First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in Nevada we only have to have one if there is a factory mounting surface. If there is no mounting location no plate needed. That sucker is gone!
Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

20210819_102749.jpg

I installed a stainless nutsert in the bumper so I could put my front plate somewhere other than the most ridiculous place possible! Ie where Ford decided to put it.
FYI, the just use license plate screws into the body coloured trim under the grill.
I'm assuming I might get a little rust from the hole I drilled in the bumper but at least it's a little less ridiculous.
Do they Use Salt in BC?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah the Ford plate mount is horrible. I made two different brackets and it took two adjustments to the second one, but I finally got one that works/looks good.
PXL_20210806_214306498.jpg
PXL_20210803_230703957.jpg
PXL_20210802_223920514.jpg
you might wipe that off crossing any obstacle larger than a mall's parking stop...

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

in Nevada we only have to have one if there is a factory mounting surface. If there is no mounting location no plate needed. That sucker is gone!
KC lites, cactus smasher, sorry no room!🤷

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the Ford plate mount is horrible. I made two different brackets and it took two adjustments to the second one, but I finally got one that works/looks good.
PXL_20210806_214306498.jpg
PXL_20210803_230703957.jpg
PXL_20210802_223920514.jpg
Wow I really like this! You should consider selling them… I would buy one!

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you might wipe that off crossing any obstacle larger than a mall's parking stop...
It actually has 15.5" of ground clearance, much more than the skid plate. This thing cost too much to go bashing it off road anyway. I did test it for clearance on this rock pile and it was fine.
Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper IMG_8870

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It actually has 15.5" of ground clearance, much more than the skid plate. This thing cost too much to go bashing it off road anyway. I did test it for clearance on this rock pile and it was fine.
Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper IMG_8870
You could always put some kind a quick connects, take it off when you go Offroad

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could always put some kind a quick connects, take it off when you go Offroad
I made it out of 3/16" steel so it's actually pretty stout. Yes a good bashing on a rock or log would take it out, but its not going to see that.

Sponsored

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Living in Illinois for a few more years I needed a front plate. This is sitting in a box on my desk , waiting for my 22 to put it on. When that time comes I'll be waiting at my dealer to make sure they don't mount it on that ridiculous spot Ford told them to.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMG_8870.jpg
Nice. Show em how it's done.

Did you by any chance write down the dimensions? I'd be interested in making one and it looks like you did some good configuring already.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does it look like from the factory? Is it a permanent bracket mounted in the grill? Can the factory mounting points be removed?
There are two factory front plate mounts... one for the steel modular bumper, and one for the plastic bumper.

Both are a plastic mounting bracket that screws into the trim below the grill. The plate is set in and attached to it.

If OP's dealership just screwed the plate directly into the trim, they did it wrong.

Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper ford-bronco-front-license-plate-zoomed
Ford Bronco Mod #1 Srsly Ford. Mounted front license plate by drilling front bumper 2021 Bronco front license plate mounted

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, that’s great advice! Hey OP you should definitely move from beautiful British Columbia to the muggy, humid southeast coast of America so you don’t have to have a plate. South Carolina? 46th in crime and 42nd in healthcare and top 5 for hurricanes? Sounds like a dream come true, especially with those summers! Sign me up!
Please, please, please don't go. Enjoy your coastal Colorado winters.
Sponsored