BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's either a loose clamp or a crack in the engine block caused by a bad design in the mold that every Bronco will have. Just kidding.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The turbo RZRs often get too hot at Moab. I had concerns about the Bronco’s temps on technical trails. Ford might be better off at least offering a naturally aspirated version. 6.8???

NPExplorer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Super Crew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry this happened to you OP. I had an issue with a cracked head on a 5.0 F-150 and it was fixed with no further issues. That’s what warranties are for.

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What hysteria?

A guy says his Bronco overheated. Several people replied “yeah, it’s probably a hose clamp”, and a few asked what the driver was doing when it happened. Then there’s the whole joke line about waxing the engine and barbecuing.

That really sucks. Ford has some serious issues to work through. Any info on outside temperature and use conditions? Was it working hard or just going through the paces. 4 or 6 cylinder.
I am still awaiting my Bronco but it did happen to my brother’s new Raptor a few years ago. It turns out a clamp wasn’t tightened well enough at the factory and came loose. My brother has had a few quality issues with the Raptor and warned me from day one against getting a Bronco.. I’m hoping he just got a late Friday afternoon build.
When I test drove one last week, I could have sworn I was smelling coolant the entire 2 hour drive with the top off....
Looks like I’m going from an Explorer ST that uses coolant to a Bronco that overheats, Whadahail Ford!?!
That’s why I cancelled my order and bought a 4Runner that will last forever.
2 thousand miles are you serious. I’ve driven my Tacoma 250k miles and it never left me on the side of the road.

Sponsored

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] CooperativeUnderstatedClumber-size_restricted

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s why I cancelled my order and bought a 4Runner that will last forever.
Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] Screenshot_20210815-184015_Chrome

And that's just the beginning of the list! 😂

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trail Turn Assist claims another Bronco.
:ROFLMAO:

Hope its something minor and you are back in the saddle quickly

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The turbo RZRs often get too hot at Moab. I had concerns about the Bronco’s temps on technical trails. Ford might be better off at least offering a naturally aspirated version. 6.8???
Not sure how accurate your comparison between RZRs and the Bronco is. One of these machines is built to withstand stop-and-go traffic daily driving in Arizona, Texas, and Southern California while the other is most definitely not.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it a coincidence that all Broncos with reported mechanical problems have the 2.7L V6? I haven’t seen any major drivetrain issues with the 2.3L i4 so far.
Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] 55C6DFC2-31F6-402D-B3FE-740150E15B8C

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it a coincidence that all Broncos with reported mechanical problems have the 2.7L V6? I haven’t seen any major drivetrain issues with the 2.3L i4 so far.
Ford Bronco Brand new bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19] 55C6DFC2-31F6-402D-B3FE-740150E15B8C
Other than the guy with the clutch issue whose Bronco has been at the dealer for weeks with no solution in sight?

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is my second post here. I feel bad for the gentlemen who has such an issue with a new vehicle. I have my choices narrowed down to a Jeep Wrangler, 4Runner, and the new Bronco. In the U.S. these are the only body on frame 4WD choices (besides a truck) that are street legal offering true off road capability.

I have been following this forum since it started. I'm reading a quite a few problems with these new generation Broncos. More issues than the average 1st year models of other rigs.

I sure do hope it gets better and the bugs ironed out for those that are getting these rigs. I'm holding off on deciding until these crazy times settle down.

I don't have a problem at all waiting another year or 2 until either most of the issues are worked out or just getting a more reliable 4Runner with a bit less capability than a Wrangler or Bronco. I'm leaning toward the 4Runner but my wife really likes the Bronco.

I'm kind of disappointed with the big three U.S. manufacturers. Ford is not the only one rushing less than reliable models to market.

Why are you even here, Felicia?
lol, that was my initial take, the very definition of trolling
because “shitbirds are gonna shit”
For you guys who are making in fun of this gentlemen plight or some else's choice of rigs, this is not cool at all. Insults, condescending remarks, and name calling is what has prevented me in the past from joining or posting on this forum. It's a bummer Doug the administrator had to remind the community here for this behavior last month.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...e-posting-bronco6g-etiquette.3006/post-698230

And yet members tasteless posts still persists

To Kami the OP, please keep us posted on what the outcome is on your rig. I hope it is not something major and the engine or components were not damaged. Good luck to you Sir. I'm rooting for you getting it fixed and having a lot of enjoyment out of your new rig!!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been following this forum since it started. I'm reading a quite a few problems with these new generation Broncos. More issues than the average 1st year models of other rigs.
Other than the roofs, I haven't really read about systemic problems, most things seem to be fairly isolated. Once we have 20,000k on the road it might be a different story.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there's different levels of mechanical ability with folks but this is about as simple as it gets. Temp gauge fine/no temp dummy light and there's steam=coolant leak. Driving with Temp gauge pegged/Temp dummy light on until steam is visible=overheating.

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands