Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol this entire thread is just full of boomers being upset about new technology. Huge shocker that a car coming out in 2021 will have modern technology and safety features. Either don’t use it or go buy a 60s Bronco.
Next thing you know, they'll be asking for a V8. :)
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it has EyeQ4 but no hands-free active drive assist? What does it do? Is this like the auto parking thing? Sorry if this has been answered. I do love ACC with stop and go but am not sure how far this kind of technology goes.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read Post #75 - where I respond to someone else who said it was "old news". I'm not going to repeat the post here.
I can't believe I read through 7 pages of this crap. No way I'm going back for another look.

OP
OP
dpav02

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it has EyeQ4 but no hands-free active drive assist? What does it do? Is this like the auto parking thing? Sorry if this has been answered. I do love ACC with stop and go but am not sure how far this kind of technology goes.
https://www.mobileye.com/our-technology/evolution-eyeq-chip/

"Mobileye supports a comprehensive suite of ADAS functions – AEB, LDW, FCW, LKA, LC, TJA, Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR), and Intelligent High-beam Control (IHC) – using a single camera mounted on the windshield, processed by a single EyeQ® chip. "

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe I read through 7 pages of this crap. No way I'm going back for another look.
Then here you are...

"Old news"? Okay, here are three references from the last seven months:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...f-the-world-can-take-control-of-your-vehicle/

https://www.rd.com/list/ways-hackers-can-take-control-of-your-car/

https://purplegriffon.com/blog/carhacked-9-terrifying-ways-hackers-can-control-your-car

"only intended to scare people"? In July 2015, Chrysler issued a recall for 1.4 million vehicles as a result of Miller and Valasek's research. You don't recall 1.4 million vehicles in response to a bogus news story.

From the Dallas Morning News (ranked as "right-center biased" and receives a "High" score for factual reporting by Media Bias/Fact Check) - and its from your home state: "The threat of regular people having their vehicles carjacked by cyberattackers is real. Fact is, computer hackers on the other side of the world potentially could — while you’re driving — crash your navigation system, cut your brakes, disrupt your steering or remotely take control of the entire vehicle. Hackers do not need to be in close proximity; all they need is something as simple as internet connectivity. Cars have become heavily connected to the internet. They are essentially computers on wheels." (Published January 11, 2020)

I work in the field of global security, and cyberwarfare is very real. Iran is looking to expand its capabilities from hacks on banks (gen 1 Iranian tactics), to hacks on infrastructure (gen 2) like their recent hack on a water purification facility in Israel (Washington Post or Times of Israel, your choice), to hacks that will wreak more widespread economic devastation (gen 3). Iran is not alone in targeting the U.S. in this way (Russia and China are right there too). I'll stop here - a car forum really isn't the appropriate venue. I think we all really want to talk about whether we should rock KM2s, Trail Grapplers, or Toyo MTs on our new Broncos. But if you are willing to take the time to consider that there is more to the cyber threat than you currently believe, I suggest this starting here (published May 2020): https://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com/history-of-iranian-cyber-attacks-and-incidents

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is copied and pasted right from the below link, I just edited out the Non-CopIlot features:

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

Mid package has Ford Co-Pilot360™: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines.

High package adds: Mid Package content, plus: 12" center stack touchscreen; 360-Degree Camera; Forward Sensing System/

Lux adds Adaptive Cruise Control.......Evasive Steering Assist.

I hope this sums up what the 2021 Bronco Co-Pilot360 system is capable. Again, it is NOT capable of hands free driving like the Active Drive Assist offers in F-150 and Mach-E.

Last edited:

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is not listed anywhere in the Bronco info I have seen before...but there is a Ford technology called "Lane Centering". It is not Active Drive Assist, but it is much better than Lane-Keeping as I know it. Lane Centering will steer as long as you have a hand on the wheel. I used this in Europe on a Ford Edge and it worked great, especially along with the cruise control adjusting to the posted speed limit! I hope that they would include this in a 2021 Bronco, especially if it has the ability to steer ( Evasive Steering Assist).

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is copied and pasted right from the below link, I just edited out the Non-CopIlot features:

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

Mid package has Ford Co-Pilot360™: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines.

High package adds: Mid Package content, plus: 12" center stack touchscreen; 360-Degree Camera; Forward Sensing System/

Lux adds Adaptive Cruise Control.......Evasive Steering Assist.

