First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can confirm--not interested in the slightest. Similarly, I hate the adaptive cruise control in my Taco.
The adaptive cruise in the Taco is GOD AWFUL. Not to mention every time I want to turn cruise control on without adaptive cruise, I have to go through the extra step to turn it off every. damn. time.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The adaptive cruise in the Taco is GOD AWFUL. Not to mention every time I want to turn cruise control on without adaptive cruise, I have to go through the extra step to turn it off every. damn. time.
All it does is ride the brakes, it’s really really bad. Like you mentioned, huge fan of having to hold the CC button for 6 minutes to get to the real cruise control.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All it does is ride the brakes, it’s really really bad. Like you mentioned, huge fan of having to hold the CC button for 6 minutes to get to the real cruise control.
Yea it's a terrible system, just like the Taco's "auto high-beam headlights" that flicker on and off constantly if there's a shiny leaf on the side of the road. I've just realized that I've turned all 3 of these driver assist features off since I got it. Auto high-beam, lane-departure warning, and adaptive cruise. They all suck on the Taco.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea it's a terrible system, just like the Taco's "auto high-beam headlights" that flicker on and off constantly if there's a shiny leaf on the side of the road. I've just realized that I've turned all 3 of these driver assist features off since I got it. Auto high-beam, lane-departure warning, and adaptive cruise. They all suck on the Taco.
I was such a dumbass and completely missed the lane departure button on the wheel until my second or third week with it lol.

Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was such a dumbass and completely missed the lane departure button on the wheel until my second or third week with it lol.
Lol! I really tried to leave it on and use it, but I felt like it didn't go off when it should, and it did go off when it shouldn't. The tech on the Taco has just been subpar for me.

47x

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yup. Other than CarPlay I don’t use any of it tbh.
I have the 2019, so no CarPlay... I'm on my second aftermarket head-unit and still completely unhappy. Can't wait to put the stock headunit back in it and kiss the whole thing goodbye.

Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At least we got incredible resale value out of it!
True that! If anyone here is looking to buy a Diamondback with a FrontRunner rack system (for a Roof-Top Tent) pre-installed, hmu! :D

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a 28-year veteran of software development, I have to say some of the "features" I see in modern cars are very annoying. For example, doing much of anything with your GPS is forbidden while driving. This is one of the reasons I was glad to buy a Wrangler with a base audio system and install my own Android unit (NOT Android Auto) in it. I am not limited in anything I do. I would never do it, but I could watch a movie on my 10.2" screen while driving. I'm a little nervous about buying a new Bronco. The tech is very important to me.

nyhcinaz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
wow I'm surprised so many Amish here talking about buying a bronco. I didn't think you guys could even have a car, are you guys going to have a horse tow it around? ?

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I could turn it off in my Denali. Some of these companies need to NOT do the adaptive cruise until they hire some people that know what they are doing.

I see the usefulness of these systems. But, I think they cause me more trouble than help me. I had to laugh one time. This car was turning. But, he was far enough ahead that I really didn’t need to adjust my speed. The vehicle freaks out auto slamming the brakes making my wife’s open drink go all over her. :LOL::ROFLMAO: She was so pissed.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish I could turn it off in my Denali. Some of these companies need to NOT do the adaptive cruise until they hire some people that know what they are doing.

I see the usefulness of these systems. But, I think they cause me more trouble than help me. I had to laugh one time. This car was turning. But, he was far enough ahead that I really didn’t need to adjust my speed. The vehicle freaks out auto slamming the brakes making my wife’s open drink go all over her. :LOL::ROFLMAO: She was so pissed.
Surprisingly in the Taco I've almost forgotten there's auto-braking. That's the one thing I don't think I've had a problem with but one time. Used to have a 2015 Mercedes that would auto-brake in the middle of the road with nobody around, great for a surprise heart attack on a long trip!
Sponsored