First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
$4k?!?!?! holy crap, I'd have an aneurysm at that cost for the factory top.

Bestop lists their fastback Trektop at 1/3 the price and frankly looks way better.

https://www.bestop.com/products/trektop-21-22-bronco/

While it says coming soon, have you asked them about this version?
Yeah I have my name on the list where it says coming soon. But I still want to get this top fixed I hate to fill the landfills with something that can be fixed just a small part!
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks! Ain't one of us that hasn't been bit by a momentary lapse of attention.

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ohhh I saw the first post but you actually broke the soft top assembly so even with a new soft top you would have nothing to attach it to?
Actually the header bar that goes across the top, and it's a separate composite piece if you look at the bronco that can be attached and removed with some torque screws for replacement. It is a completely separate replaceable piece, I just have to find the right person to find the part.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually the header bar that goes across the top, and it's a separate composite piece if you look at the bronco that can be attached and removed with some torque screws for replacement. It is a completely separate replaceable piece, I just have to find the right person to find the part.
@flip

Are you in this thread? Any idea on these part numbers to help him out? 4K seems astronomical.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip

Are you in this thread? Any idea on these part numbers to help him out? 4K seems astronomical.
4K is about right. He’s going to have to buy the whole frame and transfer everything over. You can’t buy a complete factory top at this time and if parts were available, would run around $9K.

I posted parts in a thread where someone was asking about buying a factory top.

The piece the OP needs is NOT available to dealers. Only way to get is the assembly right now. Only possibility would be the vehicle is at the dealer and someone high up in engineering or Ford mgt could have that part pulled from the supplier. I’ve not seen it happen but not saying it couldn’t.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4K is about right. He’s going to have to buy the whole frame and transfer everything over. You can’t buy a complete factory top at this time and if parts were available, would run around $9K.

Yikes! Thanks sir!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I can't believe Ford would do this to Insurance Companies? In the end we consumers pay with higher rates. Really sad as BesTTop makes then sells the frames to Ford to install in the line. The fact Ford is telling BestTop they can't sell parts to consumers directly and they must go through Ford is also a ripoff to the consumer.

I've got two of Ford's newest Vehicles in my Garage, a MachE and our Bronco. I really can't believe this is how they intend to treat customers? I'm shocked really. I do hope this is wrong.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't believe Ford would do this to Insurance Companies? In the end we consumers pay with higher rates. Really sad as BesTTop makes then sells the frames to Ford to install in the line. The fact Ford is telling BestTop they can't sell parts to consumers directly and they must go through Ford is also a ripoff to the consumer.

I've got two of Ford's newest Vehicles in my Garage, a MachE and our Bronco. I really can't believe this is how they intend to treat customers? I'm shocked really. I do hope this is wrong.
I thought the OE top was all Webasto? And yes, it’s complete BS what it costs and the availability, or lack there of. I think a lot of the cost is labor to skin the canvas, associated parts and transfer them to the new one. The canvas is going to have to come off either way and if the metal frame isn’t bent, if it was mine, would try to have the composite part repaired.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At some point, I am sure you would be able to get this part fairly easily, and even potentially from a competitor.
Your situation is more of an issue [right now] because you did this so early.

This is why I bought another TJ to rock crawl in. I am positive it's going to be a battle with the dealerships if people break driveline components doing what the Bronco is advertised doing. Combined with the fact that replacement parts are going to be an issue for a while.

On the Positive side, that is saving me $11,000 as I switched from a Badlands to a BaseSquatch.

I've done some crazy trail repairs. We used a cut up Coke can and JB Weld to get a vehicle with a hole in their oil pan home once.
I almost wonder if a combination of Gorilla Glue and Gorilla Tape could hold that together for a while.

OP
OP
regularbronco

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At some point, I am sure you would be able to get this part fairly easily, and even potentially from a competitor.
Your situation is more of an issue [right now] because you did this so early.

This is why I bought another TJ to rock crawl in. I am positive it's going to be a battle with the dealerships if people break driveline components doing what the Bronco is advertised doing. Combined with the fact that replacement parts are going to be an issue for a while.

On the Positive side, that is saving me $11,000 as I switched from a Badlands to a BaseSquatch.

I've done some crazy trail repairs. We used a cut up Coke can and JB Weld to get a vehicle with a hole in their oil pan home once.
I almost wonder if a combination of Gorilla Glue and Gorilla Tape could hold that together for a while.
Really positive post! We reserved a First Edition and then went Badlands when we were told the top wast going to be painted. We put all the heavy duty parts bash plates mod bumper but have Manual marine grade vinyl seats and regular cruise control, kept the 4 door at $53k so about $14k less than FE.

We appreciate the commodity issues you brought up and it makes sense completely. I have been looking up Pc-7 as a repair option. Thank you for your time and advice.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

**Thanks to a Forum member, found out "BestTop" NOT ACCURATE, 28 AUG WAS TOLD WEBASTO makes the soft top for Ford to assemble. Webasto doesn't sell to customers, must go through Ford. The part I broke is the Header Assembly, still need the Ford Part Number??? Help is appreciated!!
*18 Aug Updated pics*
**Really need Part number help from forum*

So just two weeks into ownership of my Bronco I broke the Soft Top!

The Broncos been great, from wading into the gulf extracting a Waverunner, to hauling luggage and passengers to and from the airport with ease, and swallowing a flatbed full Sam's club items it's cavernous cargo area!

In exchange for it's fantastic abilities and service I give my bronco a big thank you by smashing my soft top into my garage wall. I probably would have been better off had the bronco been safely held at the Michigan Assembly plant!

I wonder if there's a part number for just the composite panel at the hardware screws into?

View attachment 161136

View attachment 161137

View attachment 161142

View attachment 161143

View attachment 161147

View attachment 161148

View attachment 161149

View attachment 161150
Check out this guy’s story:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...replacement-because-of-one-missing-clip.22729
Sponsored