Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wonder how the sales figures of Gladiator compare to Wrangler... it has sort of created it's own market, but I'm not certain how "deep" that market is. Sure, Jeep fans are frothing at the mouth over it - as they do about anything new from Jeep - but I don't know if Gladiator sales are conquests from other brands or if they are stealing directly from Wrangler instead of boosting overall brand numbers. I've only seen one locally, and there are tons of Wranglers around here.

I'm sure Ford is watching those numbers closely if they are even remotely considering jumping back into the micro-bed pickup market. I have my doubts that they'll make a Bronco pickup because I don't think the market is there, but it would speak volumes of Ford's intentions toward dominating Jeep if they do.
jeep-gladiator-sales-stats-png.png

Current sales numbers put it up in 4th place. Not bad for a truck with one configuration (4 doors, short bed) and the most expensive of the group.

Also saw this quote on another site: "FCA was estimating "15% of Wrangler sales" would go Gladiator, but in Q3 that number is actually closer to 27%."
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think you'll get a lot of Taco people switching to Jeep, but I could be wrong. It will be an interesting game to watch.
I am one that came from a Taco to the Gladiator...I was disappointed with the new Ranger but the Bronco Truck could be the one to take me out of my Gladiator Rubicon...

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love if they made this with the same capability the Avalanche had to expand the bed as needed

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
prolly a ranger option. these engines suck for truck, the pentastar and 2.3 eco. just saying.

Ford Bronco Ford patents removable top for (Bronco?) pickup aimed at Gladiator jl1

Sponsored

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone took the trouble to post this on at least 2 threads with no details of what's going on.
Oh yeah that's a gladiator breaking down. It 6 months old and took 4 days to replace an aux battery thats hidden under 2 layers of fuses.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If they made a two door, i ould buy it...

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I suspect the only "Bronco Pickup" we're likely to see is the compact Courier/Ranchero one.

Making a second Ford midsize pickup seems far fetched unless some spectacular sales figures come out of the next few quarters sales figures for Ranger and Gladiator. Right now they're both being outsold by an ancient Nissan Frontier AFAIK.
3rd small pick up if you count Ranger, Maverick and this Bronco Truck. Too many
Sponsored