Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Landrover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Down goes AMB and Rapid Red 😬
I really don't understand the point in adding a different red. They really should have come up with a more exciting color. Was really hoping for a vintage hue something much more fun.

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it makes you feel better (it probably won't)... when I pulled up to one of my local dealers who has an anti-matter blue Bronco demo unit I thought the dealer had lied to me and it was actually shadow black.

Unfortunately it does not look like blue on a cloudy day, it essentially looks like a ultra dark purple / black color. I could only see the blue in it after I shined my light on it and looked at an angle. The dealer said it looks a lot better on sunny days, but after seeing these photos and seeing the color in real life I instantly switched my order to cactus gray.

The rendered pictures for anti-matter blue look fricken' amazing, but it doesn't translate well to real life (which is probably why they canceled it).

I'm with you, but it was the most requested color. That said, I think most people were hoping more for a Boxwood Green color.
I agree. The day I picked up my VB Bronco, there was an AMB Bronco there as well and I was so glad I went with velocity blue over antimatter blue. I am a huge fan of blue cars and Antimatter blue was seriously just a black car. I like black cars as well, but if I wanted a black car I would just get actual black paint. So I definitely understand them removing AMB from the list.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree. The day I picked up my VB Bronco, there was an AMB Bronco there as well and I was so glad I went with velocity blue over antimatter blue. I am a huge fan of blue cars and Antimatter blue was seriously just a black car. I like black cars as well, but if I wanted a black car I would just get actual black paint. So I definitely understand them removing AMB from the list.
It's fancy black

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If my memory serves me, lightning blue left ford in 2018. I was surprised they brought it back. I bet they brought it back just to say we gave the FE a special color. Maybe they had enough left to cover anyone that wanted that color for their FE?

I wish velocity was going, and lightning blue would trickle down to all other trims.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If my memory serves me, lightning blue left ford in 2018. I was surprised they brought it back. I bet they brought it back just to say we gave the FE a special color. Maybe they had enough left to cover anyone that wanted that color for their FE?
yep. 2019 switched to velocity. What’s funny is that AMB is on the 2022 super duty and velocity blue was dropped for atlas blue.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So all of us pushed to 22 model can’t order a blue bronco ?????

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hot Pepper Red?!?! Who asked for this color
reminds me of those colors you would see in the early 80's. you know the kind you would never pick out yourself but you were forced to drive as your older, used first car, as the color was always on a a pos car nobody wanted.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
True, it is a bit more orange which is actually why I like it. To each his own though. I did find it odd that they had for 2021 two shades of red and one shade of yellow but none really had the orange shades (even though they had "Orange" as part of the title in Cyber Orange; though lets face it, that is basically metallic yellow).
Indeed. I love rapid in the sun, but when it's not in direct sunlight it looks lipstick red. That's why I kept waffleing on it. My dealers mannequin is rapid Red. One day it's looks awesome, the next it's just a dull "minivan" red. I like hot pepper in both direct sun and the shade.

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Classic forum/online community. After AMB gets absolutely ragged on here suddenly everyone thinks it’s the best thing ever & is going to die without it 🙄 The take rate was super low, it looks like black in everything but direct sunlight (saw a Bronco in person with it), it’s extremely hard to paint match and gets dirty very easily.

I do kind of wish we got a lighter green but waiting for final judgement, might go very well with white top. Prefer rapid red over the new one announced and really would have preferred Brittany blue above all else. Hopefully ‘23 with when mod tops come have even more interesting options.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
AMB is a color choice in the 2021 Raptor. Based on the survey on the raptor forum, only code orange was ordered more. I wonder if ford is taking it away for the 2022 raptor?

yep. 2019 switched to velocity. What’s funny is that AMB is on the 2022 super duty and velocity blue was dropped for atlas blue.