Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but what would happen to the friend if he knew about it and didn't say anything? It could be grounds for termination. The dealer is clearly concerned that they will be implicated in flipping the Bronco to an exporter. If they found out the friend knew about it and said nothing, I'm willing to bet they'd fire him. How many friends are you willing to lose your job for?
You COMPLETELY missed my point. Read my post again. I said that the OP shouldn't have told his friend in the first place, especially since the friend works there. Plausible deniability. o_O

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, but what would happen to the friend if he knew about it and didn't say anything? It could be grounds for termination. The dealer is clearly concerned that they will be implicated in flipping the Bronco to an exporter. If they found out the friend knew about it and said nothing, I'm willing to bet they'd fire him. How many friends are you willing to lose your job for?
This is what gets me. If it's a good friend of OP, he wouldn't be including him in this. The guy could be risking his livelihood and possibly litigation if the dealer becomes implicated in selling it to an exporter. That is blatant disregard for someone who trusts you at some level and risking his job to make a quick buck. I get that we all have sob stories and reasons for trying to make some extra cash, but that should never be at the risk of someone else's career.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one seems mad; they just think the OP is a complete scumbag who took a reservation slot from someone to flip…and it’s cool that he may not get to flip it.
Don't think the OP is a scumbag. Just think he got over eager and blew his load.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, that's my prerogative to do so. And I have a right to my bronco that I ordered and I put a deposit on.
Let’s get it straight right here that you don’t have any “rights” to anything. You aren’t buying a vehicle from the government which is where your rights exist.

This dealership and Ford are both private businesses and even if there was a contract, contracts can have clauses that void them; most people just don’t take the time to read and understand the full terms.

Many here may feel that you have the “right” to do what you want with your possession, but that’s just it, you don’t have it in your possession do you?

Sounds like you shot your mouth off too quickly, so in my opinion this is just poetic justice since product flippers are about the worst trend in consumer capitalism.

Hope the dealership sells the Bronco you ordered to someone else who’ll hopefully not overpay, then enjoy owning and driving it through trails and maybe past your house on a regular basis.

The above may sound harsh, but not much sympathy here and this is an enthusiast forum.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, this thread has reached new levels of bitterness and virtue signaling.

OP reserved a Bronco, realized it wasn't right for him financially and decided the best thing to do for him and and his family is to sell it. Yes, he should have taken possession of it first before listing it on ebay but he had a signed contract from the dealer.

GM at my dealership advised me if I didn't want my Oops Bronco to just buy it and flip it. Give the holier than thou damnation a break people. Y'all are embarrassing yourselves.
Apparently, every single one of those people would turn down an offer to buy their bronco at a profit.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally hope the dealership keeps it and sells it. I can't believe I'm saying this and it will probably be the only time I root for a car dealer, ever.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ive got a montage of bourbons in my collection. Pappy is one of them, saving it for a special occasion. But I have 2 different Wellers Special and Full Proof, Eagle Rare, EH, Elijah 18. All bought at retail. It can be done, just takes a little more of a hunt. But I never get upset at the flippers since it makes it that much better when you can get it over them.
Weller reserve and Buffalo Trace are easy to come by here in Texas. The rest of the line at BTD is hard, not impossible, but hard. I have a pretty extensive collection…good enough to make ER and EH taylor and Weller 107 an every day drinker. Never have I sold any nor would I.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You COMPLETELY missed my point. Read my post again. I said that the OP shouldn't have told his friend in the first place, especially since the friend works there. Plausible deniability. o_O
Yes, but you also said you would be pissed at your friend. Maybe the friend should be pissed at him for putting him in an impossible situation.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope the dealership sells the Bronco you ordered to someone else who’ll hopefully not overpay, then enjoy owning and driving it through trails and maybe past your house on a regular basis.

The above may sound harsh, but not much sympathy here and this is an enthusiast forum.
I think it's pure fantasy that the dealer won't mark it up.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the dealer thinks you are selling it to an exporter, they may have good reason to not sell it to you. I'm not certain, but there are dealer agreements between the dealer and certain OEMs that they will not sell to exporters. If they do knowingly sell it to an exporter, there can be extreme fines imposed by the OEM. I don't know that Ford does this specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised.
This is the answer. The government does not play around with dealers and selling to exporters. It is a big problem they have to guard against. I worked at one 5-6 years ago and any decent used car that would show up would get some sketchy e-mail inquiries from people wanting to buy without ever seeing it.

Not saying you are doing this. But the dealer cant be certain. And they aren't going to catch hell from the government because you pulled the trigger too soon to sell.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You got a great “friend”

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
LOL... How about taking it down from eBay? And not try making a buck off of people?
Ford Bronco Dealer not selling me my Bronco B4945059-A6E3-42E5-B33F-B5F695EB97DF
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.