DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a reason Ford won't put the manual box in the Sasquatch. Because it can't handle it. Now you want to tune it? Great formula.
Look's like a lot of folks here have deep pockets so they don't care about their warranty. But I guess all the deep pockets can't afford the 2.7?
There’s a difference between what transmission is rated for and what and what it can actually handle. We will see as more tuners start doing their thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question for team tunes are the devil; why does ford offer tunes and warranty on vehicles if they are so bad?

Second since reading comprehension is garbage here the post also says they are working on hard parts
You mad bro!?
No not even a little, he's focus on wheel weight, and I clear said 37s and heavier wheels. So I am making sure he understands exactly what I am talking about

I don't let forums bother me

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question for team tunes are the devil; why does ford offer tunes and warranty on vehicles if they are so bad?

Second since reading comprehension is garbage here the post also says they are working on hard parts

No not even a little, he's focus on wheel weight, and I clear said 37s and heavier wheels. So I am making sure he understands exactly what I am talking about

I don't let forums bother me
If you dont let forums bother you, then "let it go"

Mannysouza

Badlands
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, ford ranger, old fords, minivan, Suzuki sid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ricepuddin,
I am not focused on wheel and tire weights. I was more focused on yours and mr nice false facts. You stated an Added 100 pounds on each corner and yes I know how to add. I guess I misread it🤷🏼‍♂️ I just commented it would be more like 10.

I know people will believe this nonsense as wanted to get ride of the fake news. If you want to go with an absurd tire wheel combo like you posted. Well that is your choice, it was just the heaviest combo to show to validate your post.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ricepuddin,
I am not focused on wheel and tire weights. I was more focused on yours and mr nice false facts. You stated an Added 100 pounds on each corner and yes I know how to add. I guess I misread it🤷🏼‍♂️ I just commented it would be more like 10.

I know people will believe this nonsense as wanted to get ride of the fake news. If you want to go with an absurd tire wheel combo like you posted. Well that is your choice, it was just the heaviest combo to show to validate your post.
1)I chose random photos of wheels and tires because you seem confused .

2) show me where I said only tires would add that amount of weight .

3) my facts aren't false . You are focusing on half my statement so you can feel correct.

I am done with this discussion since you can't seem to grasp what I said.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny thing about a warranty, if you never use it, was it really there! My wife's 4 Runner, 2018 (8000 miles now) just had a recall on low fuel pump. That is the first warranty I've ever used. WRX and EVO were tuned and never had issues, plus improved mpg and throttle response, as well as TQ and HP. I am not naïve to believe any vehicle could have an issue that requires a warranty fix, but if it is model wide, a tune will not stop the manufacture from repairing it. I only put tunes on that I trust are safe. Cobb on the WRX, and my own tuning map, conservative, on the EVO X. I will tune this Bronco after a few months and may consider Cobb again, as they are very reputable as someone previously mentioned, and the access-port is so easy. In fact, you can add additional tunes to the access-port from any specialty tuner you choose; or at least it was that way previously!

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Uhhh, mansquatch is coming in 22......
Mansquatch was only added after customer demand, Sasquatch was never meant to come with the manual transmission (probably the strain on the components over time?). I test drove a 4 door badlands manual and it wasn't fast or a dog persay but I'm sure the auto would've felt peppier. I ordered a 2.7 w/ the 10 speed on my Badlands, I don't plan on tuning it for more power so should be fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be fun. I will probably wait until the warranty period is up, but I will eventually tune it.

Cobb has quality, safe tunes that the industry trusts. If Ford has a quality tune that is covered by warranty, I might go that route also.
They have in the past , and they have one for the ranger so I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I know the focus RS Ford tune was done by montune and Cobb , so this maybe the same this time.
Funny thing about a warranty, if you never use it, was it really there! My wife's 4 Runner, 2018 (8000 miles now) just had a recall on low fuel pump. That is the first warranty I've ever used. WRX and EVO were tuned and never had issues, plus improved mpg and throttle response, as well as TQ and HP. I am not naïve to believe any vehicle could have an issue that requires a warranty fix, but if it is model wide, a tune will not stop the manufacture from repairing it. I only put tunes on that I trust are safe. Cobb on the WRX, and my own tuning map, conservative, on the EVO X. I will tune this Bronco after a few months and may consider Cobb again, as they are very reputable as someone previously mentioned, and the access-port is so easy. In fact, you can add additional tunes to the access-port from any specialty tuner you choose; or at least it was that way previously!
I've blown a car up that was tuned and Subaru replaced the motor under warranty. It helps of you have proof that it's a know issue and aren't a dick to the service team.

I've also tuned 7 of my last 10 cars with no issues with either warranty work or things exploding ( except that one WRX)
Those Titan 7 forged wheels are going to be much lighter than anything from the factory.
Yeah I wasn't speaking specifically about those wheels.

Most buyers aren't going to know the difference between flow formed and cast wheels. This they are going to buy the cheapest wheels that are aesthetically pleasing to them, which will probably be heavy cast wheels. And I am not talking about the majority of the people on this forum, I mean everyone else.
Mansquatch was only added after customer demand, Sasquatch was never meant to come with the manual transmission (probably the strain on the components over time?). I test drove a 4 door badlands manual and it wasn't fast or a dog persay but I'm sure the auto would've felt peppier. I ordered a 2.7 w/ the 10 speed on my Badlands, I don't plan on tuning it for more power so should be fine.
The good news is that even if you have no interest in tuning your Bronco, Cobb will make hard parts . Things like more efficient intercoolers that well help with longevity

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't believe all the folks that think tuning this already over worked engine is a good idea. Kiss your warranty good bye. People, read the Ranger/Focus RS forums if you want to see your future.

Why not just get the 2.7?
How about we go with "tune it if you want to" or "don't tune it if you don't want to". Do what you want! Great to have reasoned debate but come on people, and by the way, I will totally tune my 2.3 auto when available.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cobb tunning has a 2.3
Ford Bronco COBB Tuning working on tune and bolt-ons for 2.3L Bronco 1628983687235

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Eco BOOM. *puddle of fluid*
Sponsored