First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you. Just to be clear, this is a design issue on all Broncos. As soon as areas get more rain we are going to see this happening more often.
This is concerning. I'll be taking my soft top to the manual car wash this weekend and hit it at all angles to see if I can force a leak.

I did notice that when I picked up my ride from the dealer last week a small amount of water seemingly coming from the bottom of the A pillar on the drivers side. I didn't think too much of it because we had a strong storm the previous night and they were in and out of it prepping for delivery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is concerning. I'll be taking my soft top to the manual car wash this weekend and hit it at all angles to see if I can force a leak.

I did notice that when I picked up my ride from the dealer last week a small amount of water seemingly coming from the bottom of the A pillar on the drivers side. I didn't think too much of it because we had a strong storm the previous night and they were in and out of it prepping for delivery.
Yes please let us know.

This particular leak is affected/caused much more by water quantity rather than water pressure.

A strong consistent rain will cause it.

I quick high-pressure car wash may not.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes please let us know.

This particular leak is affected/caused much more by water quantity rather than water pressure.

I'll hit it with the sprayer for a full cycle or two and try to simulate a strong rain. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have had a vehicle for over a month, with 100 miles, that I can not drive in the rain.
Sorry to hear about the lengthy delays. At least you still have your Bronco, and you’re not forced to drive a generic loaner for over a month. That would suck even more. :(

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe thats the real reason Ford gave us washout flooring... Give the leaks someplace to drain to!
I know you were making a joke... but the reason why I'm spec'ing the washout floor is because I've owned a Jeep before.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes please let us know.

It is interesting that your a MIC and @straycat is a soft top.

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't a brag, just to add information: I have the soft top for about a month now and have been through many rain storms and power washed off a lot of mud already. I have not tried to abuse the seals, but I have been surprised that only a few drops got in with the high pressure wash from a low angle. I have not had any leaks under normal operation, including torrential downpours at highway speeds. My soft top also seems to have been installed properly, as I have not experienced any of the rubbing others have complained of. Maybe I'm just lucky.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, it is not resolved.

I am still contacted each week to let me know they are working on it (at this point they are working on the new top that everyone is getting). The Plant Manager and Ford FSE were both really nice. The main issue is they do not listen to the customer. They put too much confidence in dealerships that do not know how to work on a vehicle they have never seen. I diagnosed the entire issue but there is no way for me to show them because of insurance reasons. Therefore, all that can be done is we must wait for more of this to happen for them to stumble on a problem.

Need proof that they did not listen to me....both the photos and I said the problem was on the passenger side. They worked up 3 things they wanted to try....all of those things were for the driver's side. None of them worked. One part they wanted to replace was 'overnighted" but did not show up 2 days later. This part would not have worked anyway.

So I have had a vehicle for over a month, with 100 miles, that I can not drive in the rain.
What do you think is causing this? Are we talking about run off water finding it's way to a body seam? Top panel not sealing to the body? This looks like it should be pretty easy to replicate or find with smoke machine/ultrasonic leak detector.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes please let us know.

So I took it to the wash today. Put in my quarters, and sprayed the wand where the roof meets the frame the entire 3 minutes to try and replicate a heavy rain as much as I could. Happy to report no leak coming in. The only water that ended up inside was when I opened the door with a wet roof and dripped in.

I assume now that the reason I had water on the interior before was just user error when the dealership was prepping my Bronco for pick up. If anything changes, I'll be sure to report in a separate thread, since my top is a softy.

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I took it to the wash today. Put in my quarters, and sprayed the wand where the roof meets the frame the entire 3 minutes to try and replicate a heavy rain as much as I could. Happy to report no leak coming in. The only water that ended up inside was when I opened the door with a wet roof and dripped in.

I assume now that the reason I had water on the interior before was just user error when the dealership was prepping my Bronco for pick up. If anything changes, I'll be sure to report in a separate thread, since my top is a softy.
That’s great news! Hopefully mine ends up being a one off!

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just to be clear, this is a design issue on all Broncos.
Unfortunately, it is not resolved. I am still contacted each week to let me know they are working on it
Can I ask a favor please. Next time you talk to Ford, please tell them my 2-door BD @DirtMountain is leaking too.

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s great news! Hopefully mine ends up being a one off!
I've got a leak in the other thread as well. It's not just you.

When does this usually occur? While parked or moving?

Level or slope?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't read every page but looking at the parts list it's showing a tube drain on each A pillar.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 1629717572735

It would make sense to have a leak around the pillar area if the tube was not connected or plugged at the top. This could easily allow water to run inside if this is the only channel for it to drain from the front seal that runs across the top of the windshield.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't read every page but looking at the parts list it's showing a tube drain on each A pillar.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 1629717572735

It would make sense to have a leak around the pillar area if the tube was not connected or plugged at the top. This could easily allow water to run inside if this is the only channel for it to drain from the front seal that runs across the top of the windshield.
Nice investigative work @flip!

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks Flip. The issue is that 502C52 can not handle the amount of water held by the red (can not see part number) gasket at the top of the windshield.

When the vehicle is level, both 502C52's handle the water fine, but with a slight shift in angle to either side the water overwhelms either port and overflows the foam dam at the end of each side of the red gasket. Once that happens the water comes inside.
Sponsored