Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Demanded by Enthusiasts And Inspired by its Heritage, Eruption Green Paint Option Set for 2022 Bronco; Hot Pepper Red Too | Ford Media Center

Bronco_Eruption Green_01.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 20, 2021
– Packed with the latest off-road technology, the Ford Bronco’s early years are the inspiration for new Bronco color choices for the 2022 model year.

Ford Bronco color and materials designers developed Eruption Green Metallic as a modern interpretation of Mallard Green, which was featured on first-generation Bronco models in the early- to mid-1970s.

“Automotive enthusiasts, and especially Bronco fans, are passionate about colors and will be excited about Eruption Green,” said Barb Whalen, Ford color and materials manager. “Paint has a wonderful way of evolving because of technology. Eruption Green is a contemporary color, but there’s a connection with Bronco heritage. It’s evergreen-inspired, with yellow highlights that really tie it into nature.”

The first-generation Bronco (1966-1977) is the featured vehicle at this year’s Woodward Dream Cruise. Bronco brand took the opportunity to debut the new Eruption Green color to the audience at the world’s largest one-day automotive event, as well as the new-for-2022 Hot Pepper Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.

Both Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red Metallic will be available for every Bronco series in the lineup.

Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic and Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat will be available exterior color options until the end of the 2021 model year. Orders for 2022 Bronco two- and four-door, including with Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red, will open later this year.

Bronco_Eruption Green_03.jpg

Bronco_Eruption Green_02.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_04.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_05.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_06.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_07.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_08.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_09.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_10.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_11.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_12.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_13.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_14.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_15.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_16.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_17.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_18.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_19.jpg

More Eruption Green video & pics:

e7078df4-8a31-4422-ba12-3c5a1bfb696a-jpeg.jpg

d8ce7e22-5baa-4278-8d2a-49c9011bddc4-jpeg.jpg

3d930f21-3081-40ee-b7ec-d9bf5547471d-jpeg.jpg

E9Re6b4X0AIRK96.jpeg

E9Re6byWUAM5lOH.jpeg

For good looks at Hot Pepper Red, see it on the Ford Maverick:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hot-pepper-red-maverick-club.219/

Hot Pepper Red Metallic CGI image mined by @JBowles

1629416586441-png.png

2022-Inspiration-Mallard-Green.jpg.jpg
I'm all in on green.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I actually have a tough choice now. I ordered A51, but I do like the green. Reminds me of my old Defender in British Racing Green. Wish I’d not parted with it. But looking forward to the Bronco, if and when it arrives…
B4DBDEA3-E705-4985-A987-C027DC02D842.jpeg
I am a Jaguar fan. Owned a couple of older ones. (XJS and XJ12L) Love BRG but the Bronco green is metallic. I'm not feeling it.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New to Bronco, not to Ford. This color has been around a few years already. Escape, Ranger, etc.
Almost like the 98 forest green i had on my m.ustang

Sponsored

Wrkd4it

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2016 F350,1996 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So those of us pushed to 2022 that ordered Antimatter blue don’t have a choice but to choose again? Really Ford? How about an exception for us little ol’ people who got pushed back?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So those of us pushed to 2022 that ordered Antimatter blue don’t have a choice but to choose again? Really Ford? How about an exception for us little ol’ people who got pushed back?
Pushed how? If you’re 99 then maybe. If you place your order in the MY22 window then no. If you have a current order then you’re good.

Sponsored

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the green color. Don’t understand the name but its close enough to Mallard i’m all in. I don’t understand the complaining on Antimatter Blue as if you chose black you basically have the same thing. It was just too dark. Rapid Red is great on my F150 but haven’t seen to many delivered Broncos in that color too judge it with the tops. Lightning Blue was late addition and always a one year deal with FE’s.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford says they listened to customers.........
The last I remember, we didn't just want "a" green, but satin or matte finish Olive Drab Green. What about satin or matte finish Desert Tan as well? If you say this is a dedicated off-roader, how about an industry first "bedliner clear coat? What about Sky or Robin Egg Blue? What about a "Burn Your Eyes Out Yellow" or "Blazing Orange" instead if 50 shades of gray? Ford is playing it way too safe with colors. The only plain colors that should be offered on a Bronco are white, black, and one shade of gray, preferably "Lead Foot Gray" like on the F150.
Yeah I wish they would give us colors like that.

I think they’re probably running into the realities of economics and the fact that Bronco shares an assembly plant with Ranger. An olive drab green, for example, would probably sell decently on Bronco, but likely won’t sell well at all on Ranger. Whereas Eruption Green is a color they can sell across product lines—Bronco, Mustang, etc.

If we do get colors like that, it’ll probably be a special edition or limited trim level with a hefty markup.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be the last straw for me. I loved the rapid red. The new red is too orange for my tastes.
True, it is a bit more orange which is actually why I like it. To each his own though. I did find it odd that they had for 2021 two shades of red and one shade of yellow but none really had the orange shades (even though they had "Orange" as part of the title in Cyber Orange; though lets face it, that is basically metallic yellow).
Sponsored