Sponsored

Base vs. Badlands Dilemma. Please read then vote!

What does Bronco 6G think?

• Total voters

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Hello all, I have a 2 DR BL on order with a 10/30 reservation. Mid/Sas/Tow.

I have compiled a list of what I would be giving up if I switched to a base (other than Mid package content). This is partly me wanting a smaller payment and a bronco sooner. I don't need a Bronco for anything, but I'm getting antsy.

I have driven a 4 DR. Next week I should see and drive a 2 DR for the first time.
I'm also interested in what the options for 2022 will be.

Please vote and I will take it into consideration.

Screenshot_20210815-095917_Memo.jpg
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With Ford, and Webasto supposedly having the MIC top fiasco settled I not sure you will get your Bronco any sooner sitting on 10/30 reservation. I'm a 10/04 reservation, and let's face it, we're way down the sidewalk, around the corner, and down the road from the masses that reserved before us. So, really it's up to you to get the Bronco you want. After waiting so long you certainly do not want to be driving the wrong Bronco down the road, and thinking I wish.........Good luck with that decision.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going with a Badlands. 2-door, MT, MGV, Lux. Heated seats are a deal-breaker for me. I live in Chicago. And I want ACC. Don't compromise; you will never forgive yourself.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you plan on off-roading in any serious fashion or is this more of a daily driver? Hard to vote without knowing that for sure. If you plan on off-roading.. the Badlands all day.

OP
OP

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Do you plan on off-roading in any serious fashion or is this more of a daily driver? Hard to vote without knowing that for sure. If you plan on off-roading.. the Badlands all day.
I would like to, but I don't know if it will often enough or intense enough to justify the BL.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to, but I don't know if it will often enough or intense enough to justify the BL.
Either way if you’re going Sasquatch, in the end you give up extra armor, rock rails and mod bumpers (if you don’t order it). Tow package isn’t anything special and can be added at u haul or any truck accessories shop. Best bang for the bunk is the Base if the frills inside aren’t an issue for you. I switched from bd to base, got Sasquatch w manual (or at least I will when banks open) added mod bumper and I’m still cheaper than my standard bd. I’ll add rails and tow package aftermarket and still be ahead. The frills are really the deciding factor.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

I have compiled a list of what I would be giving up if I switched to a base (other than Mid package content). This is partly me wanting a smaller payment and a bronco sooner. I don't need a Bronco for anything, but I'm getting antsy.

I have driven a 4 DR. Next week I should see and drive a 2 DR for the first time.

Screenshot_20210815-095917_Memo.jpg
Are you sure your 48,500 for the 4 door Base?
I went 4 door base 2.7 Sasquatch, door storage bags, keyless entry, aux switches. It was built last Friday and my window sticker shows.
Base is 33,995.00
2.7 engine 1,895.00
Sasquatch 4,995.00
storage bags 350.00
keyless entry 110.00
auxiliary switches 195.00
destinantion and delivery 1,495.00
total 43,035.00
less Granger 2,000.00 October special
is 41,035.00
plus Iowa TTL 2,050.00 and 430.00
puts my total out the door 43,515.00
I don't have the mod bumper but it can't be too much $ is it?

OP
OP

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went 4 door base 2.7 Sasquatch, door storage bags, keyless entry, aux switches. It was built last Friday and my window sticker shows.
Base is 33,995.00
2.7 engine 1,895.00
Sasquatch 4,995.00
storage bags 350.00
keyless entry 110.00
total 43,035.00
is 41,035.00
Positive. Give or take a couple 100.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Base is 33,995.00
2.7 engine 1,895.00
Sasquatch 4,995.00
storage bags 350.00
keyless entry 110.00
total 43,035.00
is 41,035.00
Don’t forget, your 2k discount is below invoice, not MSRP if that is what you are using.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base vs. Badlands Dilemma. Please read then vote! Screenshot_20210815-095917_Memo
I was BaseManSquatch until they moved it to 22, decided then to switch to Badlands to get in 21. Well……looks like I might switch back to ManBaseSquatch. Picked up Mid to deal with MGV in the winter but with cloth seats it’s not needed IMO. I do not plan on doing any rock climbing so the sway bar disconnect isn’t a priority. Would rather have the sporty goat. Wouldn’t mind the auto AC or auto locks but…….will save 10k.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in a similar situation.

Have a Badlands Lux on order, but honestly I don’t need the sway bar disconnect. Don’t get me wrong… it’s super cool feature, but I don’t need it.

I’m also looking at the mid/high/lux packages and realizing I don’t care about 80% of the features, and the other 20% are really just “nice-to-haves”. For example… is adaptive cruise control nice to have? Absolutely. Does it make sense to spend $2500 over the high package just so I don’t have to press the brake or gas pedal as often? Eh… probably not.

So once MY2022 hits I’ll probably drop down to *at least* Black Diamond. Probably will go all the way down to base. But waiting to see what the MY2022 features are before I make a decision.

OP
OP

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Have a Badlands Lux on order, but honestly I don’t need the sway bar disconnect. Don’t get me wrong… it’s super cool feature, but I don’t need it.

I’m also looking at the mid/high/lux packages and realizing I don’t care about 80% of the features, and the other 20% are really just “nice-to-haves”. For example… is adaptive cruise control nice to have? Absolutely. Does it make sense to spend $2500 over the high package just so I don’t have to press the brake or gas pedal as often? Eh… probably not.

So once MY2022 hits I’ll probably drop down to *at least* Black Diamond. Probably will go all the way down to base. But waiting to see what the MY2022 features are before I make a decision.
This is where my thoughts are right now.

OP
OP

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldnt

Wouldn't it be something if the green for 2022 was only available for base?
Sponsored