Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the photo. Thats the first time I've had a chance to study the rear-most folding top support. Its got lots of bends and pivots to clear (go around) the rear roof support, so I can understand why Besttop tried to make something simpler. But it lays on top, unfortunately.

Does the rear soft top frame member rub or scratch the red roof support? Is there a scratch pad in there? Does it feel sturdy enough to you? My plan from the start is to have two tops, the MIC for off season, the Soft for Summer (hard to define in Coastal SC).
No problem. I can provide closer pics if desired. But sadly I have not had the top all the way down yet (I went on vacation the morning after picking up my Bronco on 8/4 and was gone for a week, and have been catching up since :)). But I've been running like this with windows out and it's a great position that keeps the sun off my head!
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for posting. I have the factory soft top but I love it so far. Much better than the soft top that I had on my 97 TJ Wrangler many years ago. And since it's August and hot I like the "safari" position shown here:

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

This looks totally bad ass. The straps in the back leave a little to be desired for me but overall I think this is how I would ride my bronco (doorless) most of the time. Maybe I don't need the Bestop right away.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would like to keep all the major parts OME...I have yet to see, a two door with the soft top all the way down...Does Ford offer, OME soft tops for the two door? Hopefully, my future two door spec, will be hardtop delete..

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks totally bad ass. The straps in the back leave a little to be desired for me but overall I think this is how I would ride my bronco (doorless) most of the time. Maybe I don't need the Bestop right away.
Thanks. Here are a couple more pics ...

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to keep all the major parts OME...I have yet to see, a two door with the soft top all the way down...Does Ford offer, OME soft tops for the two door? Hopefully, my future two door spec, will be hardtop delete..
Unfortunately there isn't an OEM 2-door soft top. And the Bestop doesn't fold all the way down.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does the bimini cover fit under the hard top or would it have to be removed before reinstalling the top?
Fairly certain I saw in another thread or video that the bimini can stay on with the hard top installed. There are zippers in the bimini at the locations needed to access the hardtop latches.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A.) why were those guys not be using power tools to install the fasteners instead of simple hand tools? It was a little weird to watch
B.) if the top doesn't fold all the way down, what's the point of removing those 2 side windows?
C.) is there a way to store the removable 3 windows in the back while we have a dog back there?

Last edited:

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks great and Best Top does a great job. That said, I like how the factory top locks into place as you put the top back. The Best Top seems like it just flops back. Highway speeds ok?

Sponsored

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bimini is sweet and will be a must have for me in the summer. However, and I might be missing something here, it doesn't seem like the TrekTop soft top is a big improvement over the OEM soft top. It does look better when up but I don't think that's enough reason to switch.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A.) why were those guys not using power tools to install the fasteners instead of simple hand tools? It was a little weird to watch
They were using power tools.

But they they were also showcasing the toolkit that ships with the Bronco. The point is you don’t need any extra tools other than the ones that ship with the Bronco.

B.) if the top doesn't fold all the way down, what's the point of removing those 2 side windows?
Personal preference. It’s just a more open air design.

C.) is there a way to store the removable 3 windows in the back while we have a dog back there?
Not really, no.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Shame you can't order a topless Bronco from Ford, then add a top of your choosing. If you ultimately want a Bestop why should you have to pay for Ford's top only to toss it?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And just to pile on, its not a Jeep (6:58). Either do it right when you shoot it or fix it in editing.
To be fair, even Bestop seems to be confused:

Ford Bronco Bestop TrekTop Soft Top & Bimini install (and hardtop removal) video by TFL besto

:LOL:

Also, can anyone explain to me the difference between a bimini top and a bikini top? And will Bestop be offering a solid-fabric bimini (is that what's called a bikini?) that will keep the rain (mostly) out?
Sponsored