good looking rig. Thanks for your response, makes me feel better about waiting it out

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked up an accessory for my 2dr Badlands when it comes in next year………I accessorized it with a 4dr BB that someone refused to take delivery.
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! Didn’t we just talk about this yesterday? @okbob I think we need to start an intervention.

@WyoBronc I ain’t mad at ya. (Maybe a little jelly that you get to play bronco.) Congrats on the more door. Enjoy it for the rest of us!!

Sponsored

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too many soccer-mom Karens needing hella room for all their little snowflakes’ accessories have killed the two door market. Make those kids climb in the back. I sure did it and look how I turned out!

1628791530572.gif
You're definitely making a statement there - just not the one you think you're making.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! Didn’t we just talk about this yesterday? @okbob I think we need to start an intervention.

@WyoBronc I ain’t mad at ya. (Maybe a little jelly that you get to play bronco.) Congrats on the more door. Enjoy it for the rest of us!!
Hahaha. Yeah, it fell in my lap and I couldn’t pass it up. Figured it was better than the 4Runner I was looking at. And I still got my 2dr reservation, so it’s more like a rental.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just picked up an accessory for my 2dr Badlands when it comes in next year………I accessorized it with a 4dr BB that someone refused to take delivery.

I’ll actually trade it in on the 2dr if and when it arrives. Not a bad gap vehicle since I was looking at 2-3 year old 4Runners.
B71350BA-3478-40CD-AACD-5BA4EC49F30E.jpeg
@WyoBronc finally getting a Bronco is a great cap to an otherwise shitty week in Broncoland! 🍻

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@WyoBronc finally getting a Bronco is a great cap to an otherwise shitty week in Broncoland! 🍻
Yep, if you hang in there long enough, the sun will shine on every dogs ass occasionally……even on Friday the 13th after getting a Ford stay pumped MY22 email. And I still got a 2dr day 1 reservation in my pocket.

As my uncle Bill used to say…..”ain’t no flies on brother”. Not sure what that means, but if feels appropriate.

Thank you for the shout out Voltagedrop. Now, I need something else to bitch about……perhaps the resurgence of the goddamn Taliban.

OP
OP
okbob

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why won't FORD contract with a 3rd party to manufacture a soft top for the 2DR? It would allow many of us to take delivery with a soft top and order the hard top at a latter date.
No idea, wish I had the answer to that.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No idea, wish I had the answer to that.
Likely not enough money to be made on such a low take rate. Bestop does have this one.

E. RETRACTABLE TREKTOP® SOFT TOP Run as fully-enclosed, all-season soft top or enjoy the open air with multiple open top configurations. • Sunrider® feature allows the top to easily open from inside the vehicle for an unobstructed overhead view and open-air experience • Innovative no zipper windows for easy removal • Designed to work seamlessly with factory doors • Rear tailgate opens without interference from rear window panel • Available in premium black vinyl or twill fabrics • Available for 2-door and 4-door models

OP
OP
okbob

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Likely not enough money to be made on such a low take rate. Bestop does have this one.

E. RETRACTABLE TREKTOP® SOFT TOP Run as fully-enclosed, all-season soft top or enjoy the open air with multiple open top configurations. • Sunrider® feature allows the top to easily open from inside the vehicle for an unobstructed overhead view and open-air experience • Innovative no zipper windows for easy removal • Designed to work seamlessly with factory doors • Rear tailgate opens without interference from rear window panel • Available in premium black vinyl or twill fabrics • Available for 2-door and 4-door models
Yeah I've been trying to buy one since April lol. Figured I've have a bronco by now too so it hasn't been a big deal lol.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to know, I'll think of you when I'm driving my 2Dr BadSquatch and how much happier you are than me! :)-
Nah. I'll still be jelly of you having (not my build but I'll sell be jealous I don't have it) one. But it'll smack myself straight shortly after.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I missed something. I watched the round table yesterday and also got my letter from Ford earlier today saying my 2021 resi/order is going to be a 2022MY. Why is yours now a 2023?
Black Modular Top is MY2023