Sponsored

My wife and I are planning to make our Bronco our only vehicle. My wife is only 4’11”. Does anyone think this will be an issue, reaching pedals..etc

HotRod13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep/86 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife and I are planning to make our Bronco our only vehicle. My wife is only 4’11”. Does anyone think this will be an issue, reaching pedals..etc
Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope! My Gf is 4’10”, she felt completely comfortable sitting inside the First Editing and Badlands.
Ford Bronco My wife and I are planning to make our Bronco our only vehicle. My wife is only 4’11”. Does anyone think this will be an issue, reaching pedals..etc 10C8555C-632A-4F76-944A-B3D20D854010
Ford Bronco My wife and I are planning to make our Bronco our only vehicle. My wife is only 4’11”. Does anyone think this will be an issue, reaching pedals..etc 06CB670E-78EB-4114-A8A2-4E65C39F8EB1

OP
OP

HotRod13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep/86 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Base
no but you will need some rails to get in, especially if you go sas.
Got a base model commin , but still a good idea . Thanks
Nope! My Gf is 4’10”, she felt completely comfortable sitting inside the First Editing and Badlands.
10C8555C-632A-4F76-944A-B3D20D854010.jpeg
06CB670E-78EB-4114-A8A2-4E65C39F8EB1.jpeg
10C8555C-632A-4F76-944A-B3D20D854010.jpeg
06CB670E-78EB-4114-A8A2-4E65C39F8EB1.jpeg
Awesome thanks for the pictures, thanks

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife is 5' on a good day, and she can drive my Jeep just fine. But, she does need the side step to get inside. I'm sure the seat in the Bronco will go high enough, and close enough for her to be comfortable.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is 4'11".

Tree smashed her Focus a few months ago, so we recently went shopping. The initial plan was to have her drive my Bronco while I continued to drive my high-MPG daily driver to work and back. (Those planned changed after the most recent delays.)

She tried the dealers unit... Wildtrak with Sasquatch. No problem with the pedals, but she said she felt super high off the ground and couldn't really see the road in front of her. It also really bothered her that she didn't have a clear view out the back due to the spare tire.

Worth noting that the only type of vehicle she's driven is compact cars, and has never driven a truck/SUV/crossover before. So if your wife is comfortable driving trucks/SUVs... she'll probably already have a level of comfort that my wife does not have.

But regardless, if your dealer has a demo unit (most do), I'd definitely go check it out.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Side steps/grab handle 👍🏻
I'd be more worried about sitting that close to an airbag though!
Many new vehicles have seat track position sensors that won’t deploy the airbag if somebody is sitting too close. Unless it’s an extremely severe impact then it’ll deploy no matter what.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many new vehicles have seat track position sensors that won’t deploy the airbag if somebody is sitting too close. Unless it’s an extremely severe impact then it’ll deploy no matter what.
Good to know! 👍🏻
It's also prudent to keep the steering wheel/telescopic as far from you as comfortable...
I always go with the Italian sports car, straight arm approach 😂

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife is 4’11”. We are getting a manual. She has sat in a manual and is stretching to get the clutch pedal fully depressed.

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m 4’11 on a good day also!! I’m getting a Non-Sas Badlands 2 door. This will be my everyday driver!!! I was super comfortable in the Bronco. I’m undecided on the side steps only because I love the look without them but function will definitely weigh more than aesthetics for me.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife is 5'9" and she had trouble getting into a SAS model. The grab handle on the side of the dash wasn't in a good place to work well to help her climb in. Of course, have to consider that we are retirement age, so what she expects and what she's willing to put up with is different from someone much younger. Initially I hoped a non-SAS Badlands would be ok, but realistically it's only 1.25" shorter. My solution is the Rock Slide Engineering automatic step rock rails (for $2k). Oh well. Pretty sure your wife will need side steps to be comfortable and not have to jump in each time.

BTW, we found the seat height relative to the door sill height is much higher in the Bronco than in the Jeep.

OP
OP

HotRod13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep/86 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife is 5'9" and she had trouble getting into a SAS model. The grab handle on the side of the dash wasn't in a good place to work well to help her climb in. Of course, have to consider that we are retirement age, so what she expects and what she's willing to put up with is different from someone much younger. Initially I hoped a non-SAS Badlands would be ok, but realistically it's only 1.25" shorter. My solution is the Rock Slide Engineering automatic step rock rails (for $2k). Oh well. Pretty sure your wife will need side steps to be comfortable and not have to jump in each time.

BTW, we found the seat height relative to the door sill height is much higher in the Bronco than in the Jeep.
Good to know , thanks

OP
OP

HotRod13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep/86 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife is 4'11".

Tree smashed her Focus a few months ago, so we recently went shopping. The initial plan was to have her drive my Bronco while I continued to drive my high-MPG daily driver to work and back. (Those planned changed after the most recent delays.)

She tried the dealers unit... Wildtrak with Sasquatch. No problem with the pedals, but she said she felt super high off the ground and couldn't really see the road in front of her. It also really bothered her that she didn't have a clear view out the back due to the spare tire.

Worth noting that the only type of vehicle she's driven is compact cars, and has never driven a truck/SUV/crossover before. So if your wife is comfortable driving trucks/SUVs... she'll probably already have a level of comfort that my wife does not have.

But regardless, if your dealer has a demo unit (most do), I'd definitely go check it out.
10-4 thanks the input. And yes we are setting a date to drive the demo.