Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks good, but gotta wonder why they didn't answer questions like retail prices, and whether the soft top can be laid all the way back down like the factory soft top. Yes you can take the windows out, but does it lay all the way down?
The Bestop tops are available on the Ford Accessories page. The 4dr Bimini is $299 and the 4dr Twill Trek Top is $2229; there is also a 4dr Vinyl Trek Top for $1579. It does not lay all the way down like the factory soft top.
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Note- It took 4 men to cleanly remove the clamshell by hand.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope Bestop makes a regular square back so I can have a sunrider and safari configuration.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bestop tops are available on the Ford Accessories page. The 4dr Bimini is $299 and the 4dr Twill Trek Top is $2229; there is also a 4dr Vinyl Trek Top for $1579. It does not lay all the way down like the factory soft top.
Thanks!

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks good, but gotta wonder why they didn't answer questions like retail prices, and whether the soft top can be laid all the way back down like the factory soft top. Yes you can take the windows out, but does it lay all the way down?
No, it can't lay all the way back.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One apparent difference is that the factory top lays all the way down outside the rails, while the best top top lays down flat on top of the Rails. Users have reported that the factory top blocks Vision out the back window when it's laid all the way down. But the factory tops rear window is easier to use when loading cargo, or at least the two windows are designed differently for how you can stick stuff out your back window. They are two different designs and which one is better will depend on what you looking for. There's also the question of which is better made or will last longer, since vinyl will apparently age before twill. But to be fair the factory top is pretty cheap. Since my Bronco is still in purgatory I can't speak to any of this first-hand.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like Bestop, but if you only have half the functionality of the OEM soft top (i.e., it doesn't fold all the way open), you can't really rave about how much better it looks - it is apple and oranges. I also don't care for the fastback look - this is a Bronco, you have to be true to the look.
I am sure when my OEM soft top needs replacement, I will look to Bestop, hopefully by then they will have fixed some of these design flaws.

And just to pile on, its not a Jeep (6:58). Either do it right when you shoot it or fix it in editing.

:)

Last edited:

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One apparent difference is that the factory top lays all the way down outside the rails, while the best top top lays down flat on top of the Rails. Users have reported that the factory top blocks Vision out the back window when it's laid all the way down. But the factory tops rear window is easier to use when loading cargo, or at least the two windows are designed differently for how you can stick stuff out your back window. They are two different designs and which one is better will depend on what you looking for. There's also the question of which is better made or will last longer, since vinyl will apparently age before twill. But to be fair the factory top is pretty cheap. Since my Bronco is still in purgatory I can't speak to any of this first-hand.
I have the factory top and I like putting it all the way down. Yes it does partially block the view from the rear, but that has caused me no problems at all since there is a rear camera for backing up.

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@ 7:00 I hear the Bronco referred to as a Jeep.. No, No sir, it's a Bronco! No mistakes allowed!!!:)

Sponsored

LC4Dakar

Outer Banks
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus 7, Land Rover Series 2a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bestop installation instructions for the 2-door top is 40 pages long. The 4-door should be that or more. Most of the lower mounts/seals are sticky-backs, so not removable.
Can’t tell if the hard top will still fit, but it is a poor design if it won’t.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did he just call his Bronco a Jeep? 6:55 😖

Edit: watched the video and posted this, then read the comments. I wasn't the only to catch it.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This in 2-Door would give us 2-door peeps an option for MY21 delivery.

Solutions Ford.... right in front of you.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well this should please Ford - I'll be switching my order to a soft top now since I'll just be scrapping it for a Bestop regardless. Don't need a pile of junk sitting in my garage!

For me - I don't mind that it doesn't go "all the way back" because the only thing not fully exposed is the cargo area and there is still wind flow out of the back. For me I was generally only considering the MIC and if it was done correctly I would really like the ability to remove the front two and middle panels just like the Bestop does. Plus I really dig the look when all of the rear windows are out.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer’s demo unit was a factory soft top, and then one of the salesman had the Bestop for his Bronco. So I can answer some of these.

Few things:

1. Want to do summer / fall swap between the MIC and soft top. Is that even possible given all the additional seals and parts it takes to install this top? Can the seals for instance be removed and reinstalled? Looks great but that swap looked like a beast of a job.
You can switch back and forth, but it’ll probably take a good 15 minutes or so, and you’ll probably want to replace the seals every season.

It took the saleman and I a good 30 minutes to figure it out, but it was our first time and we spent a lot of the time talking about the quality/materials

2. Can the Bimini be taken on and off without removing the Bestop?
We didn’t have the Bimini, so can’t say for certain. But after watching the TFL video, my hunch is the answer is no.

If you can, it’ll be a rather tight fit.

3. I’d like to see more images of the windows. Do they hold form.
I think the Bestop windows are MUCH better than the factory windows. That said, the factory windows have to be a little less “stiff” by design to accommodate the clamshell/kickstand feature.

4. Can the back portion be lifted at all without removing the top? Trunk open, does the top lift for access or not?
The Bestop doesn’t have anything like the kickstand/clam shell feature on the factory top. So if you want to load anything you have to unfasten & flip up the rear window like a more traditional soft top.
Sponsored