Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed a stainless nutsert in the bumper so I could put my front plate somewhere other than the most ridiculous place possible! Ie where Ford decided to put it.

FYI, they just use license plate screws into the body coloured trim under the grill.

I'm assuming I might get a little rust from the hole I drilled in the bumper but at least it's a little less ridiculous.

Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper 20210819_102749
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper 20210819_102749

I installed a stainless nutsert in the bumper so I could put my front plate somewhere other than the most ridiculous place possible! Ie where Ford decided to put it.
FYI, the just use license plate screws into the body coloured trim under the grill.
I'm assuming I might get a little rust from the hole I drilled in the bumper but at least it's a little less ridiculous.
Looks much better there, however I don’t want to drill into my bumper. There’s so many bolts on this thing, I’ll wait until an aftermarket side mount plate comes out (not one for the shackle point). But I do like the placement for your plate - Also, it’s a BC plate, so I’m bias :)

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does it look like from the factory? Is it a permanent bracket mounted in the grill? Can the factory mounting points be removed?

OP
OP

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does it look like from the factory? Is it a permanent bracket mounted in the grill? Can the factory mounting points be removed?
It's just screwed right into a plastic body coloured trim. With big coarse thread screws. Kind of leaves a mess but it's kind of underneath.

Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're worried about rust just take the screws out, hit it with some black paint, and then put it back.
If you want to avoid paint you could even slap some generic grease on there.

PowerTools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab, 2003 SportTrac
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just move to North Carolina. We don't need a front plate. Or move to South Carolina, need no front plate and have no vehicle inspection.
PSA: If you're driving around SC, you'll see some crazy stuff that shouldn't be allowed on the road.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper E585D1C8-E276-4489-8320-E8EF97B0FAE4

FYI, the just use license plate screws into the body coloured trim under the grill.
Looks 100% better than where Ford would have you mount it. If you keep an eye on the holes and treat them when you begin to see rust then not gonna be a huge issue. Well worth not going with Ford's advice. 😂

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just move to North Carolina. We don't need a front plate. Or move to South Carolina, need no front plate and have no vehicle inspection.
PSA: If you're driving around SC, you'll see some crazy stuff that shouldn't be allowed on the road.
I live in Tennessee's largest county and we dumped them 5 years. Now, 20% of cars look like they're held together with hope and a prayer.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that’s great advice! Hey OP you should definitely move from beautiful British Columbia to the muggy, humid southeast coast of America so you don’t have to have a plate. South Carolina? 46th in crime and 42nd in healthcare and top 5 for hurricanes? Sounds like a dream come true, especially with those summers! Sign me up!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This harkens back to the simpler days when men were men, and sheep were scared. And when you wanted to modify your car to your personal tastes yourself, you just did so without bitching about it.

Meanwhile, in my garage... Making a custom interior for the '51 myself, learning along the way.

Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper interior stripped

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah the Ford plate mount is horrible. I made two different brackets and it took two adjustments to the second one, but I finally got one that works/looks good.
Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper PXL_20210806_214306498
Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper PXL_20210803_230703957
Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper PXL_20210802_223920514

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This harkens back to the simpler days when men were men, and sheep were scared. And when you wanted to modify your car to your personal tastes yourself, you just did so without bitching about it.

Meanwhile, in my garage... Making a custom interior for the '51 myself, learning along the way.

interior stripped.jpg
I believe it was "when men wore hats and the sheep were nervous"! lol

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the Ford plate mount is horrible. I made two different brackets and it took two adjustments to the second one, but I finally got one that works/looks good.
Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper PXL_20210802_223920514
This is my plan as well, nicely done!