Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update 8/20:

I finally have the Bronco home 🥳
THANK YOU to all the info, help and support! This Forum is awesome!

When I picked it up the service manager said Ford called every day to check on it. They told the tech how to do the temporary fix until the part gets there. From what I could understand, they have modified the part so it won't rub and they are sending the new one. She said Ford told her about 2 others that had the same issue. She also said that Ford had been following my social media... Thank you @Ford Motor Company for paying attention and listening to your Bronco customers!

Update 8/19:

I FINALLY HAVE SOME NEWS!
Yesterday an engineer from Minnesota called me (after seeing this post)and I explained what happened. He said 3-4 weeks is unacceptable and then called the dealership to make sure they had all the parts they needed. The manager at the dealership called today and said "So we have found the problem. There is a hose in the front that is rubbing and cut a slit in the hose. Ford is pulling the part off the assembly line and sending to us. We are going to cut the hose and put a metal clamp on to clamp them together and that will have you driving again until the part comes in. Im not sure how long it will take before it gets here. We will have you ready tomorrow".
So just a hose... but they are short on mechanics just as everyone said.
Ford also just called me to follow up and said they are sending the parts.
If you have your new bronco you may want to check to make sure it isn't rubbing. I'll update tomorrow with a picture if I can.

My brand new 2021 black diamond over heated today. I have to have it towed to a dealership. It started smoking / fuming. Has this happened to anyone??? It had less than 2k miles

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] DD64B3CB-065B-4E9C-A9D3-88AF5F427601
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My brand new 2021 black diamond over heated today. I have to have it towed to a dealership. It started fuming. Has this happened to anyone??? It had less than 2k miles
Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] DD64B3CB-065B-4E9C-A9D3-88AF5F427601
Would like to know more details about the situation. Looks like its a sasquatch v6 and your in town. Were you simply daily driving it?

Ciscollector

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 F250 Highboy; 2000 LX470; 2017 JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am still awaiting my Bronco but it did happen to my brother’s new Raptor a few years ago. It turns out a clamp wasn’t tightened well enough at the factory and came loose. My brother has had a few quality issues with the Raptor and warned me from day one against getting a Bronco.. I’m hoping he just got a late Friday afternoon build.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brand new 2021 black diamond over heated today. I have to have it towed to a dealership. It started fuming. Has this happened to anyone??? It had less than 2k miles
OH FFS!

20210731_112932.gif

Sponsored

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like I’m going from an Explorer ST that uses coolant to a Bronco that overheats, Whadahail Ford!?!

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I test drove one last week, I could have sworn I was smelling coolant the entire 2 hour drive with the top off....
2hr test drive? My dealer has offered 30min and no off-roading.