Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1st it was a mod tops, then it was the MIC tops and now we can get a soft top, All the while the commodities that come standard on Wildtrack like sasquatch package are being used for the lesser trim levels while the Wild Trak orders set in limbo what a bunch of shit
Sponsored

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

interesting... that means that no models will have the Mod top as standard. I think that is the last nail in the coffin of Mod tops. They won't be coming in 2023 or ever is my guess.
[/QUOT
1st it was a mod tops, then it was the MIC tops and now we can get a soft top, All the while the commodities that come standard on Wildtrack like sasquatch package are being used for the lesser trim levels while the Wild Trak orders set in limbo what a bunch of shit
AMEN

BuckeyeDuramax

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same for me... I went with a WildTrak build [over a Badlands] because things I wanted came standard. However, if MY21 WildTrak MIC top is standard, will we have to modify the order to include the MY22 optional MIC...

Wait, I have an idea... what about the Modular Top that was advertised in all the cool videos and show reveals?! For those who have been around long enough, you might recall the WildTrak came standard with the Modular hard top. #thingsthatmakeyougohmmm
EXACTLY

BuckeyeDuramax

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FORD CONTINUES TO SUCK ASS THROUGH A STRAW ON THESE DEBACLESā€¦. They only invented the modern day vehicle for shit sake. Oh but thereā€™s an ā€œoff rodeoā€ 2,000 miles away & plenty of cool pics re: bronco stand alone POS EXPERIENCE BUILDINGS THAT WILL BE UP nā€™ running well before my21ā€™ orders are filled in 2025, so thatā€™s awesome.
Pound Sand Ford!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
letā€™s have a huge traditional antenna rather than the popular shark fin or whatever elseā€¦. But have Sirius signal cut out everywhere but the highway, with worse signal than my 2018 non Fordā€¦.

sorry I need a snickers šŸ˜¢
The huge traditional antenna is only for AM-FM. The Sirius antenna is up on the rear bar.
Ford Bronco News: 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Will Get Soft Top Standard in MY22 ante

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about putting a soft top on the WT 21ā€™ sitting on dirt mountain. Itā€™s already prewired for a hard top! Why Ford isnā€™t giving the option to the bad MIC owners in purgatory is beyond me.
This has been explained many times. Once they assign a VIN and a window sticker, it has to be built exactly to those specs.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They have another 16 months to fill existing orders by the end of MY22. That question wasn't about upcoming orders, it was about ones that had already been placed. And specifically about orders for only one of six trims!
Yes, one of 6 trims being Wildtrak. Ford told us Wildtrak is not gonna happen in 21. I guess that's still not good enough for some.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I donā€™t want to do it. I think Iā€™m going to pick up a Jeep until they get this s**t storm figured out.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So.. For anyone that currently has a bad MIC topā€” As soon as I get my WT with a soft top next year, I will purchase your poor quality MIC top (as a backup for me) when you get your new MIC top replaced.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This has been explained many times. Once they assign a VIN and a window sticker, it has to be built exactly to those specs.
So since mine is already built and sitting on dirt mountain, why couldnā€™t they let owners opt for a soft top? Seems easier than waiting for a mythical top to be designed, tested, manufactured and then installed.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So.. For anyone that currently has a bad MIC topā€” As soon as I get my WT with a soft top next year, I will purchase your poor quality MIC top (as a backup for me) when you get your new MIC top replaced.
That opens up the question of what will Ford's requirements be? I'm guessing they'll want it returned or in field cases have the dealer destroy them.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So since mine is already built and sitting on dirt mountain, why couldnā€™t they let owners opt for a soft top? Seems easier than waiting for a mythical top to be designed, tested, manufactured and then installed.
That's the problem, it's already built. It has a VIN and window sticker. It would considered fraud to alter the build. If it were possible for Ford to do this, it would be a big savings for them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This move means Ford anticipates MIC issues well into the new model year.
Even if they magically were able to make the MIC top flawlessly in October, they are still 117,000 hard tops behind. So, if they can build 450 a day, that would take a full year just for existing orders.

Once the tooling is proved out and making good parts (whenever that is) they will have the challenge of ramping up production. Until Webasto gets to 800-1000 good tops a day, the backlog is just going to drag and drag.

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get it Mark. I hope Ford doesn't screw up the price protection so you can get yours with a hard top. I'm guessing this isn't all about Ford being kind to the customer. Moving to a standard soft top on the Wildtrak will also show a profit for Ford. We know the hard top will be an extra cost option for those ordering a Wildtrak from here on out.
Agreed. Itā€™s this kind of shenanigans that led me to cancel my order this afternoon (with a day 1 reservation). I hated to do it, but Iā€™m moving on at this point. Super bummed by it, but I canā€™t get what I want until 2023 anyways.
Sponsored