I hope this sums up what the 2021 Bronco Co-Pilot360 system is capable. Again, it is NOT capable of hands free driving like the Active Drive Assist offers in F-150 and Mach-E.
Great, thank you!

OP
OP
dpav02

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, Mike replied to me on Twitter. The explanation made sense.

Ford Bronco Bronco to get EyeQ4 to support Co-Pilot360 - No "Active Drive Assist" Screenshot_20200720-212157_Twitter

Sponsored

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For what it's worth, Mike replied to me on Twitter. The explanation made sense.

Screenshot_20200720-212157_Twitter.jpg
Lane-Centering?

The 2020 Edge has Lane Centering. Is it not a possibility this could have it too? Especially being a 2021?

73adae85-d4fb-414e-b194-5382c9bc0700-jpeg.jpg

Imprezive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of these tech geeks have the naive view that tech is only used for good...I retired from the military 11 years ago and was in awe of what we could do then. Given tech advancement seems to occur an exponential scale I can't even imagine what is possible today.
Some of us tech geeks designed those weapons you know. Most military tech is dual use and I expect to use my civilian use on as much of it as I can. ?

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
The answer to this question for me is that I am not. I put a $100 deposit that I can get back if I don't like what I see. As soon as it comes time to spec, the first thing I am doing is going to other dealerships, including Jeep, to look at competitors.

I am hyped and I think this was a really, really good reveal but it still needs to live up to my own personal needs out of a vehicle.

LJRider

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should look into what hackers are already capable of doing - and this is long before the rollout of truly autonomous vehicles. Here is just one story about two "white-hat" hackers who consult for major car manufacturers, and how they can hack cars. Its from 2015, and there is more recent stuff available, but I'll let you use the google if this peaks your interest (and it should). The more computer systems that are built into cars the more they become vulnerable...
https://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/
From that article, it shows that manufacturers caught on and Ford in particular offers over the air updates to combat this problem. In the same article is shows government legislation for manufacturers to tighten security. And that was written 5 years ago.

"Old news"? Okay, here are three references from the last seven months:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...f-the-world-can-take-control-of-your-vehicle/

https://www.rd.com/list/ways-hackers-can-take-control-of-your-car/

https://purplegriffon.com/blog/carhacked-9-terrifying-ways-hackers-can-control-your-car

"only intended to scare people"? In July 2015, Chrysler issued a recall for 1.4 million vehicles as a result of Miller and Valasek's research. You don't recall 1.4 million vehicles in response to a bogus news story.

From the Dallas Morning News (ranked as "right-center biased" and receives a "High" score for factual reporting by Media Bias/Fact Check) - and its from your home state: "The threat of regular people having their vehicles carjacked by cyberattackers is real. Fact is, computer hackers on the other side of the world potentially could — while you’re driving — crash your navigation system, cut your brakes, disrupt your steering or remotely take control of the entire vehicle. Hackers do not need to be in close proximity; all they need is something as simple as internet connectivity. Cars have become heavily connected to the internet. They are essentially computers on wheels." (Published January 11, 2020)

I work in the field of global security, and cyberwarfare is very real. Iran is looking to expand its capabilities from hacks on banks (gen 1 Iranian tactics), to hacks on infrastructure (gen 2) like their recent hack on a water purification facility in Israel (Washington Post or Times of Israel, your choice), to hacks that will wreak more widespread economic devastation (gen 3). Iran is not alone in targeting the U.S. in this way (Russia and China are right there too). I'll stop here - a car forum really isn't the appropriate venue. I think we all really want to talk about whether we should rock KM2s, Trail Grapplers, or Toyo MTs on our new Broncos. But if you are willing to take the time to consider that there is more to the cyber threat than you currently believe, I suggest this starting here (published May 2020): https://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com/history-of-iranian-cyber-attacks-and-incidents
Unless I’m missing something, all three of those links point to the 2015 article. If this is an issue then it sounds like you need a vehicle from pre2000 because I don’t see any new mass production vehicle that doesn’t have computers in it.
Not all ridiculous. Have you seen the OnStar commercial where the cop is following a GM vehicle and tells them OK to shut it down and the car comes to a stop.
No I haven’t.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Some of us tech geeks designed those weapons you know. Most military tech is dual use and I expect to use my civilian use on as much of it as I can. ?
LOL, same here, and that was after I to served in the military working on similar equipment, before I became an engineer. To funny how people like to pigeonhole.
Sponsored