Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was fun to watch. I wonder how the 2.7 would have done against those jeeps.
I just bought a Bronco this weekend. I am absolutely shocked at how peppy the 2.7 is. It even sounds like it growls when I put the pedal to it. I hate to say this, but I am not missing my v8. It's that good IMO.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just bought a Bronco this weekend. I am absolutely shocked at how peppy the 2.7 is. It even sounds like it growls when I put the pedal to it. I hate to say this, but I am not missing my v8. It's that good IMO.
That is exactly what I am hoping for!!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is exactly what I am hoping for!!
My husband was also very skeptical, but he was impressed as well. We both have 5.0s in our F150s. I kept my truck, so when I drive it again I will compare. I feel like there is a lot more pick up at the beginning than with my truck.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My husband was also very skeptical, but he was impressed as well. We both have 5.0s in our F150s. I kept my truck, so when I drive it again I will compare. I feel like there is a lot more pick up at the beginning than with my truck.
The two turbos move the torque curve way up on the 2.7 so that makes sense.

tnaftzger

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Mustang GT, 1974 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah and then throw in the Jeep 3.0 Turbo Diesel so the Ford 2.7 TT can get a spanking. šŸ¤£

Lol very true, I would like to see it all just for fun! Even the 392 just to watch that thing and compare. Obviously no one is buying these to race but just more real world comparisons are always good.

Sponsored

gaspasm

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m sure iā€™m lTe to party but. Enjoyed the demo against jeeps. But i donā€™t want a jeep
How does the 2.3 v 2.7 compare on track. Not that speed is what iā€™m lookin for - but would be best comparison of what to buy. šŸ¤”

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m sure iā€™m lTe to party but. Enjoyed the demo against jeeps. But i donā€™t want a jeep
How does the 2.3 v 2.7 compare on track. Not that speed is what iā€™m lookin for - but would be best comparison of what to buy. šŸ¤”
Nobody ever said ā€œdang, the engine I bought has too much power, wish I had gotten the smaller oneā€
That being said, I ordered a 2.7 šŸ˜

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't know why I click on these drag race videos, even though the context of drag racing Jeeps and Broncos is absurdly stupid...

but I do! :ROFLMAO:

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've owned a 3.6 and now a 2.0T JL Wrangler. The 2.0 is plenty quick and the 2.3 seems basically the same. I never felt a need for anymore power but obviously not much downside to the 2.7.
Sponsored