Sponsored

Insurance cost insight by those that already have their Bronco?

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
56 and clean.
Check out Hagerty. They deal in sports cars and other exotic. The catch is you have to other vehicles listed as your daily drivers with a different company. They don't have any mileage limits. If you qualify they are magic. I was quoted just over five hundred a year with low deductibles and better coverage than my daily drivers with American Family. We live in MN. and have two other cars with them for nine fifty a year.

One other thing. You choose the dollar value that you want coverage for. You know what your getting for a total loss...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From Hagerty themselves: https://www.hagertyagent.com/insurance/eligibility-guidelines

"Mileage of 3,500 or less is generally consistent with operating vehicles that have collectible value. Mileage up to 7,500 may be considered."

" Regular driving to work and/or for errands up to 5 months a year as a Seasonal Driver may be considered. "
Call them. They have never once asked us for any mileage on any car at any time. Never...

BTW if 7500 was true thats a lot of miles for a toy...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a quote from Farmers for my Badlands of about $1500/6 months, quite hefty. We also have house and two older cars with them, so some discounts.
I'd be curious to know what kind of quotes those of you that already have their rig or got a quote via their VIN were told? Please add what company and also what trim of Bronco you have. I know prices vary from state to state and within states, so maybe add your state as well. I'm in CA.
Mine is a Badlands with Sasquatch and LUX and tow, I never had such an expensive car, so that quote might just be what it costs, I won't change for small differences but would do so if the savings would be substantial.

Lots of variables in this of course, also at what level you insure and all that, but maybe hearing from a couple people here can give us a bit of an idea what to expect. I might also contact a broker, but I always feel I'm getting scammed in one way or other by those, LOL.

Thanks!
there are some factors which insurances takes into consideration.

1) the value of the vehicle
2) your location
3) the primary driver age, sex driving record, etc.
4) type of vehicle sports cars and off road vehicles don't fair well.

i remember getting an insurance policy on a fx4 off road ranger. my agent said the policy cost would increase based on being a 4wd based on claims made by drivers off roading. which seems to be reasonable if you are writing a policy... maybe you could negotiate a lower price if you got some 26s and street tires...

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got a quote from Farmers for my Badlands of about $1500/6 months, quite hefty. We also have house and two older cars with them, so some discounts.
I'd be curious to know what kind of quotes those of you that already have their rig or got a quote via their VIN were told? Please add what company and also what trim of Bronco you have. I know prices vary from state to state and within states, so maybe add your state as well. I'm in CA.
Mine is a Badlands with Sasquatch and LUX and tow, I never had such an expensive car, so that quote might just be what it costs, I won't change for small differences but would do so if the savings would be substantial.

Lots of variables in this of course, also at what level you insure and all that, but maybe hearing from a couple people here can give us a bit of an idea what to expect. I might also contact a broker, but I always feel I'm getting scammed in one way or other by those, LOL.

Thanks!
I saw your quote and immediately thought, they must be in CA before reading all of your post…low and behold lol. I lived in LA and I had insurance with Mercury which was much more reasonable, so try them maybe. I had Geico and moved to LA and my 6mo premium went from $600 to $2500. NOPE

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My quote went up $10 every six months, switching the Bronco in for our Ascent.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zip code has a lot to do with how much you pay too. Son went from $800 per year to $2,100 per year when he moved to Philadelphia
This. I get absolutely screwed based on zip code. I get 20% lower quotes by giving a zip code just 2 miles away. They kind of like you to use the zip where you live though.

Our newer vehicles have always cost a lot less than older ones when coverage is like for like. They said it's because of safety features.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called and was quoted just under 80/mo to add my VIN to a policy with 1 full coverage car and one liability only car already on it. Not bad really.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I pay around 85 per mo for highest coverage levels in progressive w/$1k deductible

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haven't read through this thread yet but I happened to post this on a separate thread just this morning:

Here's a juicy reminder to SHOP AROUND FOR CAR INSURANCE

I've been with geico for as long as I remember. With my old 2011 kia optima my insurance was $115 monthly. I then sold the car and dropped down to an insured car-less driver at $23 a month.

Now that I have a MID Sept build date, I figured I'd give geico the heads up. They quoted me $220 a month for the Bronco. That's not... terrible, but something felt off. The wife has progressive and suggested I get a quote from them so I did.
$60 a month. Almost a quarter what geico was trying to get me for. Wtf

I called geico to see if they would budge. Nope
They just lost a long standing customer to their direct competitor

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just price shopped this weekend...

Biggest thing is comparing apples to apples. I have much higher limits than state mandated minimums. Property damage, bodily injury, $500 deductibles... it all adds up. I could get my insurance down to $750 a year, but I pay almost $1400

Ford Bronco Insurance cost insight by those that already have their Bronco? insurance.JPG

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haven't read through this thread yet but I happened to post this on a separate thread just this morning:

Here's a juicy reminder to SHOP AROUND FOR CAR INSURANCE

I've been with geico for as long as I remember. With my old 2011 kia optima my insurance was $115 monthly. I then sold the car and dropped down to an insured car-less driver at $23 a month.

Now that I have a MID Sept build date, I figured I'd give geico the heads up. They quoted me $220 a month for the Bronco. That's not... terrible, but something felt off. The wife has progressive and suggested I get a quote from them so I did.
$60 a month. Almost a quarter what geico was trying to get me for. Wtf

I called geico to see if they would budge. Nope
They just lost a long standing customer to their direct competitor
Forgot to follow the instructions

4dr obx non-sas, lux
Pa suburbs zip code
Clean driving record
Good credit
Married

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thanks!
I haven’t ran the bronco yet but the 392 wrangler I have coming is $695 a year. It sounds like it’s time to move on from your current insurance. Don’t feel the need to be loyal. They’ll stick it in you the first chance they get.
To be clear I ordered the wrangler 7/29/2021,I had the vin on 7/30/2021. I would run the vin on the bronco but I’ve been waiting since 7/13/2020 for that.
Sponsored